300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NY331616 View Post
    I recieved the packet to start the process on Tuesday.. My list number is around 107xx.
    Wow I didn't realize they're sending out even more, the NYtrooper.com site says they sent them out back in June. They must not be updating the site.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgex9 View Post
      I left NYS for another SP job shortly after the exam in 2013. Still haven't heard anything.
      Why would you want to come back?!
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
        Wow I didn't realize they're sending out even more, the NYtrooper.com site says they sent them out back in June. They must not be updating the site.
        I heard there is a possibility of another split class.

Comment

• Any current troopers on this thread know know many people total were invited to the final medical that is this weekend? (9/10/16), I know there were a bunch of canidates that were backfills from the last class and then the canidates that processed in May, and June...

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
            Morning Sir,

Split classes as in two separate group sessions with PT/ classroom split between AM & PM?

Comment

Thanks for sharing the info, I know a few guys in Troop G said there's a TON of retirees in the coming year so hopefully the hiring trend continues.

Comment

Can you explain exactly what a "split class" would be? Just curious.
                And I just saw the recruitment website was updated today, says invites went out to the rank of 13,000.
                From the previous processing weekend that's around 2,700 invites that went out... Expecting a big class?
                And any word if this would be the last class off of the 2013 exam? Next exam is supposed to be in the fall of '17....
                Appreciate any insight you may have! Thanks!
                Last edited by YouAreNeverOutOfTheFight; 09-08-2016, 01:49 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

• Originally posted by YouAreNeverOutOfTheFight View Post
                  Can you explain exactly what a "split class" would be? Just curious.
                  And I just saw the recruitment website was updated today, says invites went out to the rank of 13,000.
                  From the previous processing weekend that's around 2,700 invites that went out... Expecting a big class?
                  And any word if this would be the last class off of the 2013 exam? Next exam is supposed to be in the fall of '17....
                  Appreciate any insight you may have! Thanks!
                  We have to understand that at this point in the processing, 3 years later since the exam, many people have situations that may have changed. I've got an extra child as well as had an increase of pay that puts me above the starting pay of a Trooper. Many others may have landed jobs with a local agency (like I have). So I need to consider many things including the change of going through the academy all over again (I just graduated) and putting my wife and 3 kids throught that again. It wasn't easy missing my son's tee ball games and my daugther's ballet recital but it was to make a better life for them. On the other hand, this is just a job like anyone else so in their mind (and my wife's) daddy is working and not here (huge respect for you in the active military that go months without seeing family).

In addition, we all know that the PAT chews up and spits out candidates rather quickly. I was invited to a local police PAT and out of the 75 present, only 6 were left for the mile run. Sit-ups is what did it for most. Also, the polygraph also weeds out a lot of people. The NYSP can be very picky with so many candidates that they may be turning down anyone with the slightest default. We all know the ratio is 100:1 (per NYSP website) so if they want a 250 man split-class, thats 2,500 candidates.

I would assume that the NYSP will continue to process candidates so long as the NY budget allows them too. I don't think they are too concerned with a new exam in 2017, they will continue to push to hire as long as they have the allocated funds; trust me, state agencies will use all the money they can while they have it, it is not guaranteed for future use.

Oh, and nothing like being 13,2XX on the list.....
                  Last edited by StanleyVega; 09-08-2016, 02:06 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

To clarify:

Several classes ago there was a "split class" due to budget and manpower. Basically, the academy started, and month or two later, a the second half of your class started the academy. You trained together, then graduate. The first half goes out to FTO, while the second returns to the academy for the rest of their training and then goes on to FTO. For all intents and purpose you are all one class, but with two different EOD's for seniority.

Comment

Why would you want to come back?!
                      The south pays like ****, my friend.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the info, I know a few guys in Troop G said there's a TON of retirees in the coming year so hopefully the hiring trend continues.
                        My uncle just retired out of A, and more to come as well.

Comment

We have to understand that at this point in the processing, 3 years later since the exam, many people have situations that may have changed. I've got an extra child as well as had an increase of pay that puts me above the starting pay of a Trooper. Many others may have landed jobs with a local agency (like I have). So I need to consider many things including the change of going through the academy all over again (I just graduated) and putting my wife and 3 kids throught that again. It wasn't easy missing my son's tee ball games and my daugther's ballet recital but it was to make a better life for them. On the other hand, this is just a job like anyone else so in their mind (and my wife's) daddy is working and not here (huge respect for you in the active military that go months without seeing family).

In addition, we all know that the PAT chews up and spits out candidates rather quickly. I was invited to a local police PAT and out of the 75 present, only 6 were left for the mile run. Sit-ups is what did it for most. Also, the polygraph also weeds out a lot of people. The NYSP can be very picky with so many candidates that they may be turning down anyone with the slightest default. We all know the ratio is 100:1 (per NYSP website) so if they want a 250 man split-class, thats 2,500 candidates.

I would assume that the NYSP will continue to process candidates so long as the NY budget allows them too. I don't think they are too concerned with a new exam in 2017, they will continue to push to hire as long as they have the allocated funds; trust me, state agencies will use all the money they can while they have it, it is not guaranteed for future use.

Oh, and nothing like being 13,2XX on the list.....
                          I hear you on that. The number of people that are on this list is amazing. I scored in the 90s and am ranked 13xxx as well.

Comment

• I just recently received a letter from NYS trooper and I'm really excited. Although I need to get in better shape I pray the PT don't kick my butt. During the process weekend what does the medical consist of. When they drug test is urine or hair? just curious I like to know things lol. Lastly only problem im afraid of is my license being suspended few times about 6 years ago will that be an issue. Thanks for any response.
                            Exam:3315

Everything completed missed the JAnuary academy hopefully im called in April

Comment

• For the physical test part, is someone holding your feet for sit-ups or something else ?
                              Last edited by NY331616; 09-08-2016, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY331616 View Post
                                For the physical test part, is someone holding your feet for sit-ups or something else ?
                                Yes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9672 users online. 311 members and 9361 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X