Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really hoping someone posts tomorrow morning they received an invite. I'm worried about the posts of the building being fixed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Let's hope that doesn't delay the start date.

Comment

• The second someone gets somethings I'm sure they'll post up, I usually am one of the first ones, troop g

Comment

• hope this week or beginning of next week
          Last edited by emlaxstar9; 02-28-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Thanks, will do. Good luck guys.

Comment

• Nothing in the mail today for me. Troop L.

Comment

• Tomorrow or Monday. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Onechance View Post
                  Wondering if any senior guys had some good advice to offer about the first two weeks of the academy and what we should expect?
                  I'd like to think this would be "hell" week, much like the military does. Using the first two weeks to weed out the "weak". Best advice for those that aren't military, get used to being stressed and having to keep yourself calm and collective. Remember, your judgement must stay sharp. Regardless of whether you are on for five minutes or are working a double and don't feel good. Those you are serving and protecting don't care how your day is going or if your wife is ****ed at you. Leave your coat at the door and put on a strong face.

And much like the military, the strongest guy isn't the one who can punch the hardest, it's the one who can take the punches. And by punches I mean abuse. A drill instructor yelling in your face trying to get you riled up is no different than the punks in the streets with a video camera trying to rile you up or the drunk husband who is smacking his kids and wife around. You gotta be able to work under constant pressure while maintaining control. A guy is in your face screaming you can't just punch him, you gotta have the ability to take it and brush it off. That's what makes someone strong!

I always make the argument that psychology degree is 10000 times more useful than a criminal justice degree. Knowing the laws may be good, but understanding how people think and knowing techniques to diffuse situations will make for a great police officer and even better detective and leader. This job is about understanding people and yourself and being able to control yourself in difficult situations and THAT'S what the academy will teach you, much like the military taught some of us.

Comment

• Really appreciate that advice.

Comment

• It's been way too quiet today. Has anybody gotten or heard anything at all?

Comment

• No mail here

Comment

• Not sure if there is any correlation between the two but someone from my area got accepted to the DOC academy and they start the 21st...

Comment

• No correlation between the two. When the NYSP academy got cancelled in October they still had a academy for DOC that month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
                              No correlation between the two. When the NYSP academy got cancelled in October they still had a academy for DOC that month.
                              Which seems to be complete Bull**** considering the NYSP had to use its funds to assist DOC in finding their escaped convicts but yet DOC still had the funds to hire more guards....

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
                                Which seems to be complete Bull**** considering the NYSP had to use its funds to assist DOC in finding their escaped convicts but yet DOC still had the funds to hire more guards....
                                DOC clearly needed more help then the NYSP so they can have more man power so two convicted murders don't escape again at the same time

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7244 users online. 301 members and 6943 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X