300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted By User
    Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-20-2008, 06:06 PM.
    sigpic
    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Forgive me, but are you guys referring to Troop T? I would think that overall it would be a preferred assignment. Boring at times I would imagine, but overall easier/more uneventful (no disrespect intended to those that work Troop T).

If anyone (Troopers) care to compare Troop T to other troops I would be interested in hearing some differences and pros/cons.

Actually, it would be very interesting to hear the differences and pros/cons of EACH troop.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
        Forgive me, but are you guys referring to Troop T? I would think that overall it would be a preferred assignment. Boring at times I would imagine, but overall easier/more uneventful (no disrespect intended to those that work Troop T).

If anyone (Troopers) care to compare Troop T to other troops I would be interested in hearing some differences and pros/cons.

Actually, it would be very interesting to hear the differences and pros/cons of EACH troop.

Thanks!
        If you make it on the job you will understand that my comment has nothing to do with Troop T.

The Tway is great if you like turning left every 20 miles

I know some guys who knock the guys on the Tway because the odds of doing 'real police work' are very slim on the Tway.

I can't say a thing about it though because I HATE complaint work. Roadkills are my forte. Rochester is a highway only station and I have met plenty of guys from Rochester that are top notch cops. AFAIK, Riverhead is the only barracks in L that answers complaints. The highway guys from 10 years ago at my station put up huge drugs/drunks/utt numbers. Just remember kiddies... a scratch is a scratch... doesn't matter if you arrested Harry Ballz at a domestic or his brother Joe Ballz on a traffic stop for CPCS.

Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
        Easy fellas... that was a joke. I know plenty of LEO's that enjoy sipping brew at the local watering holes that wouldn't appreciate a cop that does that. And like mentioned earlier, I like to work for things and would rather hang a guppie on the wall that took me all day to catch than the 26 lb Bass that swam into my arms.

Besides, it's embarassing to change into uniform at the interstate rest area and you'll freeze your *** off in the winter.
        Brew at home... that way you will never be arresting someone that drinks at the same bar you do for DWI... plus homebrew tastes so much better than commercial stuff.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
          The Tway is great if you like turning left every 20 miles
          Sounds Like nascar their making a leftttt and another leftttt and another leffttt yesssssss.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I'm not sure if you guys know or not, but the 194th just released their training video. You can see it on www.nytrooper.com

Comment

• Nice video... I like that they show recruits getting yelled at from day one. I remember a thread from a couple of years ago about how counter productive para-military academies are. We aren't getting any recruits this time around which is fine by me... no getting stuck on the desk all weekend long because a recruit is working 2's.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• yesssss I can't wait to get pepper sparyed on my face.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• OC was the worst day of my life...

I dread having to do it again for another Academy!

Comment

• OC spray isn't too bad. Let's be thankful we don't also get tasered as they do in most LE dept. academies that use them. A friend in FLSP had to get both 2 days in a row. That sux.
                    sigpic
                    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                      OC spray isn't too bad. Let's be thankful we don't also get tasered as they do in most LE dept. academies that use them. A friend in FLSP had to get both 2 days in a row. That sux.
                      This certain family member that is a Trooper in a certain state tasered me, I asked him, how does that feel? and he reply you want to see and he teseared me lol I have to say that thing is really strong took me down right away.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Anyone have any information on the letters for the upcoming academy in August that should be here any day??

The information that they gave us at the medical is that we would hear within 2 weeks and that time has come and gone.

Just getting a little nervous, anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• I'm still waiting too. Mailman didn't come through today

Comment

• I'm still waiting as well. No letter as of today. Hopefully tomorrow!!
                            Good Luck!

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Troopster78 View Post
                              I'm still waiting too. Mailman didn't come through today
                              My mailman came today, but he just bought me bills... Still waiting for the yellow envelope. Good Luck.....

Comment

• Same here guys! I heard this tuesday or wednesday we should receive them. When I didn't make it into the January class I didn't get a letter until a week after the academy started stating that I will be up for a future class. As soon as someone hears something be sure to post as I will do the same..goodluck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9694 users online. 337 members and 9357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X