Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEC seminar

Hi Everyone!

I have a question for those which were processing a few months back and received the letter for the October class but then was cancelled.... did anyone receive an email last week about a Seminar for Dec 15-17th????
    I've tried to contact someone in the recruiting office since it was sent from them and no one has answered me yet.
    I was just wondering if this is the same as the orientation briefing we had before we did the fitness test and bi.

thanks in advance!!

Comment

• It sounds like the email was for the next processing group, not the current group of candidates waiting to enter the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DM0904 View Post
        Hi Everyone!

I have a question for those which were processing a few months back and received the letter for the October class but then was cancelled.... did anyone receive an email last week about a Seminar for Dec 15-17th????
        I've tried to contact someone in the recruiting office since it was sent from them and no one has answered me yet.
        I was just wondering if this is the same as the orientation briefing we had before we did the fitness test and bi.

thanks in advance!!
        Did you do your medical?

Comment

• If you got invited I would go regardless of whether or not you've been before. Most of it will inevitably be the same but a few things you should keep in mind.

Someone may ask a new question that you haven't thought off. The answer to that question right there could be worth the effort.

Meeting people that may be in your class. The more people you at least recognize on day one the better. Not only can I still name all the people from my troop that I went to the academy with I still know all the ones that were at one of the pre academy presentations. We all stayed afterward and once the recruiter left we talked for 15-20 minutes. It made the whole thing worth it.

If you want this job bad enough and it won't cut into your current work schedule why would you not make the effort to go?
          In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
            If you got invited I would go regardless of whether or not you've been before. Most of it will inevitably be the same but a few things you should keep in mind.

Someone may ask a new question that you haven't thought off. The answer to that question right there could be worth the effort.

Meeting people that may be in your class. The more people you at least recognize on day one the better. Not only can I still name all the people from my troop that I went to the academy with I still know all the ones that were at one of the pre academy presentations. We all stayed afterward and once the recruiter left we talked for 15-20 minutes. It made the whole thing worth it.

If you want this job bad enough and it won't cut into your current work schedule why would you not make the effort to go?
            Nice profile picture....are you able to wear a Stetson under that swollen head of yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
              Nice profile picture....are you able to wear a Stetson under that swollen head of yours?
              One thing is for sure mine fits me a hell of a lot better than yours fits you.
              In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
                One thing is for sure mine fits me a hell of a lot better than yours fits you.
                Nice burn.........can't be a cop with thin skin, you guys bust more balls than anyone else.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

thanks in advance!!
                  I received the email as well a few weeks ago and I had gone through background, psych, and poly but didn't complete medical as I was one of the few that didn't make the cut-off. I am not sure if it is necessary to go to this seminar. I spoke w/ my troop recruiter and I had made him aware that I am currently processing and received the postponement letter in the mail. He had told me that I can disregard the email. If anyone has information or an opinion on the seminar or think that it should still be attended by candidates currently going through the processing that received the email, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
                  NYSP
                  Score: 97.x

Comment

• Like Empiregrey said, you should go because the recruiter could have some information that could be helpful to you and somebody there might ask a question that you did not think of. Even though i completed the whole process i kinda wish I had gotten the email because I would like to hear anything new that is going on with the academy.
                    Last edited by Trey1205; 12-02-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
                      Did you do your medical?
                      yes I did everything... medical all that and received the letter that Oct class was cancelled. maybe they got my name mixed up.. I guess it wouldn't really hurt to go. I was just curious if anyone that completed the process got it as well.

Comment

yes I did everything... medical all that and received the letter that Oct class was cancelled. maybe they got my name mixed up.. I guess it wouldn't really hurt to go. I was just curious if anyone that completed the process got it as well.
                        Go! That way you can ask about an academy date

Edit: DM0904 - Turn your PM's on
                        Last edited by rl0089; 12-02-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• I think your the first on here that completed everything including medical and got the email. guess the best thing is to continue staying patient and see how this all shakes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbthor14 View Post
                            They did not get up to 8800 yet because I have a friend that did not get an email.
                            I'm 91xx and I got the email!

Comment

• Every time I see a new post on here I get excited that it might be someone saying they got a packet in the mail about the academy. Can't wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanRamzz View Post
                                I'm 91xx and I got the email!
                                Did you get the email today?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10271 users online. 495 members and 9776 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X