300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rl0089 View Post
    Anyone want to copy the text of the email and post it or PM it to me if you don't want to post it?
    PMed.

Comment

• Thank you Bliskin.

Comment

• Could you PM it to me also thank you

Comment

• Did the folks who did their pft back in March go a few weeks after class 203 started?

Comment

• The last academy started March 1st. The processing was on March 21st.

Comment

• Thanks rl0089. Just throwing thoughts out there, and clearly the way this process has gone who knows if there's any chance of this actually happening. It appears they gave this last email group about a months notice for the orientation. If they gave them another month to make arrangements to be in Albany for their pft, it could be possible that it would be 3 weeks after the start of another academy if that academy started in early January.

Comment

• I like your thought process Crosby that would defiantly be awesome if that was the case. Hope all of you are keeping in shape. This could be here sooner than we think.

Comment

• I like seeing this thread active again.... I know I don't post much but I check this thread everyday. I myself, like most of you, am staying positive. I've waited a long time for this and I'm not going to stop now.

Comment

• If any of the sworn members on here (empiregrey, reils49 and I know there are a couple others) could maybe give us their insight on why they are doing this it would be greatly appreciated. I know in a previous post it said the State Police were going to try for another date but we're not sure if they were going to get it. Hey maybe this means they got the date they tried for.

Comment

• Hello Trey1205, I am current 98xx and have not received an email. Possibly it could have been an update email?

Comment

• If they processed up to around 7100 last processing and typically process around 2000 people at a time I would only expect it to reach scores around 9100. Perhaps even less if they have significant overflow from the last group that didn't make it to medical.

Comment

• They did not get up to 8800 yet because I have a friend that did not get an email.

Comment

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
                            If they processed up to around 7100 last processing and typically process around 2000 people at a time I would only expect it to reach scores around 9100. Perhaps even less if they have significant overflow from the last group that didn't make it to medical.
                            They may be calling more people all at once to avoid the risk of not having enough eligible candidates and having to call a whole second group, like what happened in March and May...or not. We'll have to wait to hear back from the group that attends the seminar.
                            Last edited by rl0089; 11-30-2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Anyone else get an initial processing email? Also does anyone know if this is optional? Lastly when could we expect to get invited for the processing weekend?

- Rank 10xxx

This was somebody else's post from the other forum by the way he makes it sound, he got one of the emails.

Comment

• My uncle is one of the sergeants that teaches at the academy, and I want to add that he continually tells me that they have little to no knowledge over hiring. Anytime he looks into anything for me he simply calls over to the troop recruiting officer who is typically the first to know. Most "on the job" troopers are not privy to hiring information and are probably no less to learn about hiring than we are as the general public. The Superintendent of the State Police asks for money to spend and it is up to our executive body of NY State government to allow. So if anyone knows anything, I'd like to think it's those in the budgeting department.

With that being said, my uncle did tell me that the last couple waves of processing was disgusting. He said after 18 years of doing PATs, he's never had so many candidates come unprepared. He said a lot of them admittedly never exercised or took it serious. A lot of guys failed and never made it past processing weekend.

Perhaps with that in mind the NYSP is going to reach out to more candidates? He yells at me all the time for not preparing (I'm in the 13k's) and being ready to be called.

If anyone else who has heard of the alarming number of failing candidates perhaps we can assume they'll invite more to be processed?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10254 users online. 499 members and 9755 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X