300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rl0089 View Post
    Did you attend the medical in September?
    No, my rank hadn't been reached yet.

NYSP
    Troop NYC

Comment

• Got my letter last week still waiting on my BI to contact me. Tried to reach out to him but nothing yet.

Rank 10xx
      Troop K

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• The background packets are due up in albany by 1/15 as stated above. My investigator mentioned a February academy- early March. No word on how big the academy will be. Good luck guys and happy holidays

Comment

• Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
          The background packets are due up in albany by 1/15 as stated above. My investigator mentioned a February academy- early March. No word on how big the academy will be. Good luck guys and happy holidays

Met with my BI today went quick, 10 minutes. Advised they need 150 troopers badly. Advised they are looking at a March academy my packet is due 1/6. Happy holidays

Comment

• Also met with my BI a couple of days ago. He did not state the actual size of the class, but he said it could be a decent size one. I hope everyone has a good holiday and there is a possibility this time next year some of us could be working on days like tomorrow. Also if everything stays on course we could possibly in know in a month or so if we are accepted into the academy.

Comment

• Thanks for all the info guys! Happy Holidays to everyone & good luck.

NYSP
              Troop NYC

Comment

• Happy holidays to everyone and your families! Enjoy the time with them while you still can. Stay safe and smart, we are almost there!

Comment

• Happy Holidays to everyone and their families as well! Keep your heads held high, we are getting closer everyday. Keep up with your training. Looking forward to starting off the New Year!
                  NYSP
                  Score: 97.x

Comment

• Hello friends. Can anyone give me a little insight into what the background investigation and psych evaluation consist of. I know the background is very extensive but I was curious about more detailed info such as if NYSP personnel come for home visits and speak to neighbors or others. (I know other agencies do this) Any info anyone could provide would be great. Thanks very much!

Comment

• Originally posted by crau1211 View Post
                      I know the background is very extensive but I was curious about more detailed info such as if NYSP personnel come for home visits and speak to neighbors or others.
                      Yes.
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by crau1211 View Post
                        Hello friends. Can anyone give me a little insight into what the background investigation and psych evaluation consist of. I know the background is very extensive but I was curious about more detailed info such as if NYSP personnel come for home visits and speak to neighbors or others. (I know other agencies do this) Any info anyone could provide would be great. Thanks very much!
                        They do home visits, talk your neighbors, call your current employer and some coworkers. They also call other references that have known you for a while.. (Family friends, significant other...etc) and your parents. My investigator also spoke to coworkers from my previous jobs and a few of my professors from College. They check your credit history and your driving history too.

NYSP
                        Troop NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by CLP3691 View Post
                          They do home visits, talk your neighbors, call your current employer and some coworkers. They also call other references that have known you for a while.. (Family friends, significant other...etc) and your parents. My investigator also spoke to coworkers from my previous jobs and a few of my professors from College. They check your credit history and your driving history too.

NYSP
                          Troop NYC
                          I had a good friend of mine who was disqualified due to bankruptcy from a divorce (so he says). He said the BI told him "Bankruptcy shows bad judgement and lack of responsibility" obviously everyone's situation is different and subjective but credit plays a major role, as it should.

Comment

• How's the updated background go? We have to redo the poly and medical once again?

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
                              I had a good friend of mine who was disqualified due to bankruptcy from a divorce (so he says). He said the BI told him "Bankruptcy shows bad judgement and lack of responsibility" obviously everyone's situation is different and subjective but credit plays a major role, as it should.
                              I completely agree. It's a representation of how you handle your finances and shows whether or not your mature and responsible enough for a job like this one.

NYSP
                              Troop NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
                                How's the updated background go? We have to redo the poly and medical once again?

Background was quick. My BI finished mine already took about two weeks. No poly again. If your going to be in the next class after the current one processing. I would say you will be taking another polygraph.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9616 users online. 460 members and 9156 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X