Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info. Good luck to everybody. Hopefully the people that got left out last time all get in. I can't imagine waiting ANOTHER 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      Congrats to the 74new troopers that just graduated the academy today.

This must have been a late change, as graduation was scheduled for July 16h.
      It's not uncommon for the date to move, as the Governor's schedule changes a lot.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

I guess I might end up upstate for a while but that's ok
        What's wrong with being upstate? I understand if you're family is downstate, but it seems like you have a grudge against us upstaters. We're not all rednecks.

EDIT: This post has been edited due to an error on my part.
        Last edited by OTVFD18; 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
          What's wrong with being upstate? I understand if you're family is downstate, but I've also seen you make a remark on these boards about the "Hillbilly southener" upstaters, or something to that affect. We're not all rednecks.
          What's wrong with being a redneck?

LOL, I really shouldn't be calling myself a redneck, but I think the phrase "Blue State Red Neck" has a nice ring to it. Maybe I can think of a new phrase for under my avatar.

Any suggestions?
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

What's wrong with being upstate? I understand if you're family is downstate, but I've also seen you make a remark on these boards about the "Hillbilly southener" upstaters, or something to that affect. We're not all rednecks.
            I'd much rather be a redneck upstater than a downstater with my nose so far up in the air that I can't see the ground.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              What's wrong with being a redneck?
              Haha I didn't say I wasn't a redneck I was only thinking about how I went to college last year and everyone from Westchester or South thought that I must be a farmer with no teeth because I was from a town north of Westchester. My comment was only to defend the fact that some people from "downstate" think that NYC and LI are the only important parts of the state. I drive a truck, I get muddy on my 4-wheeler, and I am by no means a city slicker.

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
              Any suggestions?
              "Interim NYSP Online Recruiter"

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              I'd much rather be a redneck upstater than a downstater with my nose so far up in the air that I can't see the ground.
              This is the point I was trying to address. I feel like sometimes people don't want jobs upstate because they think they're better than all of us. Not saying that John2008 is like that, I've just seen it all too much. Sorry for the venting.
              Last edited by OTVFD18; 07-11-2007, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post

I can see the ground with no problem........
                Last edited by trooperCand; 07-11-2007, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• "The following is a list of field training Troop assignments..."

Field Training assignments are usually in the home troop. Permanent troop assignments are based on the needs of the SP (State Police), and are chosen based upon the academic average of the recruit during academy training. From what I understand, a recruit is given a sheet on which to list his/her top three troop choices for permanent assignment. Quite often troops such as A and E are "closed", meaning, it would be a waste for the recruit to list those closed troops as a choice for assignment.

This is my understanding based upon actual conversations with troopers, and what I have learned through www.troopers.state.ny.us, as well as experienced New York State Troopers on this forum.

Regards,

Future recruit, Fall 2008 Academy class

Comment

• I apologize for the redundant post! I was on pg. 43 and thought that was the last pg.

Sorry again all.

Comment

• I know im waiting for a letter to hopefully come by the end of the week. When I didn't make it to the January class we got a letter a week after it started stating that we would be up for canidancy to a future class. My brother in laws brother just graduated and he was from Troop A. Doesn't look like a lot of guys from A considering Buffalo and Western New York are a large area. I know a lot of guys are waiting for Buffalo P.D. to hire and maybe decided not to start the process with the state troopers. To the guys waiting be patient. Does anyone know that say they didn't reach our rank again with this being the second medical then would we have to redo the psych and stuff considering it will be over a year or just do an updated background. I've been told just an updated background and the medical again even if its been a year. By the time it would be the April class if there is one then it would be roughly a year and a half.

Comment

What's wrong with being upstate? I understand if you're family is downstate, but it seems like you have a grudge against us upstaters. We're not all rednecks.

