Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
    Did you get the email today?
    I got it the second week of November. I signed up for the 17th at LaGuardia.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanRamzz View Post
      I got it the second week of November. I signed up for the 17th at LaGuardia.
      Ah I see! I didn't know if it was something new!

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
        Nice profile picture....are you able to wear a Stetson under that swollen head of yours?
        New Avatar! So what do you think? I have been looking non-stop I sure do hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Tm1veIXfg
        Last edited by Empiregrey; 12-05-2015, 10:36 PM.
        In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
          New Avatar! So what do you think? I have been looking non-stop I sure do hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Tm1veIXfg
          Hahaha! Well played!!

From one Irishman to another, I have the ultimate question......Jameson or Bushmills??

Comment

Hahaha! Well played!!

From one Irishman to another, I have the ultimate question......Jameson or Bushmills??
            When I tell people I'm Irish and I don't drink they tend to believe I'm either lying or adopted.

I tell them I'm testing the theory: If it wasn't for the drink the Irish would rule the world.

It's my island!

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
              When I tell people I'm Irish and I don't drink they tend to believe I'm either lying or adopted.

I tell them I'm testing the theory: If it wasn't for the drink the Irish would rule the world.

It's my island!
              I'd have to say the only thing that I inherited from my Irish ancestors is bad sun burn!

Comment

I'd have to say the only thing that I inherited from my Irish ancestors is bad sun burn!
                I've been told sun burn is God's way of telling the Irish to get back inside the pub.

Comment

• First week of January legislation comes back for NY and NYSP 2016 budget is on the board first or second I believe for the first day. Good sign we would hear something mid/late January I would assume.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt8538 View Post
                    First week of January legislation comes back for NY and NYSP 2016 budget is on the board first or second I believe for the first day. Good sign we would hear something mid/late January I would assume.
                    Here's an excerpt I found from the NYS Budget Plan for FY2016:

"The Enacted Budget Financial Plan for Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 (the 'Enacted Budget Financial Plan' or 'Current Financial Plan') summarizes the State of New York’s official Financial Plan projections for FY 2016 through FY 2019. The State’s FY 2016 began on April 1, 2015 and ends on March 31, 2016."

and...

"The annual budget process begins with the Governor’s submission of the Executive Budget to the Legislature each January, in preparation for the start of the upcoming fiscal year on April 1."

To me, I would say either NYSP has plans under its current budget to either include an academy by that time (March 31st) or they don't. However, I would think that would begin a whole new cycle of retesting candidates for the PAT if it expires after a year. If the 2015 FY budget is already exhausted, and the next budget begins on April 1st, we could be waiting for a late spring academy. Of course, only speculation.

Here's the Budget Plan: https://www.budget.ny.gov/budgetFP/FY16FinPlan.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt8538 View Post
                      First week of January legislation comes back for NY and NYSP 2016 budget is on the board first or second I believe for the first day. Good sign we would hear something mid/late January I would assume.

The only issue being NY approves the budget on time.......which almost never happens

Comment

• Hi guys anyone know when does the list expire?? Also for the people who did everything besides the medical, do we have to redo everything? I took my physical in May so is that when another one is going to be scheduled or it wont happen unless another academy is lined up??

Comment

• I recently received an email inviting me to attend an optional processing orientation seminar. I currently live in Florida so I would have to fly to NY and rent a car in order to attend. Would it be worth it? Will whether or not I attended be taken into account sometime down the line during processing, even though this orientation is considered optional?

My list number is 91XX and I have not been contacted to begin processing yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by AR1692 View Post
                            I recently received an email inviting me to attend an optional processing orientation seminar. I currently live in Florida so I would have to fly to NY and rent a car in order to attend. Would it be worth it? Will whether or not I attended be taken into account sometime down the line during processing, even though this orientation is considered optional?

My list number is 91XX and I have not been contacted to begin processing yet.
                            Don't worry about it. You will probably be called for processing in the coming months regardless.

Comment

• List is 7xxx, haven't been contacted for processing. I did receive an email about an information seminar, requested a date but no reply. Anyone know if they are going through a hiring freeze?
                              NYPD: Got the email on 12/23/2015 at 7:11 PM

NYS trooper exam: 2013
                              NYS trooper score: 96.70%
                              List: 7xxx

Comment

• Originally posted by OrhanTR View Post
                                List is 7xxx, haven't been contacted for processing. I did receive an email about an information seminar, requested a date but no reply. Anyone know if they are going through a hiring freeze?
                                I don't know why you didn't receive a reply and you may try to contact recruitment, but yes there is a hiring freeze. The October academy was cancelled a few weeks before it was slated to begin with no word on when the academy would start again. However, the information seminar notification may be a good sign as that is the step before processing begins. Therefore, you have not been contacted for processing because the information seminar takes place first and there is no word on the next processing weekend and academy yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9141 users online. 463 members and 8678 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X