Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emlaxstar9
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2014

im in at 9:30 ,same time as i came in during the last medical. Maybe the timings are done alphabetically last name or ranking I'm 4,8xx

Comment

• CLP3691
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2015

This is my first time going for the medical. I'm at 7am and I'm ranked at 6xxx.

Comment

• NYCopper
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2015

Don't take this as gospel, but I know it's not alphabetical as I was at 730 when I processed and I'm in the second half of the alphabet...but I was high ranked. The earlier in the day the better.

Comment

• StanleyVega
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Onechance
          I was in the last one as well, I think my time was 830 if I remember correctly but I'm not positive. I'm at 0930 this time around and i'm rank 54XX. Anyone hear anymore rumors or maybe the senior guys have on a possible academy date?

I currently work at Building 22 (NYSP Academy) as a contractor doing construction. We've been told that the building will remain unoccupied until April when the job is expected to be finished. This excludes any change orders caused by bad weather or other issues. We've been fortunate to be able to work on the roof through this mild winter but again, the state always likes to halt projects for inspections and other issues so April tentatively would be my assumption, no time sooner.

Comment

• Onechance
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by StanleyVega
            I currently work at Building 22 (NYSP Academy) as a contractor doing construction. We've been told that the building will remain unoccupied until April when the job is expected to be finished. This excludes any change orders caused by bad weather or other issues. We've been fortunate to be able to work on the roof through this mild winter but again, the state always likes to halt projects for inspections and other issues so April tentatively would be my assumption, no time sooner.
            Isn't the medical only good for 30 days?

Comment

• StanleyVega
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Onechance
              Isn't the medical only good for 30 days?
              I'm not sure, I only know that I'll bee working there for another 2 months and that the building will be unoccupied. Maybe they'll hold a small class, I'm not sure.

Please note that this isn't the first time that the State Police and OGS is on different pages. Happens all the time. I could write a book on the shenanigans and wasted money that goes on.

Comment

• NYCopper
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2015

I am still hearing a March start date. And the academy was under construction while I was there...with hundreds of recruits stomping through the construction area...not to get anyone's hopes up.

Comment

• Raiden567
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2015

Pretty credible source that it's the 13/14 of March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• CHI2NY
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2015

Good luck to those of you headed to medical tomorrow. Unfortunately due to life's twists and turns I have had to withdraw from medical and the entire process for my family's sake. I am currently ranked 704 so I hope this gives someone a chance at this great once in a lifetime opportunity who would not have been ranked to go otherwise. I appreciate the tips and motivation from this group.

Semper Fi

Comment

• CLP3691
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2015

Thank you. All the best to you and your family.

Comment

• Onechance
                        Forum Member
                        • Sep 2015

Informed date is still on a go for the 14th but may get pushed back a week by a trooper at the medical

Comment

• Panthersguy
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2016

That's great news. Best of luck to everyone! Hopefully it's a large Academy so we all get in! If I'm 59xx do I have a shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• emlaxstar9
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2014

good luck to all of us! Fingers crossed going to be a long 2 weeks waiting for a letter!

Comment

• CLP3691
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2015

Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Trey1205
                                Forum Member
                                • Aug 2015

Good luck to everyone, if what is being said right now about the academy start date (March 13th or the 20th) is true we could possibly see letters maybe end of next week or early the week after because those dates are only 3-4 weeks away. But I will my keep fingers crossed and hope everything plays out correctly. And to panthersguy I defiantly believe you have a shot as long as everything checks out with you medically and your background clears because if it's anything like the last medical, applicants backgrounds were still getting processed at the time of It, so it could be possible for someone to be DQ'ed still.
                                Last edited by Trey1205; 02-20-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11901 users online. 65 members and 11836 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...