Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Chasechase View Post
    Would someone be able to explain the academics in the academy. How many exams are given and are they every week? What exam must you score 100% on? Thanks!
    I'm no expert since I have yet to go to academy, but I would imagine the use of force exam is one which requires a 100%.

    I'm curious if anyone has more detailed answer to your question.

    Comment


    • I did not go through the medical first time around but I'm pretty sure everyone is going to have to do the medical over again if they did it. My bro is in the state parks police academy now and he has notes for days. Not everything is 100%.

      Comment


      • Also trey what is your list number

        Comment


        • Isn't the medical good for a year? Why spend all that money on another medical weekend unless its for new candidates?

          Comment


          • I am 58xx, went through the medical in September. And I am not to sure how long the medical is good for that would be great if it was good for a year.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rl0089 View Post
              Isn't the medical good for a year? Why spend all that money on another medical weekend unless its for new candidates?

              The medical is good for a month or two. The government spends money in very quizzical ways, the NYSP is no different.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Chasechase View Post
                Would someone be able to explain the academics in the academy. How many exams are given and are they every week? What exam must you score 100% on? Thanks!
                If I remember correctly, there are 5 big module exams which require 75% or higher to pass and remain employed. You fail you get a makeup exam and after that you look for another employer. The Search & Seizure exam requires 85% I think.

                The big exams are every few weeks, pretty much evenly spaced throughout the 6 months. There are smaller scale exams depending what weekly concentration you're taking (ex: EMS, Radar, breathalyzer, etc)

                tip: a lot of people completely unfamiliar with a paramilitary organization are confused over rank structure. Know the order of ranks and their insignia.

                Above all, know that everything in the Academy is doable. Mind over matter, put the effort in and you'll pass.

                Comment


                • Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.


                  Troop NYC

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
                    The medical is good for a month or two. The government spends money in very quizzical ways, the NYSP is no different.
                    Quizzical. I like it.
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
                      If I remember correctly, there are 5 big module exams which require 75% or higher to pass and remain employed. You fail you get a makeup exam and after that you look for another employer. The Search & Seizure exam requires 85% I think.

                      The big exams are every few weeks, pretty much evenly spaced throughout the 6 months. There are smaller scale exams depending what weekly concentration you're taking (ex: EMS, Radar, breathalyzer, etc)

                      tip: a lot of people completely unfamiliar with a paramilitary organization are confused over rank structure. Know the order of ranks and their insignia.

                      Above all, know that everything in the Academy is doable. Mind over matter, put the effort in and you'll pass.

                      Thank you!

                      Comment


                      • Hey if you don't mind me asking what does the medical consist of? I assume vision test, drug test, hearing test, what else? Do you have to do the sit-up push-ups run allover?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by J.kopcza View Post
                          Hey if you don't mind me asking what does the medical consist of? I assume vision test, drug test, hearing test, what else? Do you have to do the sit-up push-ups run allover?
                          At one point they did a medical exam and had recruits redo the pt test. Last medical (and a couple prior) was just a typical sports physical, no pt test.

                          Comment


                          • If I remember correctly The vision, hearing, and drug test were done on the processing weekend when I attended in May. At the medical in September you did your physical with Doctor and your uniform fitting. There might have been a couple of other things also.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
                              If I remember correctly The vision, hearing, and drug test were done on the processing weekend when I attended in May. At the medical in September you did your physical with Doctor and your uniform fitting. There might have been a couple of other things also.
                              Exactly.

                              Comment


                              • Take this lightly but I heard second Sunday in March start date13/14

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7113 users online. 344 members and 6769 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X