300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UpstateRam View Post
    Absolutely, I sincerely appreciate the insight. I'm 15 minutes from headquarters; no worries there. How early would you advise showing up if I'm scheduled at 10:30, I was thinking being there parked and waiting by 10 and walk up a few minutes before.
    Yeah that's a good idea. They'll start processing candidates at 7am but they just have people come in waves instead of having 2000 people show up at 7am. Just be ready and get amped and pass. Its all mental.

Comment

• Just processed in May. I'd also recommend contacting your local recruiter to see if they will have an orientation re: processing weekend. I went to one and thought it was helpful. I arrived at the front door 15 mins early on Saturday which worked out well for me. Sunday I would try to get to wherever they do testing a good 30 minutes early, a lot of people going to the same place all at once created slow traffic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skibaldy16 View Post
        Just processed in May. I'd also recommend contacting your local recruiter to see if they will have an orientation re: processing weekend. I went to one and thought it was helpful. I arrived at the front door 15 mins early on Saturday which worked out well for me. Sunday I would try to get to wherever they do testing a good 30 minutes early, a lot of people going to the same place all at once created slow traffic.
        Agreed^

Comment

• Originally posted by Skibaldy16 View Post
          Just processed in May. I'd also recommend contacting your local recruiter to see if they will have an orientation re: processing weekend. I went to one and thought it was helpful. I arrived at the front door 15 mins early on Saturday which worked out well for me. Sunday I would try to get to wherever they do testing a good 30 minutes early, a lot of people going to the same place all at once created slow traffic.
          Thanks guys- I'll definitely be amped! When's your psych scheduled skibaldy16?

Comment

Thanks guys- I'll definitely be amped! When's your psych scheduled skibaldy16?
            Friday, looking forward to it

Comment

• Originally posted by crau1211 View Post
              package in the mail today -- invited to processing weekend June 25
              Originally posted by UpstateRam View Post
              Package in the mail today -- invited to processing weekend June 25!!!

Rank 96**
              Good luck guys, hope its nice and cool. Sucks that you guys have to take your PT during the summer. It was a lovely mid 60s day when I took mine

Comment

• Thanks Striker! Not going to lie, I'm jealous! I would take 100+ degrees doing the PT than sitting at home with no packet though, hopefully it's not TOO hot!

Good luck on the psych this week!

Comment

• Any idea how far in the list will the next wave of processing reach ??
                  NYPD
                  Exam# 6011

Comment

• Congrats to all who have received their packet! My rank is 107xx and staying positive that I will get notified for processing before the next test. Good luck to all!

Comment

• Does anyone know what type of vision test they give for color blindness? Is it the ishihara test? Reason I'm asking is because I almost always fail the ishihara plate test. If this is the standard test then do they offer an alternative such as the Farnsworth d15?

Comment

• Hard to say, this processing with 2000 new invites 6/25 will be a big factor to future processing's IMHO. They have 34* moving forward from the processing in May, plus backfill from last year's processing.

Just ordered my MV-15 lifetime abstract and it'll be sent out this evening. So far at the county I'm only showing 2 tickets going back to 2008, would a tint ticket from 2004 show up on the lifetime?

Comment

• Originally posted by bchan View Post
                          Does anyone know what type of vision test they give for color blindness? Is it the ishihara test? Reason I'm asking is because I almost always fail the ishihara plate test. If this is the standard test then do they offer an alternative such as the Farnsworth d15?
                          At processing it was the ishihara (googled it), however not sure if they have an alternate available.
                          Last edited by Skibaldy16; 06-02-2016, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Hard to say, this processing with 2000 new invites 6/25 will be a big factor to future processing's IMHO. They have 34* moving forward from the processing in May, plus backfill from last year's processing.

Just ordered my MV-15 lifetime abstract and it'll be sent out this evening. So far at the county I'm only showing 2 tickets going back to 2008, would a tint ticket from 2004 show up on the lifetime?
                            Ram, tint tickets did not show up for me on the online report, I am not sure if that is the type of offense that shows up at all. However I was advised it is best to include any/all tickets you can remember or dig up, even if it is just the month and year you put down, more important to acknowledge something than to think it won't be found.

Comment

• Thanks Ski, I'll put it down. Rather be safe than sorry. Hopefully the MV-15 will help me remember anything I don't recall.

Comment

• I'd like to add some positive thoughts for those who feel discouraged regarding their ranking. As I have mentioned before in earlier threads, I am very involved with OGS on the construction end of things at the Harriman State Campus. Part of this job allows me the pleasure of dealing with facility directors including those at Building 22 and Building 24. With that being said, I'd like to share some insight I received from one of the Master Sergeants in administration at the academy.

This is is the time that processing flys bye! We are at over 2 years from the original exam and since then, many people have: found good jobs, graduated college, moved, had family situations changed, gotten married, had children, changed priorities, and some even have completely forgotten about the exam. In addition, many people get situated in life and fear the huge impact that a tropper career could have on one's life. Many people this late in the game simply aren't interested anymore, it's quite obvious with the 4,000 processed just in the last 2 months. With that being said, the failure rate of the PAT is also at the highest. Many people have gotten older and more out of shape or don't train. We've heard this a hundred times on the forum.

On top of all that, the NYSP will process off this list well into 2017 and much of 2018. The new exam will be held fall of 2017 with a composed list of applicants expected by Spring of 2018. It won't be until Fall of 2018 that the new list will be utilized. Now, I understand that hiring freezes and state budgetary issues seem to put a wedge in the spoke when things get going, but like I said, this was all coming from the "horses mouth".

I'd also like to add that my source has been working in administration for over 25 years and was confident when he said the NYSP expects to process up to 15,000 from this list. The past few exams have gone close to 15k and this one may even surpass it due to the lack of hiring from 2008-2011 where many officers retired.

I'm sure I'll get some contradictory replys but take this for what it's worth, I didn't just "hear" this information from just anyone. I'm just looking to add my two cents to this helpful forum.
                                Last edited by StanleyVega; 06-04-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10773 users online. 368 members and 10405 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X