Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don't know what he meant but that's what he said to me, we can just wait and see, we're trying to stay positive here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CO123 View Post
      I don't know what he meant but that's what he said to me, we can just wait and see, we're trying to stay positive here


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'm not telling you not to stay positive. I'm cautioning you to stay realistic. It's very possible it will happen in April. But nothing is guaranteed. We're talking six months away. If you want I can post the last five rumors I've heard on here all from the last four days. Would that help? No. Probably not. Because as nice as some of them would be to hear how positive are you going to feel when they don't happen?

      Bottom line is April is a good bet but there are no safe bets here.
      In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

      Comment


      • Ok, I'm not arguing with you empiregrey, I've been following the thread I'm very realistic, but there's a lot of people here that would also love some encouragement, I think we all have gone through it and know reality, it can happen but if it doesn't again were prepared, were smart enough to learn from the first time


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • I would like to hear what rumors you have heard Empiregrey because the only thing I have heard since getting that Postponement letter was from CO123. I would just like to see what else could possibly be going on.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
            I would like to hear what rumors you have heard Empiregrey because the only thing I have heard since getting that Postponement letter was from CO123. I would just like to see what else could possibly be going on.
            Rumors are just that rumors. I usually don't post on here what I hear at work because it's always changing and it's always so drastic one day to the next. I've heard things this week that if we're true would be great news for those waiting but in this same week I've heard things that if true would not just suck for you guys but for the whole agency. Each one by itself sounds reasonable but when you hear them all and they are all so different they all lose credibility. What I did hear directly from academy staff is they have a date they want to try and get and another date they expect to get but no I'm sorry I won't post what I've heard on here until I'm way more certain.
            In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

            Comment


            • I understand thank you for the information.
              Last edited by Trey1205; 10-18-2015, 06:29 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by c_ob View Post
                I just wanted to post on here to tell all of the potential 204th members this: Keep your head up! This is the BEST job in the world and believe me when I say it was all worth it. Don't ever give up. I imagine there will be an academy sooner than you think because we need more Troopers. Also, you are all so lucky to have people like Empiregrey, jaguar, and reils on here. I would like to post on here more and help you guys out but I just never find time to do it. Don't question them when they give you information and ask if the info is from a 'reliable source.' Just take what they said, believe it if you want, and say thank you.

                Also, whoever the person was that said you can beat a suspect with a glock, PLEASE go find a job elsewhere because you won't make it in this agency with that sort of work ethic. You'll be weeded out faster than you think.

                Good luck future 204th
                This is the best part of the thread. Reading as applicants work their way through the process until they eventually make it as a Trooper. I wish we could add up all the people who started here as applicants and made it!

                Belated congratulations and welcome to the Family!
                In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

                Comment


                • I have a couple questions more geared towards the sworn members, but any insight is appreciated. Moving forward, in regards to the bi and poly, will these be full blown investigations, or shorter update/questions?

                  Secondly, can or maybe better question is will they still find reasons to send dq letters prior to the updates or are we safe until they decide to do those?

                  As always thanks in advance for your help.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
                    I have a couple questions more geared towards the sworn members, but any insight is appreciated. Moving forward, in regards to the bi and poly, will these be full blown investigations, or shorter update/questions?

                    Secondly, can or maybe better question is will they still find reasons to send dq letters prior to the updates or are we safe until they decide to do those?

                    As always thanks in advance for your help.
                    It will just be a updated background check and another polygraph. If you got a medical letter you should be good. Just stay clean till the academy happens.

                    Comment


                    • Hi all!

                      I wanted to send out a quick thank you to all you sworn in members that take the time to update all of us prospects. It's nice that you haven't forgotten what it's like and that you understand the feeling of anxious as we all go through this strenuous process. I have been following this thread for quite some time and was very hesitant on joining in fear of it compromising my hopes of becoming a trooper (a few mentioned that the NYSP is aware of this forum and they check it). The reason I quickly became a member was that I felt it was my obligation to share some knowledge. It would be unfair for me to expect everyone to share their personal experiences only to leave everyone in the dark on some privy knowledge. Please take this for what it's worth, perhaps nothing more than face value.

                      With all that being said, I work for a very large contractor in the Albany area. We were just notified that we are bidding some construction work at the NYSP Academy. Specifically re doing the dining hall. This will take place over the next few months and well into the Spring. While it is nice that I get to work there, it is of course under different circumstances than I'd like. The bid specs call for the academy to be out of use during this time. I'm assuming this will directly affect any spring academies. Perhaps with the recent budget deficit due to those prisoner escapees, the NYSP has decided to take advantage of an empty academy.

                      Let me also add that I've been doing contracting for 10 years and State projects NEVER finish on time. There are constant change orders throughout the construction phases. If they tell us spring, better plan on summer.

                      Like I said, I felt it necessary to share. I can understand if anyone chooses to ignore this.

                      Comment


                      • Maybe the food will improve.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                          Maybe the food will improve.
                          Funny I was speaking with one of the head sergeants there during the walk through and he mentioned that the NYSP makes more spaghetti than the military. Good old carbs and calories!

                          He also said that most make the mistake of pigging out the first week (I guess it's all you can eat?) with cookies and pasta and end up getting cramps and being lathergic....the things you don't realize.

                          Comment


                          • With the academy postponed, I and probably most people assume it is due to the amount of money it cost NYS to find those two escaped convicts(but could also be other reasons). I checked the NYS corrections forum to see if there academy has been postponed. Some of them have finished the process and are awaiting acceptance into the academy which some are saying starts 11/15. Now by what the news released(which we know is not always true) it cost NYS more money for Corrections than State Police. So how come they postponed one agencies academy and not the other,or maybe it just has not be postponed yet? Like I said though there could be many other reasons but it just seemed odd.
                            Last edited by Trey1205; 10-21-2015, 07:03 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                              Maybe the food will improve.
                              food was the worst. could not use the bathroom the 1st week

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
                                With the academy postponed, I and probably most people assume it is due to the amount of money it cost NYS to find those two escaped convicts(but could also be other reasons). I checked the NYS corrections forum to see if there academy has been postponed. Some of them have finished the process and are awaiting acceptance into the academy which some are saying starts 11/15. Now by what the news released(which we know is not always true) it cost NYS more money for Corrections than State Police. So how come they postponed one agencies academy and not the other,or maybe it just has not be postponed yet? Like I said though there could be many other reasons but it just seemed odd.

                                They are doing major renovations, like I mentioned. We are putting a whole new roof on the facility and re doing the dining hall. Perhaps OGS who manages building 22 never let the NYSP know that they have construction. It happens a lot. I also work at Forensics building and anytime we start a project the building tenants never seem to know or be prepared. Same as building 12 which is Tax & Finance. Interdepartmental agencies are ridiculous!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7830 users online. 410 members and 7420 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X