Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
    I'm not going to lie, I may have been cow tippin' a few times

I understand, and I didn't mean to lash out like that, but it seems like lately all I do is hear how upstaters are so lazy and dumb. I didn't mean anything towards you, I'm sorry.

I know you didn't mean anything towards me but I just decided to throw that information out there, I haven't heard that one, all I hear about upstate is that its boring and nothing to do I'm like ok I don't care as long as I get the job that I want. but I spoke to a state trooper from troop L he was young in his late 20's and he said don't listen to what you hear people say that it's boring up there because its not, he said where he was they had a drug problem and so on and there was always something to do and he also said that your salary goes a lot futher upstate because is less expensive to live upstate than down here on the Island. but yea I'm looking forward to moving upstate but I'm not looking foward to me learning how to cook when I get my own place.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I spoke to a Troop F recruiter. I know there are a few of us who are going through this for the second time.. Just remember all good things come in time. Good luck and keep watching the mailbox!!

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
        permanent troop assignments are based on class ranking. Class ranking is based on the score of the inital exam. If person number 1 and person number 100 on the inital list went to the same academy class together person with the rank number 1 is senior to person number 100 because he was called first. The academy has nothing to do with permanent troop placement or your class ranking.
        Fucco, They must have changed this from prior academies. As of now your intitial permanent troop assignment is based on your academic score in the academy. Any transfers after that is based on your entrance list number. It's pretty good motivation to do well in the academy.
        Last edited by WishIKnew; 07-12-2007, 09:27 AM. Reason: k

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
          , he said where he was they had a drug problem and so on and there was always something to do and he also said that your salary goes a lot futher upstate
          The busiest stations in the state are upstate!! We have trooper who come from all over to my station and they are seriously overwhelmed with the workload. It is not uncommmon for me to hae 3 pending calls and then get called to a physical domestic in progress and clear to find 4-5 calls pending.

We get every call imaginable where I work and of course in the winter you have to deal with over 100"+ of snow in a week and all the accidents that come with it...

Originally posted by WishIKnew View Post
          Fucco, They must have changed this from prior academies. As of now your intitial permanent troop assignment is based on your academic score in the academy. Any transfers after that is based on your entrance list number. It's pretty good motivation to do well in the academy.

This was true for my class. Your initial station after the academy was based on your academy score. A backfill recruit ended up getting her Troop over me and I was ranked a lot higher than her on the initial test score.

Comment

• they must have changed it. When i went through ur academic average gave u a perference on fto stations/placement.

Comment

• Feels good to finally finish the Academy.
              It took a long time to get to this point, and well worth the wait.
              Good luck to all the future recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
                Feels good to finally finish the Academy.
                Congratulations and good luck during FTO.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                  The busiest stations in the state are upstate!! We have trooper who come from all over to my station and they are seriously overwhelmed with the workload. It is not uncommmon for me to hae 3 pending calls and then get called to a physical domestic in progress and clear to find 4-5 calls pending.

We get every call imaginable where I work and of course in the winter you have to deal with over 100"+ of snow in a week and all the accidents that come with it...
                  you see that's why I wouldn't mind going upstate, out here on Troop L they don't do much because Suffolk county has its own police department and sheriff department and same goes for Nassau county, so the state police ends up doing state parks and state pkwys and so on, so that's why I'll rather go upstate for a while so I can get the experiance :-). thank you for the info GrayPatriot
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
                    Feels good to finally finish the Academy.
                    Congrats Mac and all the other new graduates of the academy. Good luck during FTO and throughout the remainder of your careers...

Comment

I went to NC to visit a friend last year and I asked why are those kids knocking down the cows? and he said they are just cow tippin that's what they do for fun
                      Ahhh, the memories......

Originally posted by John2008

.....and to remind you before I saw that cow it was atleast 5yrs since I saw one.
                      I saw some today, on my way to work. Horses too.
                      Maybe I should keep that redneck moniker afterall.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        I saw some today, on my way to work.
                        I haven't seen any today, but I ate part of a pig for breakfast and part of a cow for lunch.

Comment

Ahhh, the memories......

I saw some today, on my way to work. Horses too.
                          Maybe I should keep that redneck moniker afterall.
                          LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO, we have cows on LI but out east by riverhead and I don't go that way, SDT is a funny person.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                            I haven't seen any today, but I ate part of a pig for breakfast and part of a cow for lunch.

LOL.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO, we have cows on LI but out east by riverhead and I don't go that way, SDT is a funny person.
                              What are you saying? Am I a clown for you?
                              Huh, huh, is that it? Am I a clown for you?

Joe Pesce's charactor in Goodfella's.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

What are you saying? Am I a clown for you?
                                Huh, huh, is that it? Am I a clown for you?

Joe Pesce's charactor in Goodfella's.

I have'nt watched that movie in a while, you had me there for a while I was getting ready to say well type, no sir not at all I meant that you have jokes lol. SDT question for you how do your CVPI hold up in the snow upstate???
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12736 users online. 493 members and 12243 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X