EDIT: This post has been edited due to an error on my part.
                        LMAOOOOOO, I didn't say people from upstate are rednecks lol, I don't have anything against upstate people or upstate, I have mix feeling about going upstate, I want to go upstate because I think it will be a unique experiance to work some where else in the state and get out of Long Island but than My whole family lives on Long Island. but like I said I wouldn't mind being upstate for a while plus everything is less expensive out there so who knows I might end up liking it up there and staying . and people from upstate aren't rednecks or hicks to me lol when I think redneck I think GA and downsouth where they go cow tippin, I went to NC to visit a friend last year and I asked why are those kids knocking down the cows? and he said they are just cow tippin that's what they do for fun, I was like 0_o and to remind you before I saw that cow it was atleast 5yrs since I saw one.
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

This is the point I was trying to address. I feel like sometimes people don't want jobs upstate because they think they're better than all of us. Not saying that John2008 is like that, I've just seen it all too much. Sorry for the venting.
                          I know what you mean, I hear it all the time, I tell people I want to be a State Trooper and their like you want to go upstate with them hicks? and I'm like ugh they are not hicks and its not bad upstate, I like some parts of upstate NY and plus I'm a stay at homebody so I like the quiet part and everything my only complaint about upstate is that everything is soooo spread out atleast to the parts that I've been to. but to be honest with you I'm looking foward to going upstate and living up there, only bad part is that I'm going to have to learn how to cook or something that should be interesting lol. I'll take a job upstate and if I was to get the job as a state trooper and they would tell me after the academy we're going to send you to Essex county in troop B I'll say ok no problem and go and not complain because atleast I'll be doing the job that I've been dreaming of. and I don't think I'm better than anyone lol I'm very respectful as long as I get respect back. but I know exactly what your talking about OTVFD I hear it all the time too.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

i have nothing against upstate people or the area they live in. i've spent almost my whole life on LI and i love my neighborhood the same way i'm sure you guys do...also, i don't want to leave my jiu jitsu school...

the more i've thought about the prospect of having to leave, i'm beginning to embrace the idea of change but still wouldn't want to be much farther than the westchester/white plains area

Comment

• permanent troop assignments are based on class ranking. Class ranking is based on the score of the inital exam. If person number 1 and person number 100 on the inital list went to the same academy class together person with the rank number 1 is senior to person number 100 because he was called first. The academy has nothing to do with permanent troop placement or your class ranking.

Comment

LMAOOOOOO, I didn't say people from upstate are rednecks lol, I don't have anything against upstate people or upstate, I have mix feeling about going upstate, I want to go upstate because I think it will be a unique experiance to work some where else in the state and get out of Long Island but than My whole family lives on Long Island. but like I said I wouldn't mind being upstate for a while plus everything is less expensive out there so who knows I might end up liking it up there and staying . and people from upstate aren't rednecks or hicks to me lol when I think redneck I think GA and downsouth where they go cow tippin, I went to NC to visit a friend last year and I asked why are those kids knocking down the cows? and he said they are just cow tippin that's what they do for fun, I was like 0_o and to remind you before I saw that cow it was atleast 5yrs since I saw one.
                                I'm not going to lie, I may have been cow tippin' a few times

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                                I know what you mean, I hear it all the time, I tell people I want to be a State Trooper and their like you want to go upstate with them hicks? and I'm like ugh they are not hicks and its not bad upstate, I like some parts of upstate NY and plus I'm a stay at homebody so I like the quiet part and everything my only complaint about upstate is that everything is soooo spread out atleast to the parts that I've been to. but to be honest with you I'm looking foward to going upstate and living up there, only bad part is that I'm going to have to learn how to cook or something that should be interesting lol. I'll take a job upstate and if I was to get the job as a state trooper and they would tell me after the academy we're going to send you to Essex county in troop B I'll say ok no problem and go and not complain because atleast I'll be doing the job that I've been dreaming of. and I don't think I'm better than anyone lol I'm very respectful as long as I get respect back. but I know exactly what your talking about OTVFD I hear it all the time too.
                                I understand, and I didn't mean to lash out like that, but it seems like lately all I do is hear how upstaters are so lazy and dumb. I didn't mean anything towards you, I'm sorry.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8989 users online. 375 members and 8614 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X