300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xstioner View Post
    jaguarshark I am trying to reply to your message but I believe your inbox is full.
    Try it now.

Comment

• PT shorts are issued. You bring a money order for them..

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
        Try it now.
        Just sent pm.
        NYSP
        Score: 97.x

Comment

• I made a checklist of everything we should have. Just trying to help! If anyone thinks of anything else feel free to share. Also received an email about orientation dates, check your emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Panthersguy View Post

I made a checklist of everything we should have. Just trying to help! If anyone thinks of anything else feel free to share. Also received an email about orientation dates, check your emails.

I'm bringing a packet of bandaids for rear of heals when performing "activities" in our oxfords!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Panthersguy View Post

I made a checklist of everything we should have. Just trying to help! If anyone thinks of anything else feel free to share. Also received an email about orientation dates, check your emails.

I think we'll need more than 2 dress shirts for the first couple of weeks since that will be what we wear until our uniforms come in.

Comment

• Originally posted by rl0089 View Post
                I think we'll need more than 2 dress shirts for the first couple of weeks since that will be what we wear until our uniforms come in.
                I was thinking the same thing. I'd imagine those dress shirts are going to get pretty sweaty. How many is everyone bringing, is 5 to many?

Also, has anyone picked up a black bag yet and where did you get it from?

Comment

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing. I'd imagine those dress shirts are going to get pretty sweaty. How many is everyone bringing, is 5 to many?

Also, has anyone picked up a black bag yet and where did you get it from?
                  Reading back to the last academy people were bringing 5.

Comment

• Buy decent shoes, but cheap suits and clothes. Nobody cares, and it all goes in the dumpster when you graduate!
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• There have been questions on whether you can bring stuff in x color or with y logos. For many items, you *CAN* bring a variety of colors, shapes, sizes, embroidery, etc. I use the term "CAN" as in they won't forbid you from bringing it into the Academy.

However...

This doesn't mean the ATOs won't jump on you like sharks about it. So regarding your suit, socks, bags, etc ask yourself "does this make me stand out in ANY way?"

One thing that I don't see listed is -- bring a watch. I'd recommend an atomic-timed G-Shock that will last you your entire career, but that's just me. Get a solid non-flashy watch and use it a week to make sure there is no alarm on it. Please don't let it ring in inopportune times.

Another pro-tip: for the men, just shave your head. It'll save a lot of headache. Just go down to literally a few centimeters tops. ATOs won't gig you on your hair, and more importantly, you'll save time and money on the weekends from having to go to the barber and just shave/buzz it down to nothing at home with your family.

Comment

• Just a heads up for non military candidates, if you never dealt with making your bed with hospital corners I would recommend practicing now from YouTube!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Troop L family orientation email received.

Comment

• Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
                            Troop L family orientation email received.
                            Ditto.

Comment

• Hello All. Good luck to those who are about to start a new chapter in their lives! To those who didn't receive an invite. I heard they processed up to 7100 canidates. They reached rank of 5900 for this up coming academy. Heard there may be fall academy, but also heard there may not be one. Only time will tell. If there is a fall academy I guess from 5900-7100 could get an invite. I am rank 65xx. I did attend the final medical. Does that put me in a good spot? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by bills32 View Post
                                Hello All. Good luck to those who are about to start a new chapter in their lives! To those who didn't receive an invite. I heard they processed up to 7100 canidates. They reached rank of 5900 for this up coming academy. Heard there may be fall academy, but also heard there may not be one. Only time will tell. If there is a fall academy I guess from 5900-7100 could get an invite. I am rank 65xx. I did attend the final medical. Does that put me in a good spot? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
                                Your rank will probably be reached for the next class, but you already knew that.
                                Last edited by jaguarshark; 03-09-2016, 08:33 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10098 users online. 484 members and 9614 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X