300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Police_officer3315 View Post
    I just recently received a letter from NYS trooper and I'm really excited. Although I need to get in better shape I pray the PT don't kick my butt. During the process weekend what does the medical consist of. When they drug test is urine or hair? just curious I like to know things lol. Lastly only problem im afraid of is my license being suspended few times about 6 years ago will that be an issue. Thanks for any response.
    Cannot comment on the drug testing, but I worked with an investigator before moving out of NYS. The pre employment background is extremely thorough and they will most definitely ask about that. Not sure if it would be a DQ, but it will most likely depend on the circumstances surrounding the suspension.

Comment

• Also processing oct 1 . My first time taking exam. Im coming from new jersey anybody else from nj ?, what are your #'s for pat looking like. A little worried about those sit ups

Comment

I just recently received a letter from NYS trooper and I'm really excited. Although I need to get in better shape I pray the PT don't kick my butt. During the process weekend what does the medical consist of. When they drug test is urine or hair? just curious I like to know things lol. Lastly only problem im afraid of is my license being suspended few times about 6 years ago will that be an issue. Thanks for any response.
        The drug test on processing weekend is urine and hair.
        Last edited by Bamss51; 09-09-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Lastly only problem im afraid of is my license being suspended few times about 6 years ago will that be an issue.
          Driving is a huge part of what we do on a daily basis. It is also a big part of the laws we enforce. The fact that your license was suspended, and the fact it happened more than once is no small thing. Is it the end of the line for you? I don't think so, but I don't make those calls. I can tell you this, you will definately have some explaining to do. My advice is this: own it! If you lie, omit, downplay, "forget" etc. good luck! Because youre going to need it.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I'd be more concerned with your comment regarding hair vs urine. Does it matter? That's an odd question to be asking.....

As for the license suspension, that is very subjective. It's all relative to your situation. Why was it suspended? Were you 16 and made some mistakes? Were you 23 and forgot to pay insurance? Have you straightened yourself out? I know when I went through my background for a local agency I had some credit card issues from my past when I lost income for a few months. The investigator asked a lot of questions about it and tried to understandd my situation. Having to pay my mortgage, car payment and feed my kid, I fell behind and had a credit card go into collections and then an actual judgement against me. That was 5 years ago and has been removed from my credit history because I paid it off. I paid what I could each month against it and it eventually was satisfied.

Does this reflect poor character? That's up to the investigator. Because I didn't lie and explained my situation and more importantly, I rectified it by paying it off, I made myself look like I've matured. I don't think the NYSP are out to get us and look for reasons to make us look bad and fail the background, but rather they need to test our integrity and find out how we make things rigth after things go wrong, since things will go wrong in our future (it's called life).

Hope this helps....

Comment

• Just received my oct 1 & 2 processing packet. Anyone else on here heading up that weekend? Excited to finally start the processing!

Comment

• I received invite as well. Where you coming from?

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                  I received invite as well. Where you coming from?
                  Coming from Long Island

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGrind16 View Post
                    Yes.
                    Is this for the 70% PAT in the academy as well? Or is someone only holding your feet for the 50 percentile?

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc4419 View Post
                      Is this for the 70% PAT in the academy as well? Or is someone only holding your feet for the 50 percentile?
                      When they test you, someone is always holding your feet.

Comment

• anyone here get lasik for the job. I have the test on the 1st and I am awaiting to get the lasik after the PAT. As per the website it says you HAVE to have proof the exam is scheduled within 5 days after the PAT. Anyone go through this??

Comment

• Originally posted by medic5199 View Post
                          anyone here get lasik for the job. I have the test on the 1st and I am awaiting to get the lasik after the PAT. As per the website it says you HAVE to have proof the exam is scheduled within 5 days after the PAT. Anyone go through this??
                          I did, I think you have two weeks to schedule the appointment

Comment

• Originally posted by J.kopcza View Post
                            I did, I think you have two weeks to schedule the appointment
                            Now it says not to wear contacts. Did you just wear glasses and bring them?

Comment

• For the candidates who went to the medical Saturday, did anyone hear how many candidates were there in total?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by UpstateRam View Post
                                For the candidates who went to the medical Saturday, did anyone hear how many candidates were there in total?

Thanks
                                I believe around 500 were invited.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8916 users online. 453 members and 8463 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X