Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with RGratton. The academy is very close, and you may want more time to prepare yourself. You want to go into that academy tough both mentally and physically. If your missing one, you may have a tough time.

Comment

Thanks for your advice guys and I agree with you both I think it makes the most sense to defer at this point...

Comment

ChrisNJ:

Tough call on the PAT. Depends on how close you are to not making it. I wouldn't defer myself as it means another 6 months you won't be on the job and anything can happen in that time, i.e lose a job and credit gets shot, a speeding ticket, or something outlandish, but you know Murphy' Law. Plus I have jinxed you know by saying all this...

Also, I just spoke to a guy in the academy and they were told the number for the next class is now 285.. rumours...
        Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

Anybody can push themselves to make 1.5 miles in 12:18... you might puke when you're done but anybody can push themselves for 12 minutes. If you can't do the pushups or situps... there is no quick fix for them so I would reccomend deferring but busting your *** every day and get yourself in graduation PT shape before the academy even starts (using the fact that once you're in the academy... they pay you $50k to do PT and make your bed as motivation to get into shape). I have posted this before and I will say it again... cruising under the radar for PT makes life so much easier. They can't fire you for PT but they can certainly make your life hell for 6 months.

About the 285 recruits for class size... sounds like they are front loading for a 250 graduation class which is smart but it's going to make for some tight living for a while till people realize they miss their mommy and don't like being yelled at "for no reason"

Good luck to all the hopefuls for this class... we need more bodies on the road.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

I feel confident that I could squeak in under the wire with the run but the pushups and the situps need some work before I could pass the PAT...

Anyway it is a great gig and hope the state is as generous with a fall class as they may be with this upcoming spring class...

Comment

Chris, If you really want to be a trooper you would do situps and pushup everday till the processing. I have a friend who took the test with me and is using the same excuse you are. If you weren't motivated before to get into shape for this processing then you probably won't do it for the next. 37 pushups and 40 situps is not that hard, suck it up and get into shape, you still have time. If for some reason you fail they just tell you to come back next time, you are not disqualified. At least you will know what you have to do in order to get into shape for the next one. I don't mean to sound harsh but most the applicants will pretty much do anything to get into the SP. Good luck.

Comment

Chris, what are your numbers like (p/u, s/u, run time)?? I agree with some of the other folks who are saying that maybe you shouldn
                Last edited by Troophopeful; 01-24-2006, 07:39 PM.

Comment

If they are processing more people on Feb 4th for the April class then most likely they will have to postpone the academy, am I right? Would they wait and do the medicals all together? What is the fastest they can process people from PAT to academy? They would have to do everything in less than a month to keep to the April date.

Could someone please tell me what to expect at the medical. Thanks.

Comment

Hey Wish...

Thanks for the input I really appreciate your view on my situation.. I need to drop some weight and I want to pass the PT test on the first try, going up to Albany and crossing my fingers in hopes that I will pass is not going to cut it... I know that the PT test isn't exactly an insurmountable obstacle but It isn't exactly easy either if the only thing I do in the winter is slack off...

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew
                      Could someone please tell me what to expect at the medical. Thanks.
                      Turn your head and cough... now bend over and spread 'em!
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• IWISHKNEW,

Guess you got your answers

Originally posted by Trooper4985
                        Turn your head and cough... now bend over and spread 'em!

Comment

• Rumors floating around about the academy possibly being pushed back to month of May. Have any of the troopers heard anything regarding this?

Comment

• Like I said on the other forum, not what I wanted to hear. We have to look at the positive side though, more time to get into shape. I was literally counting the days but I stopped that because it will make it seem like a longer time. Just remember, we

Comment

• Originally posted by Troophopeful
                              Rumors floating around about the academy possibly being pushed back to month of May. Have any of the troopers heard anything regarding this?
                              Read a teletype that mentioned anticipated class in May 06.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• A trooper on another message board said that he heard the start date for the spring class is May 8th. At least it is early in the month (I was worried that it would end up being the last week of May!).
                                Last edited by RGratton; 01-31-2006, 10:06 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10780 users online. 367 members and 10413 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X