300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
    It was suggested to us by a Sgt not to use our points on the main test or even the sgts exam rather hold them for the LTs exam.
    I'm not a veteren, and I don't have any points to use. But I believe that if you use veteren's points, and then it turns out you didn't need them, you can apply to get them back.

Does anyone know if this is true? If it is true, there is no downside to using them for each test. If it's not true, then I think your SGT is right, and you should save them for the LT's exam (assuming, of course, that you would even get hired without using them).
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• No official word, and I'm just thinking out loud here.....

...but I have a hunch that they may wait until after the State Fair to start the next academy. Don't get all excited guys, it's just my hunch. I haven't heard anything at work.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        I'm not a veteren, and I don't have any points to use. But I believe that if you use veteren's points, and then it turns out you didn't need them, you can apply to get them back.

Does anyone know if this is true? If it is true, there is no downside to using them for each test. If it's not true, then I think your SGT is right, and you should save them for the LT's exam (assuming, of course, that you would even get hired without using them).
        I have heard something like that before but I think that might be (and I may be wrong) if you use them for one test and don't get hired then you can use them again. I know they warn you that if you use them you can't use them again?!?!?

I know I used my points and I can't use them again but those points allowed me to get into the first class off this past test.

Comment

You are correct Sarge... Towards the end of my academy class I got a letter stating that my vet points were not needed to put me in the class so they were given back to me to be used for promotional testing. Here's a scary thought... If I ever decided to take the Sgt's exam, I would save my points for the LT's test where 5 points means a lot more.

Right now I have no intentions on correcting reports and getting myself jammed up because I take care of complaints myself instead of a PC.... "What? You were doing 85/55, have a loud exhaust and brake light out, wouldn't give your license and registration to the Trooper when he asked for them and then refused to comply with the Troopers orders to stay in your vehicle while he was writing you 3 tickets and the Trooper yelled at you 3 times to get back into your vehicle or he was going to arrest you. Well, Sir... apparently if you hadn't been speeding and have a couple of equipment violations on your vehicle, my Trooper would have had no reason to have police contact with you and this interaction would have never taken place correct? Ok... so the Trooper yelling at you is a result of your actions and therefor you are solely to blame for the incident. Thank you. Have a nice day.

I'm fairly sure a day after that phone call there would be a similar phone call to Albany and I'd be getting jammed up at Division level... not worth it.

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          No official word, and I'm just thinking out loud here.....

...but I have a hunch that they may wait until after the State Fair to start the next academy. Don't get all excited guys, it's just my hunch. I haven't heard anything at work.
          Come on Sarge, we can handle sending 2 to the Fair and 2 to the Academy plus EVOC, Firearms, SFST, RADAR, and Draeger instructors. As long as all the instructors come from 1st platoon so I can increase the speed at which the Trooper4985 toy fund is added to
          Last edited by Trooper4985; 07-17-2007, 06:37 PM.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
              I quite enjoyed how Outshined explained some of his complaint rebuttals in the thread "Burn Out" http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69919
              Hey GrayState, that is a good one. I missed it, glad you brought it up here.

Some how, I feel like I know this outshined chief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                Right now I have no intentions on correcting reports and getting myself jammed up because I take care of complaints myself instead of a PC.... "What? You were doing 85/55, have a loud exhaust and brake light out, wouldn't give your license and registration to the Trooper when he asked for them and then refused to comply with the Troopers orders to stay in your vehicle while he was writing you 3 tickets and the Trooper yelled at you 3 times to get back into your vehicle or he was going to arrest you. Well, Sir... apparently if you hadn't been speeding and have a couple of equipment violations on your vehicle, my Trooper would have had no reason to have police contact with you and this interaction would have never taken place correct? Ok... so the Trooper yelling at you is a result of your actions and therefor you are solely to blame for the incident. Thank you. Have a nice day.

I'm fairly sure a day after that phone call there would be a similar phone call to Albany and I'd be getting jammed up at Division level... not worth it.
                Trooper4985, your posts always make me smile. You have a way of summing things up.

Maybe in 5 or 10 years you will change your mind about being a Sgt.

Comment

• Yes they did.
                  right about week 9 they replaced all of the carpets.
                  Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                  I wonder if they ever replaced the carpet?

Comment

Trooper4985, your posts always make me smile. You have a way of summing things up.

Maybe in 5 or 10 years you will change your mind about being a Sgt.
                    Funny you should say that. A comparisson between a Z/Sgt's road career and my ambitions were made at the station a couple of weeks ago. The sergeant that I was being compared to happened to walk in just as I said that I had no intention of promotion... He replied... "Neither did I". Maybe someday I will get tired of DWI's and UPM's but for now the job is fun.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

I hope they do not do that to us.

SDT,
                      Does it matter that they have published a date of August 13, 2007 as the first day of the academy? Obviously they can do what they want. Just wondering if they have ever published a specific start date to the academy and then pushed it back a month or so?
                      Last edited by Slopokes21; 07-17-2007, 08:27 PM. Reason: Additional questions?????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by Slopokes21 View Post

I hope they do not do that to us.

SDT,
                        Does it matter that they have published a date of August 13, 2007 as the first day of the academy? Obviously they can do what they want. Just wondering if they have ever published a specific start date to the academy and then pushed it back a month or so?
                        Yes, they probably have. Though frankly, I couldn't identify a specific date where they did that.

4985's post sums up the reasons for it, should it occur. There is a lot going on all at once. It's nothing personal, and it would only delay the start by about 2 or 3 weeks. Again, it's just my hunch, I have no information about this.

Comment

• Thanks for the Info guys. NYS University Police test is coming up in November and I know some of the troopers at the medical were saying if you don't make it into this academy then to sign up for next years but I thought I would mention that there test is coming up. A guy I play hockey with works for them and gave me a pamphlet explaining how to sign up. If anyone would like the website P.M. me. Im hoping for the Troopers to pull through but in college they told us all the time take as many test as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhs9909 View Post
                            Thanks for the Info guys. NYS University Police test is coming up in November and I know some of the troopers at the medical were saying if you don't make it into this academy then to sign up for next years but I thought I would mention that there test is coming up. A guy I play hockey with works for them and gave me a pamphlet explaining how to sign up. If anyone would like the website P.M. me. Im hoping for the Troopers to pull through but in college they told us all the time take as many test as possible.
                            Hey, you never know. Take as many tests as you can. Leave your options open. I'm on 4 lists myself. You might have your heart set on one job, but what if you find you don't like it after starting that job or fail part of the processing. Atleast you will have other options. Most LE job cutoff ages are 35yrs old and 30-32yrs old to apply. Time flies and you don't want to end up with nothing so make the sacrifice now and take as many tests as you can.

And that's one to grow on
                            sigpic
                            IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

This hunch is now going away. Stand by for news.

Comment

• i am new to the forum and haven't really read everything, so forgive me if this has already been asked in a post or two, but it seems as though there are quite a few ppl who have passed everything from the written exam, physical/ med, BI, poly, etc....and are still waiting waiting waiting.

how many ppl usually take the exam when it comes around? Out of those ppl, how many pass everything yet never get hired?? This is my real concern...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5435 users online. 272 members and 5163 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X