300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
    Nice! That's some positive news, hopefully it plays out well. Good luck with your test. Take advantage of it!
    Thanks, you can bet that I trained (have been training) hard after failing the test. My only issue was sit-ups so i've conquered them and am ready to smoke the test. Wishing you guys the best in regards to the next academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
      They invite you back after failing the physical test!!?? I failed the 1 mile by 3 minutes (after passing pushups and situps) for my county sheriff's department and was eliminated completely!
      I hope you mis-typed that. Failed by 3 minutes??

Comment

They invite you back after failing the physical test!!?? I failed the 1 mile by 3 minutes (after passing pushups and situps) for my county sheriff's department and was eliminated completely!
        30 seconds fine. but 3 minutes.. yea I dont think anyone would get invited back

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
          Sorry bro. Just did. I hadn't realized the sent PMs were counted against your total!

Prospect07 I sent one to you that may have failed to launch on the first try too. You may have one , two or none.
          Received. Thanks Empiregrey.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
            I hope you mis-typed that. Failed by 3 minutes??
            Yeah, I was a 21 year old kid who didn't think I needed to train beforehand. 7 years later and 3 kids I am in the best shape of my life..of course it's easy to get to the gym every morning when you have an infant waking up at 4am.....the only positive thing that I can tell myself is that I am making much more money now than if I had taken the job with the county, however obviously I would be much happier doing what I've always wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
              I took part in the March processing and failed the physical test and was told I would be invited again in the Fall. That of course never happened but I just received an email from recruitment regarding upcoming NYSP Informational Seminar. Hopefully this is a good sign that they may be restarting hiring operations and those of you waiting for the new academy dates will hear something in the near future.
              I received the same email and signed up for the Dec 17th seminar. I was wondering if you had any idea if these seminars are offered to everyone who took the exam or just to the people who's list number should be reached in the near future? Thank you.

Comment

Yeah, I was a 21 year old kid who didn't think I needed to train beforehand. 7 years later and 3 kids I am in the best shape of my life..of course it's easy to get to the gym every morning when you have an infant waking up at 4am.....the only positive thing that I can tell myself is that I am making much more money now than if I had taken the job with the county, however obviously I would be much happier doing what I've always wanted.
                dam i understand man. maybe it was for the best, im pretty sure you spent important holidays with your family. pretty sure if you did sheriff who knows when you would get a holiday off to spent time with your kids and family.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanRamzz View Post
                  I received the same email and signed up for the Dec 17th seminar. I was wondering if you had any idea if these seminars are offered to everyone who took the exam or just to the people who's list number should be reached in the near future? Thank you.
                  Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe this is for those whose list number is coming up to being processed soon (and of course the few such as I who are re-invited after failing the PAT)

Comment

• I received the same email as well for the Informational Seminar. Is this also for people that have already gone through their backgrounds and polys as well too? I have signed up for the Dec 15th seminar. Looking forward to it as its a step in the right direction for them hopefully continuing the candidate processing in the future.
                    NYSP
                    Score: 97.x

Comment

• Originally posted by Xstioner View Post
                      I received the same email as well for the Informational Seminar. Is this also for people that have already gone through their backgrounds and polys as well too? I have signed up for the Dec 15th seminar. Looking forward to it as its a step in the right direction for them hopefully continuing the candidate processing in the future.
                      I made it through my background, poly and final medical and have not received any emails. I'm only assuming it's for the next "wave" of recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xstioner View Post
                        I received the same email as well for the Informational Seminar. Is this also for people that have already gone through their backgrounds and polys as well too? I have signed up for the Dec 15th seminar. Looking forward to it as its a step in the right direction for them hopefully continuing the candidate processing in the future.
                        No, that informational seminar is to explain the hiring process and specifically the TBD processing weekend where you turn in your background/information packet and take part in the PAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
                          I made it through my background, poly and final medical and have not received any emails. I'm only assuming it's for the next "wave" of recruits.
                          I was one of the candidates that completed there background and poly, but did not make the cut-off for final medical. I am wondering why I received the seminar email. Did anyone that completed their background and poly receive this email?
                          NYSP
                          Score: 97.x

Comment

• I can't wait until we get an official date for processing weekend.

For anyone that just completed to academy, do you have any tips on what to prepare for both mentally and physically? (examples: run a lot more up to 7 miles, do a ton of sit-ups, push-ups etc.)

Comment

• May I ask what number you are

Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
                              Sorry bro. Just did. I hadn't realized the sent PMs were counted against your total!

Prospect07 I sent one to you that may have failed to launch on the first try too. You may have one , two or none.

Comment

• May I ask what number you are...just wondering if they hit 8000 yet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9740 users online. 496 members and 9244 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X