Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
    Recieved my letter yesterday. Troop L . Happy holiday fellas. Atleast they have not forgot about us recruits lol

    Spoke with my investigator today. He advised they are looking at a March class with about 150 recruits. Background update doesn't seem bad just update address, employment, marital status. Said a polygraph is not likely. Rank 21xx

    Comment


    • Met with my Investigator today and everything went well. My Investigator stated that he heard March for a possible start date. Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to the next couple of months. Happy Holidays everyone.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by afang5439 View Post
        Spoke with my investigator today. He advised they are looking at a March class with about 150 recruits. Background update doesn't seem bad just update address, employment, marital status. Said a polygraph is not likely. Rank 21xx
        Great news!

        Did you defer at all? It seems that most are in that 5k - 6k rank and you're in the low 2ks....just curious if you got passed up or deferred. Good luck!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
          Great news!

          Did you defer at all? It seems that most are in that 5k - 6k rank and you're in the low 2ks....just curious if you got passed up or deferred. Good luck!

          I was out of the country. Took the test in January of 2015 scored well. Started processing in March and have been waiting.

          Comment


          • spoke with my investigator today over the phone. Meeting him tomorrow for the background update. Good luck everyone!

            Comment


            • I spoke with my original BI for the update yesterday, didn't take very long as there were no changes on my end. He said that they are looking at a March Academy with an expectation of around 270 for a class size.

              Comment


              • 270 that seems perfect. Will def clear most of the people that have already gone thru investigations. Spoke with mine hopefully get my updated done tomorrow. Or right after Christmas. Troop L, 60xx

                Comment


                • Sounds like things are moving along. Stay out of trouble, and get your running shoes on!!! Good luck.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

                  Comment


                  • I have a question.. Hopefully someone can provide me with a good answer. I didn't have any social media accounts during my initial investigation and now I have one. My investigator has not mentioned this as part of my update. Is this something I should let him know? Or should I wait and see if he even asks me? I would rather be honest as I have nothing to hide but I'm not sure if it's necessary..


                    NYSP
                    Troop NYC
                    Rank: 6xxx

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CLP3691 View Post
                      I have a question.. Hopefully someone can provide me with a good answer. I didn't have any social media accounts during my initial investigation and now I have one. My investigator has not mentioned this as part of my update. Is this something I should let him know? Or should I wait and see if he even asks me? I would rather be honest as I have nothing to hide but I'm not sure if it's necessary..


                      NYSP
                      Troop NYC
                      Rank: 6xxx
                      If he asks for specific information, give it to him. If he asks for any and all updates in addition to the specific information, give it to him. In most cases I would just give it to him because you do not want to look like you have something to hide.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rl0089 View Post
                        If he asks for specific information, give it to him. If he asks for any and all updates in addition to the specific information, give it to him. In most cases I would just give it to him because you do not want to look like you have something to hide.
                        Would it look bad if we deleted our Facebook? I'm assuming just keep everything private?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
                          Would it look bad if we deleted our Facebook? I'm assuming just keep everything private?
                          Just so it's out there I'm going by what I would do, not what anyone told me. I wouldn't delete it at this point during the BI, but if I was entering the academy I would. Just another distraction not needed during that time.

                          Comment


                          • Glad to see some life on this thread again. Received the letter in NYC, no call from BI yet. I would expect to hear sometime after the holidays.

                            Comment


                            • Thanks for the help. I met with my BI today.. It was a quick meeting. The deadline for the update is 1/15.. So we might get a medical letter some time in February or March depending on when the academy is set to start.


                              NYSP
                              Troop NYC
                              Rank: 6xxx

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CLP3691 View Post
                                Thanks for the help. I met with my BI today.. It was a quick meeting. The deadline for the update is 1/15.. So we might get a medical letter some time in February or March depending on when the academy is set to start.


                                NYSP
                                Troop NYC
                                Rank: 6xxx
                                Did you attend the medical in September?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5072 users online. 241 members and 4831 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X