300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dhs9909 View Post
    Same here guys! I heard this tuesday or wednesday we should receive them. When I didn't make it into the January class I didn't get a letter until a week after the academy started stating that I will be up for a future class. As soon as someone hears something be sure to post as I will do the same..goodluck!
    Nothing here either, but that's good information.

Comment

• so I found something out today, when going after NYSP as a career you get yelled at from the very first day, I asked my friend about the last test 2003 which he took and he told me when he went to take the test they were yelling at people lol, sounds a lot like fun :-) Can't Wait.
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
        so I found something out today, when going after NYSP as a career you get yelled at from the very first day, I asked my friend about the last test 2003 which he took and he told me when he went to take the test they were yelling at people lol, sounds a lot like fun :-) Can't Wait.
        Little hint... You do things the NYSP way (i.e. the right way) you don't get yelled at. Academy recruits are under the impression that ATOs start to 'lighten up' about 3/4 the way through the academy... it's not the ATO's going easy on the recruits... it's the recruits figuring out that if they do things the right way... they don't get yelled at.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
            Congratulations to the 194th. The academy from the video looks like I remember it, but I hear you had better computers and there probably wasn't enough of you to cause epidemic amounts of sickness and back up the sewage system every other week
            I wonder if they ever replaced the carpet?
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Same here guys! I heard this tuesday or wednesday we should receive them. When I didn't make it into the January class I didn't get a letter until a week after the academy started stating that I will be up for a future class. As soon as someone hears something be sure to post as I will do the same..goodluck!
              do you happen to know how many carryovers there were from the last class into this one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                do you happen to know how many carryovers there were from the last class into this one?
                I was told 230-250 people. Atleast half will be in the next class and the rest in the winter/spring class of '08.
                sigpic
                IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Since they only hired 74 about 180 were carried over that didn't make it into January class. I personally know of a couple guys who took other law enforcement jobs in the area and that could be true throuhout the state with other guys that were waiting for this coming class but took a definate position somewhere else. Keep your heads up those letters will come soon enough!!!

Comment

Since they only hired 74 about 180 were carried over that didn't make it into January class. I personally know of a couple guys who took other law enforcement jobs in the area and that could be true throuhout the state with other guys that were waiting for this coming class but took a definate position somewhere else. Keep your heads up those letters will come soon enough!!!
                    I don't know what you mean by carried over... The people who were supposed to attend the January class and didn't were put back in order based on their rank number.
                    They are hiring for this class based on your rank number. I met a couple of people at the final medical who had extremely low rank numbers (lower then 1000), but deferred and were unable to process in time for the January class. If their rank number is lower, then they are in line ahead of the guys who did not make it into the January class.

Comment

• Mailman came today. The only thing I got was 20% off at bed bath and beyond coupon. Good Luck to everyone else today

Comment

• Yes even though you are hired based on your rank there are guys were that didn't make it into the January class that are carried over and up for the next. With the addition of new guys for defferal, militray etc. it adds more guys into the mix and pushes guys back in the rank so guys who could have made the academy based on the rank could be put off again till the next with X amount of guys who deffered or militray and now have a higher rank. You still get carried over(up for possible appointment) and are up for the following academy but doesn't gurantee anything because of that X factor. Im not a military guy but know of guys who were at the medical and talked to guys on both sides of the spectrum and why is it guys who took the test the first time around and served in the war can't use their 5 veteran points but guys who served in the war and then took the supplemental exam get to use their veteran points. All the guys faught in the same war but only the guys who took the supplemental get to use their points. Doesn't seem fair considering you could have guys who were not old enough to be a trooper go join the armed forces knowing a supplemental exam will be given serve their time and then get to use points and rank higher then guys who took the original and did their time and for people who took the original and have been waiting years to be called back. Just seems like one side is getting it better than the other and I know our troops go through a lot and deserve equal.

Comment

• I respect your opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Troopster78 View Post
                            Mailman came today. The only thing I got was 20% off at bed bath and beyond coupon. Good Luck to everyone else today
                            That's funny. Atleast you keep your chin up. Good luck.
                            sigpic
                            IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• lol Bed Bath and Beyond is a g/f's heaven

Comment

Im to guys on both sides of the spectrum and why is it guys who took the test the first time around and served in the war can't use their 5 veteran points but guys who served in the war and then took the supplemental exam get to use their veteran points. All the guys faught in the same war but only the guys who took the supplemental get to use their points..
                                Not sure about your information there. Almost 50% of my class were prior military and most were in the current conflict and they all (that I know of) used their 5 points or 10 if they are disabled...

It was suggested to us by a Sgt not to use our points on the main test or even the sgts exam rather hold them for the LTs exam.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12923 users online. 485 members and 12438 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X