300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
    Congrats man! Which Academy class is this for I wonder. I hope they are not delaying the October class until spring...
    There's already a pool of qualified candidates from last years PAT, plus 2 from 2016..... IMO this will definitely be for a future academy; not fall 16'.

Congrats to all those who received their packets for 10/1!

Comment

• Thank you Upstate Ram

Comment

• Originally posted by leo84 View Post
        Are they still sending new troopers fresh out of the academy way upstate? Or has that trend been settling down to different locations recently? Looking for some insight on what to expect. Thanks.
        Prior to the hiring freeze '08-'12, recruits were generally sent to B, F or K. Now there seems to be a less recruits going downstate, and C and B getting the bulk.

Our last round of transfers saw people coming to K with around 2 or 3 years on. One of the classes recently saw K closed completely and another class had only a handful come here.

You will never get A, L, or T right out of the gate. Thats for sure.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
          Prior to the hiring freeze '08-'12, recruits were generally sent to B, F or K. Now there seems to be a less recruits going downstate, and C and B getting the bulk.

Our last round of transfers saw people coming to K with around 2 or 3 years on. One of the classes recently saw K closed completely and another class had only a handful come here.

You will never get A, L, or T right out of the gate. Thats for sure.
          Is T really hard to get into? What's the wait time? How about E?

Comment

• Someone stated there is a pool for the Fall class from three separate PATs. Any idea the chances, if I am going to the medical this weekend, of being a part of that fall academy? Is there a chance I would have to wait for the follow academy? Thanks for any help you can give! Getting excited..

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
              Is T really hard to get into? What's the wait time? How about E?
              T is not "hard to get into". Transfer to the T-way is a transfer, just like any other, based on the needs of Division and seniority. However, you will not be sent to the T-way as a probationary trooper. You might be drafted immediately after completing probation, but that's different.

I can't say for sure about E. I haven't heard of many recruits going there, and I know a lot of guys from A use it as a stepping stone. Guys from my class waited about 5-6 years to get to A, a few stopped in E. I think it took 6-7 years for guys from my class to get to L. G is also usually a long wait. NYC was a big draft last time for the new guys.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• After doing a deferment for well over a year due to military conflicts, I finally got my packet! I'll actually be flying in from the West Coast on Friday the 30th. I have a Hilton booked that is literally right across the street from the processing building so if anybody wants to chip in, I have the room Friday-Monday.

Comment

• Last class had Troopers go to all but A, L,T, and NYC. They are just short of forcing people to go to NYC now so that will most probably be available after FTO for new guys. Last class had majority go to B and C. A small amount (10-15) to E, maybe 5 to G, and a fair amount to K, D, and F. C and B will most probably get a bunch again since all the NYCers (ie. Those who seem to be academically and common sense challenged) were sent to C and B, and have since gone to the city. Probably best to start preparing yourself to live in Central or Northern NY for the short term - and before someone asks, the last class had some people finding out the day before graduation where they were heading...

Comment

• For those of you being processed, what rank have they reached? I left NYS for another SP job shortly after the exam in 2013. Still haven't heard anything.

Comment

• Rank 107xx

Comment

• Originally posted by edgex9 View Post
                        For those of you being processed, what rank have they reached? I left NYS for another SP job shortly after the exam in 2013. Still haven't heard anything.
                        I would assume close to 12k. My number was 67xx but I deferred as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by I wanna be a cop View Post
                          Rank 107xx
                          Interesting. Any word on another exam in the near future?

Comment

• I recieved the packet to start the process on Tuesday.. My list number is around 107xx.

Comment

• Fall 2017 but they'll be utilizing this list for at least another year and a half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
                                Fall 2017 but they'll be utilizing this list for at least another year and a half.
                                At least, if the exam is November 2017, the results won't be available until at least February or March, making 2013 list available until at least Feb 2018.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9770 users online. 330 members and 9440 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X