Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to be honest that might be a long shot what was your list number? they have about 800 people on wait right now that went through their backgrounds and polys. so if they ended up taking half or alittle more that is atleast another year and a half to 2 year wait and by than their might be a new test coming out. Best of luck hopefully they get down to as many candidates possible as we know the NYSP needs officers asap

Comment

• Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
      to be honest that might be a long shot what was your list number? they have about 800 people on wait right now that went through their backgrounds and polys. so if they ended up taking half or alittle more that is atleast another year and a half to 2 year wait and by than their might be a new test coming out. Best of luck hopefully they get down to as many candidates possible as we know the NYSP needs officers asap
      My list number was 17000's which is crazy because last time i took this test I received a 88 I believe and was about the same number.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmaier View Post
        My list number was 17000's which is crazy because last time i took this test I received a 88 I believe and was about the same number.

Unfortunately you're better off waiting for another exam. There won't be as many active military candidates using their preference points so there might be a better chance at placing high. This exam was considerably easier than the previous exam due to the change in the format. Whether or not this will be the same format for future exams seems to be unclear. I will say that I took the exam in 2008 and placed 2,3XX with a 90. However I didn't reach age 21 in time and was eliminated. I placed 13,2XX on this exam with a 94.9. It stinks but I am confident that if they return to the previous exam format most of us will do well considering we are the ones who desire it most (considering we are forum members and obviously take it serious).

Comment

• the exam back in 2013 about 30k people took the test. not sure how many people took the test back in 2008 but it had to low if your score was a 90 and ranking of 2300

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
            the exam back in 2013 about 30k people took the test. not sure how many people took the test back in 2008 but it had to low if your score was a 90 and ranking of 2300
            I took it then too and there was about as many people that took the test then as they did on this one.

Comment

• Hello all,
              Just trying to see if anyone knows what rank was actually invited to the medical for the anticipated class that was suppose to be held in October, i'm Rank 6188 and recently received a letter stating that my number has not been reached for further processing. I just would like to get a ballpark number if possible of either people before me that received the same letter as me or the closes to the last person that was actually invited to the medical that was held on September 12th.

Thank you all!

Comment

• that is absolutely crazy this was my first time taking the nysp test. I got a low 98 and couldn't believe i was ranked 4,8xx.

Comment

• Empire, clean out your PM.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                    Empire, clean out your PM.
                    Sorry bro. Just did. I hadn't realized the sent PMs were counted against your total!

Prospect07 I sent one to you that may have failed to launch on the first try too. You may have one , two or none.
                    Last edited by Empiregrey; 11-13-2015, 07:34 AM.
                    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• I took part in the March processing and failed the physical test and was told I would be invited again in the Fall. That of course never happened but I just received an email from recruitment regarding upcoming NYSP Informational Seminar. Hopefully this is a good sign that they may be restarting hiring operations and those of you waiting for the new academy dates will hear something in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
                        I took part in the March processing and failed the physical test and was told I would be invited again in the Fall. That of course never happened but I just received an email from recruitment regarding upcoming NYSP Informational Seminar. Hopefully this is a good sign that they may be restarting hiring operations and those of you waiting for the new academy dates will hear something in the near future.

They invite you back after failing the physical test!!?? I failed the 1 mile by 3 minutes (after passing pushups and situps) for my county sheriff's department and was eliminated completely!

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
                          They invite you back after failing the physical test!!?? I failed the 1 mile by 3 minutes (after passing pushups and situps) for my county sheriff's department and was eliminated completely!
                          I was surprised and am grateful. I was told I had the option to be re-invited because it was my first time processing for the NYSP. I was a few situps short. If I recall correctly, if I were to fail again, I would not be allowed to test ever again.

Comment

I took part in the March processing and failed the physical test and was told I would be invited again in the Fall. That of course never happened but I just received an email from recruitment regarding upcoming NYSP Informational Seminar. Hopefully this is a good sign that they may be restarting hiring operations and those of you waiting for the new academy dates will hear something in the near future.
                            Is this similar to the orientations that were held to let us know what to expect on the pft weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
                              Is this similar to the orientations that were held to let us know what to expect on the pft weekend?
                              Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                                Nice! That's some positive news, hopefully it plays out well. Good luck with your test. Take advantage of it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12311 users online. 440 members and 11871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X