300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crau1211 View Post
    FOR THOSE WHO HAVE GONE THROUGH IT, OR ARE ALREADY ON THE JOB....

Would it be okay if I wore a wrist-sweatband during the run? I do not want to stand out or draw attention to myself in any way, but when I run I sweat way too much. It is almost embarrassing how much I sweat, and having something as simple as a wristband for a quick wipe down would make me much more comfortable - as opposed to me constantly using my shirt and possibly having sweat drip into my eyes.

I know it's a strange question, but any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Anything you do to make yourself stand out from the crowd for other peoples amusement is a win! I think it's a great idea
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Would it be okay if I wore a wrist-sweatband during the run? I do not want to stand out or draw attention to myself in any way, but when I run I sweat way too much. It is almost embarrassing how much I sweat, and having something as simple as a wristband for a quick wipe down would make me much more comfortable - as opposed to me constantly using my shirt and possibly having sweat drip into my eyes.

The NYSP Academy will make you sweat. A lot.

I would forgo anything you won't have at the Academy anyway.

Comment

So instead of sweating and standing out, you'd rather wear a sweatband and look like Olivia Newton John? (I'm aging myself with that comment)? Sorry bro, had to bust some balls there. You're a man, let that sweat roll off your back and give no f*cks about it.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone heading to Albany this weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
            So instead of sweating and standing out, you'd rather wear a sweatband and look like Olivia Newton John? (I'm aging myself with that comment)? Sorry bro, had to bust some balls there. You're a man, let that sweat roll off your back and give no f*cks about it.
            You were right... and I actually thought of you during the run, telling myself "let it roll off my back, f*ck it!.. and I PASSED!
            On a side note, I am just glad that I wasn't the guy who showed up in a tank top with a "man bun" haircut. I overheard one of the troopers saying how he wished he could chop it off right there. Congrats to everyone else who passed.

Comment

You were right... and I actually thought of you during the run, telling myself "let it roll off my back, f*ck it!.. and I PASSED!
              On a side note, I am just glad that I wasn't the guy who showed up in a tank top with a "man bun" haircut. I overheard one of the troopers saying how he wished he could chop it off right there. Congrats to everyone else who passed.

Haha great news bro! Congrats on passing. Man bun......wow........at least he was able to divert some attention away from everyone else lol!

I'll be curious to hear the results in the coming week over how many showed up and how many passed. With 2 processing weekends (this month and one last month) we can probably all assume that they won't process for another few months. Which sucks, I'm right at 13k.....maybe next time.

Comment

• Does anyone have any information regarding how many people showed up for this last processing and the number who have made it through?

Comment

• I heard a Trooper say that just under 600 showed up on Saturday. I'm not sure how many made it to Sunday's processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsacopthing View Post
                    I heard a Trooper say that just under 600 showed up on Saturday. I'm not sure how many made it to Sunday's processing.

Comment

• Thanks for the info....wonder how many made it through physical

Comment

• A little over 600 showed up and about 300 made it to sunday for the psych. good luck

Comment

• Thanks for the info!!

Comment

• I wonder how many they plan to hire from this recent group. My number is getting close and I am hopeful to get called before new test comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by I wanna be a cop View Post
                              I wonder how many they plan to hire from this recent group. My number is getting close and I am hopeful to get called before new test comes out.
                              I hear ya, I'm at 13k and turning 30 next month....the next exam seems too far away!

Comment

• I am 107xx. Hoping there will be another processing in Fall or is processing done 1×/ yr?
                                Last edited by I wanna be a cop; 07-05-2016, 07:21 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8087 users online. 452 members and 7635 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X