300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
    SDT question for you how do your CVPI hold up in the snow upstate???
    Plowed right through 14 feet of snow with no trouble.

Actually, the CV does rather well in the snow. We put snow tires on all four corners, and if you drive at a reasonable speed, it does just fine.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Anyone know what Troopers make on average with OT by troops C, D, & E ??
      sigpic
      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• 80-90k

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          Plowed right through 14 feet of snow with no trouble.

Actually, the CV does rather well in the snow. We put snow tires on all four corners, and if you drive at a reasonable speed, it does just fine.

Jezzz, you must be up in my neck of the woods. I snowblowed 6 feet of snow out of my driveway one morning in Feb. this past winter...yes from one night of snow. We had already had 2 feet the day before. That's one thing you downstaters have no idea about....a foot of snow doesn't even warrent a snowday around here. If you don't have 4wd or Awd then some days you don't go anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
            That's one thing you downstaters have no idea about....a foot of snow doesn't even warrent a snowday around here. If you don't have 4wd or Awd then some days you don't go anywhere.
            I knowww, the most we had this past winter was like 3-4feet around there I don't even think that much. I like the snow.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
              Anyone know what Troopers make on average with OT by troops C, D, & E ??
              I know a certain E Trooper with only 4 years on last year who made 6 figures last year with ~630 hours of OT last year. He is known at the Zone OT Whore. I know a station in Troop E that if you stop a lot of cars (are proactive with DWI's/Drugs/UTT's) you can have 600 hours of OT every year. 600 hours of OT is about $30k depending on where you are in your career.

Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
              permanent troop assignments are based on class ranking. Class ranking is based on the score of the inital exam. If person number 1 and person number 100 on the inital list went to the same academy class together person with the rank number 1 is senior to person number 100 because he was called first. The academy has nothing to do with permanent troop placement or your class ranking.
              Your first assignment out of the academy is based on academy performance (troop at least) after that, it's all about how you did on the initial test. My Troop choices were C,F,D out of the academy. I got F (because I hate to run... played soccer and lacrosse when I was a kid... go figure) and beat guys back to E who intially got C because I was ranked in the top 30 in my class on the CS list.
              Last edited by Trooper4985; 07-13-2007, 12:47 PM.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                Your first assignment out of the academy is based on academy performance (troop at least) after that, it's all about how you did on the initial test. My Troop choices were C,F,D out of the academy. I got F (because I hate to run... played soccer and lacrosse when I was a kid... go figure) and beat guys back to E who intially got C because I was ranked in the top 30 in my class on the CS list.
                -What consists of your class ranking/academy performance?
                -I am guessing some combination of acedamic scoring on tests, physical
                agility testing (upon graduation?), and firearms proficiency.
                -If there is a combination of factors on your ranking which (if any)
                holds a higher weighting compared to the other?

-After the initial "deployment" of troopers into the field after fto seniority is based on the your ranking from the exam, compared with all of your classmates from the same academy class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slopokes21 View Post

-After the initial "deployment" of troopers into the field after fto seniority is based on the your ranking from the exam, compared with all of your classmates from the same academy class?
                  I worked at the Academy in the previous decade, and was a recruit there in the previous century (and millenium, come to think of it).

Things may have changed since I was there. But your class ranking was based on your academic scores only.

Your seniority, for future transfers, however, is determined by your place on the CS list, and doesn't change. (Actually, it can change, but that's an answer to another question).

Comment

I know a certain E Trooper with only 4 years on last year who made 6 figures last year .
                    Methinks you are that OT Whore Am I a candidate for BCI or what?!?!

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    But your class ranking was based on your academic scores only.

This hasn't changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                      Methinks you are that OT Whore Am I a candidate for BCI or what?!?!
                      Someone has to make the money... I can't think of any reason it shouldn't be me.

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      Your seniority, for future transfers, however, is determined by your place on the CS list, and doesn't change. (Actually, it can change, but that's an answer to another question).
                      Yes... there are many ways seniority can change once the list is established

Originally posted by Slopokes21 View Post

In the academy everything is important. Your PT scores, your academic scores, I don't remember if Firearms is counted or not for FTO and first Troop assignment. Biggest thing is don't fail any tests... doesn't matter if you get 100 on the retest... you're going to Troop B if you fail a test... not saying there is anything bad about B... I actually plan to retire out of there but failure means you are at the bottom of the list in the class.
                      Last edited by Trooper4985; 07-13-2007, 05:39 PM.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Thanks for all the information guys. Hopefully that letter comes soon, as in tomorrow.

Comment

I know a certain E Trooper with only 4 years on last year who made 6 figures last year with ~630 hours of OT last year. He is known at the Zone OT Whore. I know a station in Troop E that if you stop a lot of cars (are proactive with DWI's/Drugs/UTT's) you can have 600 hours of OT every year. 600 hours of OT is about $30k depending on where you are in your career.
                          Thanx for the info. I'll just have to sit outside of bars by my post and wait for people to leave
                          sigpic
                          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Trooper4985;921858]I know a certain E Trooper with only 4 years on last year who made 6 figures last year with ~630 hours of OT last year. He is known at the Zone OT Whore. I know a station in Troop E that if you stop a lot of cars (are proactive with DWI's/Drugs/UTT's) you can have 600 hours of OT every year. 600 hours of OT is about $30k depending on where you are in your career.

Aah I’m right there with you, I’ve been known to put in a couple of extra hours every now and then at my current job. After I get out of work Saturday afternoon, I’ll have logged roughly 70hrs ot in the last two weeks. My girlfriend hasn’t been too happy about it but she sure seems to enjoy helping me spend it. I just changed job functions and am now installing the new FIOS fiber-optic services to homes. I’m sure everyone has seen the commercials where the Verizon guy opens his van and the rays of light come out. Must be the battery in my truck is low cause I can’t seem to get my truck to do that.

There are a few new faces on here since I last logged on and A LOT on new information to read through. Is anyone else attending further processing the 21st and 22nd of this month?

Comment

Thanx for the info. I'll just have to sit outside of bars by my post and wait for people to leave

I hope that winky thing indicates that you were kidding.
                              It's bad form and bad police work.

Comment

Sarge said it best... I really hope you don't sitting on bars is how you make DWI arrests. No better way to find your locker at the rest stop on the interstate. Although there is nothing illegal about it... it is poor form to say the least. You might see other officers do it but you wont see a Blue and Gold doing it.

"Roadkills", as we call them, are a function of a couple of things. You must fish the pond that has fish in it and you are going to have to catch many many fish before you find that prize catch. Maybe you get that lunker on the first cast but more than likely you will fish for days and days in the same pond before catching something you would be proud to put on your wall.

I'm not going to discuss specific patrol tactics on an open forum with an unsworn member. If you make it through the academy and FTO and have questions about ways to do things on the road (not that I'm one to follow as I'm not an FTO... nor do I want to be) I will be more than happy to answer questions.
                                Last edited by Trooper4985; 07-14-2007, 08:24 PM.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14128 users online. 469 members and 13659 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X