Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any updates for those who finished processing and did not make it into the Spring academy? My investigator said we won't have to do the PAT again but that's all I know for right now.

    Comment


    • Hello everyone, for anyone thats been through the process, how long after processing weekend did you hear from a background investigator?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
        Hello everyone, for anyone thats been through the process, how long after processing weekend did you hear from a background investigator?
        Right after the 1 on 1 w the psychiatrist.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by J.kopcza View Post
          Right after the 1 on 1 w the psychiatrist.
          Thank You!

          Comment


          • 90 dollars for finger prints

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
              90 dollars for finger prints

              That's not cheap, that's how much it cost for getting a pistol permit in NYS too. Hey Striker- any idea how long until they start scheduling people for the meeting with the psychiatrist?

              Comment


              • For those of you who are just starting the process, here's a little info. I met with my investigator about 1 month after the processing weekend. I can't remember when I went in for my psych evaluation, but my polygraph was about 1 week after my initial interview with my investigator.. My background was completed two months after the initial meeting with my investigator. You will meet with your investigator more than once. From what I remember from last year, the psych evaluation is sent directly to Albany. The rest is sent along with your background investigation. I'm done processing just waiting on an update for he next phase for those of us who finished processing for Spring and did not make it due to ranking. Good luck everyone!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by UpstateRam View Post
                  That's not cheap, that's how much it cost for getting a pistol permit in NYS too. Hey Striker- any idea how long until they start scheduling people for the meeting with the psychiatrist?
                  They did the scheduling at the processing weekend. Mine is sometime in the first week of June. I am kind of nervous.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CLP3691 View Post
                    For those of you who are just starting the process, here's a little info. I met with my investigator about 1 month after the processing weekend. I can't remember when I went in for my psych evaluation, but my polygraph was about 1 week after my initial interview with my investigator.. My background was completed two months after the initial meeting with my investigator. You will meet with your investigator more than once. From what I remember from last year, the psych evaluation is sent directly to Albany. The rest is sent along with your background investigation. I'm done processing just waiting on an update for he next phase for those of us who finished processing for Spring and did not make it due to ranking. Good luck everyone!
                    Hey, do you have your pm turned on? I want to ask you a question.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by J.kopcza View Post
                      Hey, do you have your pm turned on? I want to ask you a question.
                      Yep, it's on

                      Comment


                      • Just wondering if anyone has any information about another processing taking place in the near future if the rumor is correct about the low number of people showing up for the most recent processing

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by I wanna be a cop View Post
                          Just wondering if anyone has any information about another processing taking place in the near future if the rumor is correct about the low number of people showing up for the most recent processing
                          I would email member hiring unit. Whats your rank?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                            I would email member hiring unit. Whats your rank?
                            107xx thanks think I'll give them a call
                            Last edited by I wanna be a cop; 05-14-2016, 05:26 PM.

                            Comment


                            • take it for what it is 2200 people were invited to the physical 587 showed up and 34x passed. I'm sure less then half will make it past the backgrounds. From what I heard they are having another pst in month or two. best of luck to all candidates waiting.

                              Comment


                              • Thanks for the info!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10479 users online. 384 members and 10095 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X