300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jones221 View Post
    one of my friends family member was a nypd officer, he went through the whole process, academy, fto. After that he left and came back to the nypd. He said he just couldnt live upstate. So it goes to show you
    Don't judge him until you've lived Upstate!
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Thanks for all the info Empiregrey, I appreciate all the insight!

I gotta change things up slightly, otherwise I'll go crazy over these next 6 months or more wondering "what if?" Like all of you I have been focusing on getting my run times down. Currently I'm at about 9:05-9:15 for my 1.5 mile run. With the bad weather fast approaching, do any of you have any tips for outdoor running? Boots vs sneakers, etc? I hate running on the hamster wheel but will use that as a last resort. I just don't want to let all that hard work this past summer go to waste.
      Thanks in advance for any tips you share.

Comment

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
        Thanks for all the info Empiregrey, I appreciate all the insight!

I gotta change things up slightly, otherwise I'll go crazy over these next 6 months or more wondering "what if?" Like all of you I have been focusing on getting my run times down. Currently I'm at about 9:05-9:15 for my 1.5 mile run. With the bad weather fast approaching, do any of you have any tips for outdoor running? Boots vs sneakers, etc? I hate running on the hamster wheel but will use that as a last resort. I just don't want to let all that hard work this past summer go to waste.
        Thanks in advance for any tips you share.
        Run outside in bad weather. You're going to do it in the academy. Nothing like running the loop when its 20 degrees out.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• It sucks to think that some of us could have possibly been starting the academy in 3 days. I have been doing a lot of back reading on this forum and I am at around where they were going through the hiring freeze back in 2009-2011, I'm glad this is just a delay and nothing like that(at least I hope it is not). If any of you have the time there is some great information on here and some funny stuff too ( like reils49 talking about getting kicked in the groin by some lady lol)
          Last edited by Trey1205; 10-08-2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Trey, can you turn on your pm?

Comment

• It's on now let me know when you send it.
              Last edited by Trey1205; 10-08-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Just sent..

Comment

• I just wanted to post on here to tell all of the potential 204th members this: Keep your head up! This is the BEST job in the world and believe me when I say it was all worth it. Don't ever give up. I imagine there will be an academy sooner than you think because we need more Troopers. Also, you are all so lucky to have people like Empiregrey, jaguar, and reils on here. I would like to post on here more and help you guys out but I just never find time to do it. Don't question them when they give you information and ask if the info is from a 'reliable source.' Just take what they said, believe it if you want, and say thank you.

Also, whoever the person was that said you can beat a suspect with a glock, PLEASE go find a job elsewhere because you won't make it in this agency with that sort of work ethic. You'll be weeded out faster than you think.

Good luck future 204th

Comment

• All of you applicants should read this.

Cop Killer Up For Parole
                    Trooper Emerson J. Dillon, Jr.
                    New York State Police, New York
                    EOW: Thursday, October 24, 1974

Bio & Incident Details
                    Tour: 16 years
                    Badge # 597
                    Cause: Gunfire
                    Incident Date: Thursday, October 24, 1974
                    Weapon: Gun; Unknown type
                    Suspect: Convicted of murder
                    Trooper Emerson Dillon was shot and killed after stopping a suspicious vehicle on the New York State Thruway near Canastota.

Unknown to Trooper Dillon, the two occupants had just committed an armed robbery and were fleeing the scene. Trooper Dillon approached the car and removed one of the suspects. During the ensuing scuffle the second occupant exited the car and shot Trooper Dillon. Before he died Trooper Dillon was able to return fire, striking the suspect vehicle as it fled.

Two suspects were apprehended later that day. A third suspect was apprehended the following day in New York City. The suspect who shot Trooper Dillon was convicted of second degree murder and sentenced to life in prison. One of the other two suspects died in prison while serving a 25-year sentence.

Trooper Dillon was assigned to Troop T and had served with the agency for 16 years. He was survived by his wife and six children.

This scumbag, whose name I will repeat only in hopes of keeping him incarcerated until his dying day, is up for parole, again. Please, lets do our part to keep him where he belongs. Trooper Dillon's widow spent 39 years as a fighting to keep her husbands killers in prison. She raised 6 children, and grand-children without her high school sweet heart beside her. sadly she has passed since the last parole board hearing for her husbands killer.

Since being incarcerated, Trooper Dillon's killer has written letters stating that Trooper Dillon was partially responsible for his own death by performing his sworn duties as NY State Trooper.

If you would like to submit a letter of opposition to the Board of Parole online, please visit its website by clicking on the following link:
                    https://www.parole.ny.gov/boardletters/forminput.jsp

After you fill out your personal information, you will see fields for “Din,” “Inmate Name” and “Subject of Your Email.” Here is what you will type in:
                    Din: 75C0385 (it’s a “zero” after the “C”)
                    Inmate Last Name: Ruzas
                    Inmate First Name: John
                    Subject of Your Email: Letter of Opposition
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Would SP postpone processing for another class in an event like this or do they continue in anticipation of a future class? I would think they postpone it to avail their resources for when 204 is ready to go. Not sure if anyone has this knowledge but it was a question that sparked my curiosity. Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

• Has anybody heard anything at all about when the academy might start back up(good or bad). Ran into a trooper the other day and asked him if he knew or heard anything, but all he knew it was postponed. I know only few people have that information but had to ask was hoping I would get lucky with good info.
                        Last edited by Trey1205; 10-15-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• I recently spoke to my investigator and he told me there will be a class in April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by CO123 View Post
                            I recently spoke to my investigator and he told me there will be a class in April

CO123 - did you initiate contact with your investigator or did he/she reach out to you?

Thank you

Comment

• He reached out to me the day before I received the letter that the academy class was postponed

Comment

• Originally posted by CO123 View Post
                                I recently spoke to my investigator and he told me there will be a class in April

He probably meant to say we hope there will be a class in April. We were going to have a class in October too. As you learned with the October class things change one day to the next.
                                In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7397 users online. 352 members and 7045 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X