300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
    I've heard that they conduct periodic spelling tests. Not sure if that entails the definitions of the words too. A while back I tried doing a column a night to make sure I was familiar with everything. I guess it's time to start studying them closely again.
    Really? Spelling tests? Do yourself a favor and don't worry about those vocabulary words. Start running and doing burpees everyday. When your done doing burpees, do more burpees. Do burpees in sets of 100. There are no spelling tests..
    Last edited by NYCopper; 02-02-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Letter received. See everyone then. Keep training hard everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone think 12,000 will ever get reached for this exam. Also, got called for nassau county. Just trying to see if it would interfere.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali-fornia View Post
          Anyone think 12,000 will ever get reached for this exam. Also, got calledsintered for nassau county. Just trying to see if it would interfere.
          What were you call for with Nassau? PAT? I have been processing with both Nassau and NYSP for the past year and a half and neither have interfered. I'm up to the medical portion for both and they are scheduling academies within a few months of each other but I haven't had any problems.

I also think you have good odds of being called considering we're about 2.5 years past the test administered date and I've heard as high as 9,000 being contacted in some form.
          Last edited by rl0089; 02-03-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Its for the nassau county pd. And ok cool thats good to know. And wow i didnt realize they were already up to 9000 thats awesome!

Comment

• I was wondering if one of the troopers on the forum could answer a question I have about placement. When is your troop and zone assignment given during the academy? Do they give you a good amount of time to prepare for the assignment or is it relatively close to the end? My wife and I were talking about moving if and when the time comes and the question came up. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by rl0089 View Post
                I was wondering if one of the troopers on the forum could answer a question I have about placement. When is your troop and zone assignment given during the academy? Do they give you a good amount of time to prepare for the assignment or is it relatively close to the end? My wife and I were talking about moving if and when the time comes and the question came up. Thanks.
                I found out less than a week (I think 2 days) before I graduated where I was going. We had a week between graduating and showing up at our first assignment, though some have had less and some have had more. As always don't plan on going to A, NYC, or L. And probably not E or G. It's C, D, or B most probably, though this is always changing. I know everyone from my class was worried about lodging, etc. But if you make it, the troopers at your station will make sure your taken care of. Many of the barracks have bunks. Most have people looking to rent rooms or properties. Focus on making it and everything will fall into place.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post
                  I found out less than a week (I think 2 days) before I graduated where I was going. We had a week between graduating and showing up at our first assignment, though some have had less and some have had more. As always don't plan on going to A, NYC, or L. And probably not E or G. It's C, D, or B most probably, though this is always changing. I know everyone from my class was worried about lodging, etc. But if you make it, the troopers at your station will make sure your taken care of. Many of the barracks have bunks. Most have people looking to rent rooms or properties. Focus on making it and everything will fall into place.
                  I really appreciate the info. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post
                    How about K or F?

Comment

• Does anybody know,If we make it through the medical and get selected for the academy, is there an orientation or any other things that take place between the medical and first day to report?

Comment

• Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
                        How about K or F?
                        It used to be, K, F and B were basically where you went after the academy. But after the hiring freeze, that all changed. K and F haven't seen many recruits compared to years past. We had a handful the last class, and this round of transfers we are seeing guys with 1-2 years on make it back.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
                          Does anybody know,If we make it through the medical and get selected for the academy, is there an orientation or any other things that take place between the medical and first day to report?
                          Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by rl0089 View Post
                            What were you call for with Nassau? PAT? I have been processing with both Nassau and NYSP for the past year and a half and neither have interfered. I'm up to the medical portion for both and they are scheduling academies within a few months of each other but I haven't had any problems.

I also think you have good odds of being called considering we're about 2.5 years past the test administered date and I've heard as high as 9,000 being contacted in some form.

One of the previous posts from the NEW YORK STATE POLICE EXAM in the NY STATE section on the honme page stated an exam placement of 10,XXX being called, but I'm not sure the vailidity. I've got a friend with a 9,8XX who hasn't any notification so I am calling that into question.

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
                              One of the previous posts from the NEW YORK STATE POLICE EXAM in the NY STATE section on the honme page stated an exam placement of 10,XXX being called, but I'm not sure the vailidity. I've got a friend with a 9,8XX who hasn't any notification so I am calling that into question.
                              I received an email from the recruiter stating that they are restarting the processing and that the tentative timeline is this spring. When they pass the budget that is. I believed 7-11k were informed and only the first 2k will be invited for spring.
                              Last edited by Striker Eureka; 02-09-2016, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• I am at 107xx and received a notice that processing would most likely occur in the Spring.I was hoping they would reach my number but probably won't this time if they are only looking at 2000.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9311 users online. 523 members and 8788 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X