300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Squevie View Post
    I understand how ratios work... I was assuming that since making it this far and not being disqualified YET, that we would potentially be that (1) of 10 or 12 or 15. Since my number is 98xx, and I see people in the 4xxx are getting accepted, I have a better chance to make it to this academy as opposed to Spring's if I was the ONE of 15.

9800-4500 = 5300. If the ratio was 1:15, that would put me around spot number 353, as opposed to a 1:10 which would put me around spot 530, and certainly not in this October's class unless that split class of 300 or so happens.

But thanks for the encouraging words guys....
    i heard from my recruiter that this class is just shy of 200 people and that the split idea is still up in the air at this point

Comment

• Byeonmans. I have no idea how to turn on PMs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squevie View Post
        I understand how ratios work... I was assuming that since making it this far and not being disqualified YET, that we would potentially be that (1) of 10 or 12 or 15. Since my number is 98xx, and I see people in the 4xxx are getting accepted, I have a better chance to make it to this academy as opposed to Spring's if I was the ONE of 15.

9800-4500 = 5300. If the ratio was 1:15, that would put me around spot number 353, as opposed to a 1:10 which would put me around spot 530, and certainly not in this October's class unless that split class of 300 or so happens.

But thanks for the encouraging words guys....
        You are making no sense AT ALL. The 10:1 ratio is how the State determines the number of people to invite to start the hiring process. So they canvass 10 candidates for 1 position. If they invite 2500 to the agility, that means they usually plan on having a 250 person academy. 250 x 10 = 2500!

Now not all 2500 show up for the agility. Let's say only 1500 show up and only 1250 pass. Now we have a ratio of 5 candidates for 1 position (5:1). After the remaining parts of the process take place more candidates drop out or get disqualified which lowers the ratio even more. If 500 get invited to the final medical and the budget allows for a class of 250 this means you have a 2:1 chance of getting a spot.

Also, you have no chance of ever being put into the fall academy. You will be processing for the spring academy with the 2700 other candidates who were invited.

Again GOOD LUCK

Comment

• Processed in may and Sept. 79xx troop A. No letter about in or out yet.

Comment

• Finally in. What a wait it seemed but so excited and proud to have been accepted. Congrats to those in the same position. Being backfilled for the last academy and almost getting called for it was a huge tease. For those waiting, backfills I would assume should be called shortly. Waiting for the orientation email. Anybody receive the orientation invite for the academy yet?

Comment

• RHFT, nothing on orientation. I guess they send it out a week or 2 before academy. That's what my buddy said who's graduating from this class said. Congrats.

Comment

• Anyone from Troop A Buffalo, area looking to maybe train hard for the next couple weeks shoot me an email. Also, would be nice to meet some fellow commands to car pool with, when they let us! Which I belive you can't car pool for the first 4 weeks.

Comment

• You can carpool whenever, some just consider it less than ideal based upon the fact that 25% of you are quitters. Hopefully your driver does not end up part of that 25%.

Comment

• Got my invite today! Troop F, processed May 7/8.

Comment

• Originally posted by campeador82 View Post
                      Got my invite today! Troop F, processed May 7/8.

What was your rank?

Comment

• Originally posted by Z-ro View Post

What was your rank?
                        8,0xx

Comment

• Originally posted by campeador82 View Post

8,0xx
                          Congrats! I'm 84XX, hopefully I hear something in the upcoming days...

Comment

• Does anybody have information on how selection works if you defer? My rank is 6,XXX and I had to defer for military obligations. I will be processing this weekend though so does that necessarily mean I have a better shot than those ranked in the 13,XXX area?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
                              Does anybody have information on how selection works if you defer? My rank is 6,XXX and I had to defer for military obligations. I will be processing this weekend though so does that necessarily mean I have a better shot than those ranked in the 13,XXX area?
                              Yes.

Comment

• The wait is finally over for me, got the letter today see you guys the 23rd

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5391 users online. 286 members and 5105 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X