• Show
Clear All
  • Troophopeful
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2005

RGratton,

I'm with you, fingers crossed.

Originally posted by RGratton
    A trooper on another message board said that the he heard the start date for the spring class is May 8th. At least it is early in the month (I was worried that it would end up being the last week of May!).

Comment

• Knott333
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2005

May Academy

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> :d

Comment

• wannabeenytrp
        Gray and Purple
        • Mar 2004

If it is May 8th you will be showing up on the 7th...
        Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• fusionetworks
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2006

Hello, gentlemen. I recently stumbled upon the forum and have enjoyed reading through this post. I have wanted to be a trooper for quite a few years now and will be finishing up college this May. I plan on taking the next test available (april 07 it looks like). However, I was wondering if it would benefit me to get a local badge for experience. I've heard mixed reviews on this subject. Some say that you are blue through and that troopers look down on local cops thinking they are better. I don't have a clue if this is true or not. Any current SP's have any suggestions for me? Thanks a lot.

Fingers a crossed for my placement in the time to come!

Comment

• SlowDownThere
            Cherub of Justice
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by fusionetworks
            Some say that you are blue through and that troopers look down on local cops thinking they are better. I don't have a clue if this is true or not. Any current SP's have any suggestions for me? Thanks a lot.
            That's bull shot.
            Probably half of the Troopers worked as cops elsewhere prior to being hired by the SP. I'm not saying nobody thinks that way, but it's not prevalent.

Either way, that should not be what you base your decision on, not at all.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• fusionetworks
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2006

I'm planning on getting a local badge just because experience is great to have. Was just wondering some opinions and if that truly was the case. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• golfpro
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2006

Hey Guys, in response to getting a local badge first, do what you want but there is one problem I see with that. Once you get that local badge a year down the road and the troopers call you when your only 3 months out of academy, do you want to go to academy for another 6 months. Sure the pay is worth it along with working as a trooper, but you just spent a year of your life in academy, doesnt sound fun.

Comment

• fusionetworks
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2006

Academy time doesn't bother me, the more training the better. (1*) I just want to do everything possible to help my chances at becoming an SP.

Comment

• RGratton
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2005

I would say just apply everywhere and take what comes your way. If something better comes along, jump ship! If police work is your passion, you can find it at the local, county, and state level. I think it is pretty easy to lateral between most departments once you are certified. However, like golfpro says, you would have to go through the academy again for the state police.

You can still join the state police even without prior experience as a police officer. From what others have said, even some officers aren

Comment

• Troophopeful
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2005

I wonder how the folks taking the pat this weekend are doing? Would be interesting to know how many actually showed up from the #'s that were invited.

Comment

• Trooper4985
                        Enlarged Member
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Troophopeful
                        I wonder how the folks taking the pat this weekend are doing? Would be interesting to know how many actually showed up from the #'s that were invited.
                        I know one who didn't go. Damdest thing happened last weekend... First he was doing 79/55 and then when asked how much he had had to drink... he said "Nothing, I'm just trying to get home", after some more questioning, he changed his story to 2 beers. Knowing the Draeger is the best of the best in breath test instruments, I know it wasn't an error when it came up a .16 BAC. After I showed him the .16, he maintained that he had 2 beers then said, "So, I probably shouldn't waste my money going to Albany next weekend then right?" I laughed to myself then politely said "That's up to you, I doubt you'd make it through the background but you can try".

If he had been honest about how much he had from the beginning (or even after I showed him is BAC) I might have felt a little bad for him but he already has displayed integrity issues so I don't want him working with me.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• RGratton
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2005

Wow

Comment

• Troophopeful
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2005

Damb....damb....damb.....I am speachless on this one. He shipwrecked his own l.e. Career by not exercising a bit of self-control.

Originally posted by Trooper4985
                            I know one who didn't go. Damdest thing happened last weekend... First he was doing 79/55 and then when asked how much he had had to drink... he said "Nothing, I'm just trying to get home", after some more questioning, he changed his story to 2 beers. Knowing the Draeger is the best of the best in breath test instruments, I know it wasn't an error when it came up a .16 BAC. After I showed him the .16, he maintained that he had 2 beers then said, "So, I probably shouldn't waste my money going to Albany next weekend then right?" I laughed to myself then politely said "That's up to you, I doubt you'd make it through the background but you can try".

If he had been honest about how much he had from the beginning (or even after I showed him is BAC) I might have felt a little bad for him but he already has displayed integrity issues so I don't want him working with me.

Comment

• Trooper4985
                              Enlarged Member
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Troophopeful
                              Damb....damb....damb.....I am speachless on this one. He shipwrecked his own l.e. Career by not exercising a bit of self-control.
                              If he wasn't 27 I'd say he had a chance at pleaing to a DWAI and maybe getting in but he'll be too old before I think they would allow him to restart the process. There are guys on the job who got AI's when they were young. Again... if he hadn't lied about how much he had... I have felt bad but not if he lies.

He mentioned something about going to Nevada and trying to get into a PD out there.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• arcop223
                                Forum Member
                                • Aug 2003

I am in the 1300 on the list, but had to differ due to military obligation, any one no what will be coming for 2007.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12290 users online. 76 members and 12214 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...