Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukefan23
    replied
    State and NYC budget was finalized based on federal funding being provided through a stimulus bill. Funds have not been provided yet for state and local governments. Cuts will have to be made but I don’t foresee NYSP being affected. Deblasio came out and said on Tuesday of this week that he doesn’t foresee cuts to NYPD or Corrections. I don’t think Cuomo has commented on NYSP but I don’t see major cuts to NYSP if any. Their are other portions of the budget that take up a lot more financial support.

Leave a comment:

• jas14
    commented on 's reply
    @C_Dona89
    Edit: Redid my budget research and here is what I got
    FY19: NYSP got $994,657,000 that ended on March 31st 2020
    FY20: NYSP got $1,018,667,000 that started on April 1st 2020

Looks like NYSP got a bump up in funding despite COVID-19? I'm no expert by any means.
    Last edited by jas14; 05-07-2020, 05:48 PM.

• Dukefan23
    commented on 's reply
    I think it could be a combination of the two, class 210 should be safe though.

• C_Dona89
    commented on 's reply
    They still need a new test because if they didn’t they wouldn’t have scheduled one for October. I’m pretty sure it’s a money issue for the state they’ve spent way too much because of this pandemic. I believe for now it’s the cheaper solution for them because even though we pay for the test it still cost them money to have one.

• 845Trooper
    commented on 's reply
    It’s true, I read it online today. They are refunding anyone everyone that signed up and you have to reapply when they open up sign ups again .So I’m assuming they are going to keep pulling from the old list most likely .

• jas14
    commented on 's reply
    MadDog2020 look on the NYSP FB page. I'm thinking it's because they have enough people in line already for the already postponed academies that a new test isn't needed at the moment.

• MadDog2020
    commented on 's reply
    Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-13-2020, 10:23 AM.

• 845Trooper
    replied
    2020 October exam is postponed!

Leave a comment:

• jas14
    commented on 's reply
    BlueBlood516 this is what I am thinking as well. More time for the NYSP to hold classes off of the 2017 exam. Hiring freeze (if it happened) would screw everyone, but our place in line would still hold.

• Dukefan23
    replied
    Class 210 should still get in this summer, I’ve heard of a possible freeze following the next class, nothing is for sure though.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood516
    commented on 's reply
    Solid point, but regardless of hiring freeze or not, if there isn’t a new exam or list established the current list applies for future classes. Regardless of what back and fourth the state and fed have NYS will (in my opinion) be receiving money to compensate a good portion of costs of this pandemic. Have to stay positive, if a class does not happen this year, eventually they will have to hire. If no test is administered the March and September guys will be up next to be hired.

• Dukefan23
    replied
    I would beg to differ. Sounds like a hiring freeze could be coming down the pipeline. If a test can’t be held I would think it is going to be tough to hold an academy class. Locally in my area they’ve already postponed an academy that was slated to start this fall. I hope I’m wrong but it isn’t looking promising.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood516
    commented on 's reply
    October 2020 exam has been postponed as per NYSP social media. Very promising for September 19’ guys.

• MadDog2020
    commented on 's reply
    Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:41 PM.

• MadDog2020
    commented on 's reply
    Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:44 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6409 users online. 321 members and 6088 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X