Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investigator said it was possible that they'd be doing a bigger class so they called more candidates & some people may have moved on to something else and so they were able to invite people who weren't invited initially.. Not 100% sure though.

Comment

• In sept at the medical we heard 280 candidates were there, so if they're inviting new candidates it's either a real big class or a lot of people dropped off.

39**
      Troop A no letter yet

Comment

• Letter came today in NYC. 51XX see you guys on the 20th.

Comment

• I've seen atleast two press releases (related to the 2016 budget) for a 210 person class, so I think somewhere near that is a safe bet. A fair amount of people will not pass the physical or be offered a job and not accept so they typically over process. The last class had 246 spots I believe and over 30 people didnt show up the first day.

Comment

• Hey guys I assume many of you have graduated from the academy here and just give advice for us noobies. From your perspective how was the academy, I'm attending the medical on feb 20 and getting pretty excited. Just want some insight on how difficult it really was like what are some thing you do on a daily basis?

Comment

• Received med letter yesterday. Feb 20th.
              6xxx Troop NYC
              NYSP
              Score: 97.x

Comment

• Originally posted by J.kopcza View Post
                Hey guys I assume many of you have graduated from the academy here and just give advice for us noobies. From your perspective how was the academy, I'm attending the medical on feb 20 and getting pretty excited. Just want some insight on how difficult it really was like what are some thing you do on a daily basis?
                It's not a fun 6 months. You will be challenged physically and probably even more mentally.

I don't know many people who don't think it was the worst 6 months of their lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.kopcza View Post
                  Just want some insight on how difficult it really was like what are some thing you do on a daily basis?
                  You're gonna love it. Friendly people, great food, a ton of exercise. It's basically a 6 month staycation. And if that wasn't good enough, if you graduate you get to spend another 10 weeks with your FTO who is basically going to become your new BFF.
                  Last edited by reils49; 02-01-2016, 08:52 AM.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Any prior military that made it through the academy on here? If so how does the academy stand up against basic? I know basic was not as hard as I expected/ wanted just trying to get a feel on mentally preparing..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Any word on academy date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Still no invite for me in Troop A. Hopefully it's on it's way!

I've heard nothing but rumors for academy start date. One was Easter Sunday one was the Sunday prior to that, one was in April, etc. I think for now I'm not going to even worry about a start date until I have my offer to attend the academy if I make it to that point.

Comment

• In the med invite it says "anticipated March academy", let's hope you get that med invite soon Crosby

Comment

• The medical letter says March. No dates yet that I know of. Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have heard, they usually start about a month after the date of the medical.

Comment

• Sounds like that has been the pattern in the past few classes. They have received their offer 10-15 days after the medical, which gave them 2-3 weeks before academy start date, not sure if they are all like this

Comment

• Just to repeat what I heard from that source, late March, the third week was mentioned. Pretty solid source too. And of course the letter says March as well. Good luck to all!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11253 users online. 454 members and 10799 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X