300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crau1211 View Post
    Hi everyone and congrats to all who are heading into the upcoming academy. Based on my rank, my recruiter has told me that I will 100% be called for the next processing/PAT. I was wondering if anyone has any tips, workout routines, breathing techniques, etc. that they could share with me in regards to the sit up test. My run time and pushups are absolutely fine but I am a little behind on the sit ups and could really use any advice that may help me get that extra push. I am not off by much, but I know the clock is ticking and am willing to try something new that might help. You can PM me if necessary. Thanks very much!
    Test yourself with someone holding down your feet while you perform the sit-ups. And don't plan on that person being able to hold your feet down firmly. You never know who will be holding your feet the day of. Repetition is your best friend. The only thing I would suggest is core strengthening exercises. Good luck.

Comment

• Anyone receive an email or know when emails will go out for the academy orientation?

Comment

Hi everyone and congrats to all who are heading into the upcoming academy. Based on my rank, my recruiter has told me that I will 100% be called for the next processing/PAT. I was wondering if anyone has any tips, workout routines, breathing techniques, etc. that they could share with me in regards to the sit up test. My run time and pushups are absolutely fine but I am a little behind on the sit ups and could really use any advice that may help me get that extra push. I am not off by much, but I know the clock is ticking and am willing to try something new that might help. You can PM me if necessary. Thanks very much!
        Can you provide roughly where your rank is? With so many backfilled from the 7,100 processed I'd assume the next academy is already spoken for. The NYTrooper.com states 7,100 have been processed so I'm assuming the maximum would be 2,000 above that for the next processing, if they even need that many.

Comment

• According to my recruiter as of late December they reached the rank of 7107. My rank is 82xx. I have no idea what is going on with the backfills for the upcoming academy so I cannot comment on that. I am just stating what I know. I am not saying that I am guaranteed for the next academy, I am just saying that I will be called for the next round of processing/PAT.
          Last edited by crau1211; 03-04-2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

According to my recruiter as of late December they reached the rank of 7107. My rank is 82xx. I have no idea what is going on with the backfills for the upcoming academy so I cannot comment on that. I am just stating what I know. I am not saying that I am guaranteed for the next academy, I am just saying that I will be called for the next round of processing/PAT.
            I understand. Yeah you're definitely in a good position. I'm at 132XX with a 95.9 so I'm better off waiting for the 2017 exam....except I'll be hitting the big 3-0 next year and that doesn't give me a whole lot of years left

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
              I seriously laughed out loud at this, sorry man but that's funny. I would have screamed and jumped for joy only to realize it's something totally different. Fingers crossed you get another one man!
              Don't be, it is pretty funny. Lol Nothing yet for me, but I'm not losing hope til' the fat lady sings.

Comment

• I'm rank 65xx and didn't be the invite or backfill call. I did attened the final medical though. Which is fine. I should be in good shape for the next academy. Now, I can train even harder an get even better prepared. I just want to know what will I have to redo? Everything from Processing weekend, phyc exam, poly?

Comment

• Pheeew! Packet came in today's mail! See you ladies and gentlemen in a few weeks!

Comment

• So looking over the list of items to bring, if Anybody can give some insight to these questions would be very appreciated. Is the black knit hat and gloves allowed to have logos on them like I have under armour running gloves and hat that I use when I run outside or should they not have logos on them and with the athletic sock should they be calf height or just above the ankle and what are people getting light grey or dark grey sweats. thank you for any info.
                    Last edited by Trey1205; 03-05-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
                      Pheeew! Packet came in today's mail! See you ladies and gentlemen in a few weeks!
                      Originally posted by Prospect07 View Post
                      See you all on the 27th. Invitation received.

Troop NYC

Congrats & best of luck to all.
                      All right you two. Make it happen. Get it done! That's an order! The two of you better be sitting in chairs like these in 7 months (that goes for the rest of you who were invited too):
                      image.jpeg
                      In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• What rank arÄ™ you guys? Anybody that didn't get invited to September medical and was at this past one receive a invite??

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
                          So looking over the list of items to bring, if Anybody can give some insight to these questions would be very appreciated. Is the black knit hat and gloves allowed to have logos on them like I have under armour running gloves and hat that I use when I run outside or should they not have logos on them and with the athletic sock should they be calf height or just above the ankle and what are people getting light grey or dark grey sweats. thank you for any info.
                          1. It's best to have blank hat and gloves. They may or may not let it slide. You can also black out the symbols with marker but I had blank.

2. Athletic socks is preference, although I saw some guys get crap for knee highs. I wore ankle socks.

3. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I'd describe the sweats as light gray. Same color as the academy shirts. Some people had dark, and got ribbed for it. Some of the literature said bring a hooded sweatshirt, then they tore people apart for having hoods. I bought two sets of Hanes sweat suits light gray and they worked like a charm. Used one for PT, one for sleeping (you will learn more about this later) that way I had a backup just in case I had issues with one set. I hate walmart, but they have everything you need.

Comment

• Thank you very much NYCopper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
                              Thank you very much NYCopper.
                              Any answers I can give without ruining the suprise and the experience I will. Equipment is equipment. And to all of you that got letters....welcome to the suck. Worst @$!#ing 6 months ever. Good luck.

Comment

• Another question, however this one is about the Oxfords. I am curious if there is a preference on what shoe, I have read Bates is a good brand to get however don't know which would be preferred: the 968's or the 22233?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10709 users online. 459 members and 10250 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X