300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
    Does anybody have information on how selection works if you defer? My rank is 6,XXX and I had to defer for military obligations. I will be processing this weekend though so does that necessarily mean I have a better shot than those ranked in the 13,XXX area?
    As long as you make it through everything, you will move to the top of the list.

For example, I was canvassed for the 195th, but deferred because I was still on active duty. I came off my deferment and processed right away for the 197th.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post

As long as you make it through everything, you will move to the top of the list.

For example, I was canvassed for the 195th, but deferred because I was still on active duty. I came off my deferment and processed right away for the 197th.
      Excellent. I wasn't positive but I had a feeling I would move up. Thank you all for the info and also, thank you for your service.

Comment

• Anybody from June processing hear anything yet? I heard another 450 made it through the PAT processing this past weekend. A lot of people on deck.... Still waiting, June/sept. Troop A

Comment

• Originally posted by Z-ro View Post
          Anybody from June processing hear anything yet? I heard another 450 made it through the PAT processing this past weekend. A lot of people on deck.... Still waiting, June/sept. Troop A
          Haven't heard anything yet- still waiting, I was June/ Sept. too. I would imagine backfill letters would go out soon?

Comment

• Haven't been on here in a long time, but I've been following this thread. My friend just got a call from member hiring unit asking her if she would be available for a last minute call into the academy. So it's safe to assume that if you haven't gotten a letter by now you're probably either backfill or DQ'D. My friend was processed in June/Sept. List 84XX....same for me I'm 89xx.
            NYPD
            EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX
            Medical: 1/27- Done
            Written Psych: 2/6- Done
            Oral psych: 2/6- Done
            BI: Scheduled 3/4
            2nd Oral psych: 5/1- Done (passed)
            JST: June 10
            Mini Med: June 12
            The call : July 06 at 8:55am

Comment

• Backfill and DQ'd are 2 possibilities, as well as being over-processed and still being considered for the next academy. They processed up to rank 10,233 for June so there's still a big group of candidates waiting to hear something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
                Does anybody have information on how selection works if you defer? My rank is 6,XXX and I had to defer for military obligations. I will be processing this weekend though so does that necessarily mean I have a better shot than those ranked in the 13,XXX area?
                You've got a better chance considering I'm 13,2XX and haven't even been invited for processing yet, but I get your question, once processed and "approved" they then go back to ranking order, that is a civil service requirement by the way, not a state police process. Technically if you're "qualified" to their standards, they have to hire in order of civil service ranking, per NYS Civil Service rules, but we all know that the state can choose which rules they want to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by UpstateRam View Post
                  Backfill and DQ'd are 2 possibilities, as well as being over-processed and still being considered for the next academy. They processed up to rank 10,233 for June so there's still a big group of candidates waiting to hear something.
                  They just processed another 2,000 on top of that, according to their website they're up to 13,000.

Comment

• Processed this weekend and was very surprised at the number of failures we had for the sit-ups. Nearly 50% failed at just sit-ups and I'm not sure after that what the push-ups and run did. Got the psych meeting scheduled for a few weeks from now, anyone have info on what that is like? Is the polygraph the same day or next?

Troop A

Comment

• I also was there this weekend my group was great we only lost one to the run I believe! Just got my fingerprints done today. Does anyone know what we need to do with the receipt? Also have pysch scheduled in a few weeks.

Comment

• Hey, how's Everyone doing getting all the stuff from the Packet? I got my black Hat, Gloves and my Gray Heavy weight sweats. Speaking with friends whi are currently in now I got 7 pairs of compression shorts. Also, do you think it's ok that most of my stuff either have a Nike or Under Armour logo? It doesn't say anything about logos in the packet. Also, the Oxford shoes I'm assuming they want pair that's high Gloss right?

Comment

• Originally posted by nate3234 View Post
                          Hey, how's Everyone doing getting all the stuff from the Packet? I got my black Hat, Gloves and my Gray Heavy weight sweats. Speaking with friends whi are currently in now I got 7 pairs of compression shorts. Also, do you think it's ok that most of my stuff either have a Nike or Under Armour logo? It doesn't say anything about logos in the packet. Also, the Oxford shoes I'm assuming they want pair that's high Gloss right?
                          I was a backfill for the March academy, but finally made the cut for this academy. As far as I remember they do no want high gloss, but they do want an oxford that can be given a high shine. Also, there should be no logos on any of your gear.
                          Last edited by Xstioner; 10-04-2016, 12:04 PM.
                          NYSP
                          Score: 97.x

Comment

• Oh really? Now I'll definitely have to ask at the Orentation. Mt buddy who's in now said logos weren't a big deal. It all blends with the color lol. It's as if I have the gray sweats with a black logo. I dunno. I'll have to remember to ask. Would hate to get all the way there and get screamed at for logos lol. Most decent gloves will have a logo on it ya know.

Comment

• No high gloss shoes. As for logos, I would suggest the cheapo sweats from Hanes or Fruit of the Loom without any. If you want fancy stuff, good for you.

Just remember: you want to be under the radar for the next 6 months.

Oh, and I would suggest not to bring your mom to orientation. But if you do, it will stick with you for the rest of your career or until you quit. True story....
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Deleted post.
                                Last edited by nyc4419; 09-03-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7337 users online. 234 members and 7103 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X