300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
    With the academy postponed, I and probably most people assume it is due to the amount of money it cost NYS to find those two escaped convicts(but could also be other reasons). I checked the NYS corrections forum to see if there academy has been postponed. Some of them have finished the process and are awaiting acceptance into the academy which some are saying starts 11/15. Now by what the news released(which we know is not always true) it cost NYS more money for Corrections than State Police. So how come they postponed one agencies academy and not the other,or maybe it just has not be postponed yet? Like I said though there could be many other reasons but it just seemed odd.
    The state allocates its budgets to hundreds if not thousands of agencies, organizations, school districts, departments etc. If one of these agencies uses its allocated funds ahead of schedule or has to modify its own budget I doubt it would have a factor on a completely different agency. NYSP planned on using funds on an academy that were used elsewhere for good reason. I'm not familiar with NYS corrections but they most likely don't have this problem so they would still have the allocated money to run their academy.

Comment

• I get how budgets work. It just seemed odd that one agency cancelled there academy because something unexpected ate up millions of dollars in there budget and the other did not (corrections). I just thought it would have the same effect on both agencies. I remember watching the news when they were saying how much it cost to search for them and i was just thinking to myself I would not be surprised if they cancelled the upcoming academy. I was actually a bit surprised we still got invited to the medical but I know the State police were anticipating on having one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
        This is the best part of the thread. Reading as applicants work their way through the process until they eventually make it as a Trooper. I wish we could add up all the people who started here as applicants and made it!

Belated congratulations and welcome to the Family!
        Thank you very much, sir

You have been a great help along the way. Like I said before, the new guys are lucky to have people like you on here!

Comment

It just seemed odd that one agency cancelled there academy because something unexpected ate up millions of dollars in there budget and the other did not (corrections). I just thought it would have the same effect on both agencies.
          Perhaps the manhunt is just one of several budget issues facing the state police? The proverbial "straw that broke the camels back".

Most people are unaware of the sad state of our patrol vehicle fleet.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• So I was reading this article In the paper today it says the state tax collections this year are up $676 million above what they projected. With all that extra money they can buy a whole new fleet of cars and put on academies and have lots money left.

Comment

So I was reading this article In the paper today it says the state tax collections this year are up $676 million above what they projected. With all that extra money they can buy a whole new fleet of cars and put on academies and have lots money left.
              Nah, they'll just give nice raises to SUNY officials and purchase crap they don't need.

Did you also see in the TimesUnion that not only does NY state have the highest paid state employees out of any other state, but there's a professor at SUNY that works 1 day per week and makes$ 978,0000 base salary!....should have gotten my PhD....

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
                Did you also see in the TimesUnion that not only does NY state have the highest paid state employees out of any other state, ...
                Stan:

I understand being a dusgruntled taxpayer, in an overtaxed state, but you do realize you're apying to become a state employee? Correct???
                Last edited by reils49; 11-03-2015, 09:51 PM.
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                  Stan:

I understand being a dusgruntled taxpayer, in an overtaxed state, but you do realize you're apying to become a state employee? Correct???

Of course, this was an attempt to create further frustrations out of the budgetary issues. Thruway toll collectors making 6 figures or SUNY professor making $879,000 teaching 1 course per week while they can't even afford police officers or upgrading their vehicles.

Comment

• I received a score of 93. My number on the list is 17481 which is crazy. I talked to a trooper a few weeks back when he pulled my buddy over and he told me that if everything goes well the amount of people they want hired would go through that entire list we are all on. Has anyone heard anything similar? Also what score has the troopers got down to as of now?

Comment

• With the list only being good for 4 years they will not make it through the entire thing, even if they extend by year or two. They will probably only reach upwards around 16,000 ish, and that is with canvassing 2,000 applicants per academy twice a year. But with the academy being postponed they might not even reach that high. They have reached the rank of 7,100, what score that is I am not too sure. The last list i think only went to about 10,000 maybe a little beyond that.

Comment

• it was actually 15,100. when i was going through the processing i did as much research as possible. I just recently graduated what I can tell you is one of the guys i met inside the academy he had to take the test twice and wait over 7 years in order to get a spot in the academy. first time his list number was way too high and the second time he got a 98 and made it. Some people will never get this job because they dont score high enough. When I took the test back in 2013 I knew 30k people took this test. So I basically setting my heart for a local PD in my town but before I knew it scores came out and I got a 98

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                          I just recently graduated…
                          Congratulations and welcome to the family!
                          Good luck with phase 3.

Absorb everything you can. Very shortly you will soon have one of the most surreal experiences of your life: calling in service solo for the first time.

Be safe.
                          In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Anyone here on the job now, transferred from NYPD?

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc0487 View Post
                              Anyone here on the job now, transferred from NYPD?
                              we had 2 guys from nypd. One loves his job as a trooper now, the other one went back to nypd. He said he didnt like the upstate life. But if your asking if your years transfer over they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                                we had 2 guys from nypd. One loves his job as a trooper now, the other one went back to nypd. He said he didnt like the upstate life. But if your asking if your years transfer over they do.
                                Thank you for your input. As I said before in a comment above this I received a 93. A trooper that pulled my bud over says I should get a call, it may take some time but I should. I was wondering if you have heard anything as well?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10193 users online. 492 members and 9701 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X