Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got mine today too. yeah it is a bummer just means more time to train and also more time to spend with the family. We have waited this long a couple more months will not hurt. I actually think about it, for the People who processed in May we would not be as far as we are now if It was not for failure of most of the group in March. So we are lucky we are even in the position we are in now.

Comment

• Stay out of trouble and keep your heads in the game!
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
        Got mine today too. yeah it is a bummer just means more time to train and also more time to spend with the family. We have waited this long a couple more months will not hurt. I actually think about it, for the People who processed in May we would not be as far as we are now if It was not for failure of most of the group in March. So we are lucky we are even in the position we are in now.
        Haven't received anything yet, though I'm one of the people that didn't get invited to medical. I totally agree with you Trey1205 and feel very lucky to have been called up for May processing as I thought that I wouldn't be processed till late fall. I feel very blessed to be where I currently am in the process and are just awaiting the next step. Continuing to train hard and keep in shape, hopefully will hear something in the near future.
        NYSP
        Score: 97.x

Comment

• spend the time with your families as much as you can. Once you start the academy its going to be a long 6 months

Comment

• Originally posted by Jones221 View Post
            spend the time with your families as much as you can. Once you start the academy its going to be a long 6 months
            This is very true. The excitement of landing the job gets quickly replaced by weekly gut wrenching dread.

Comment

• this is how it works: you get the letter you will be excited till the day you get to that parking lot, your life will change im mostly talking about non military guys here. Crazy as it sounds some people get a offer but dont show up because they realize how tough it will be and how they might even have to move. Im talking about Troop A, L, and NYC

Comment

• It amazes me that somebody would take this job and then quit because they realize they are going have to move (and it probably happens more often than not). At least eventually you could get Back or close to home. My family realizes if I get this we could get put 6-7 hours away from home but they are supportive of it. The good thing is I have heard that They are getting getting back to troop A faster than they have ever have before. it was like 3-4 year wait now it's less than half that(don't know if that's true or not just going on what i have been told).
                Last edited by Trey1205; 10-02-2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• i am troop L but live with my parents i am looking forward to moving out having my own place for cheap as hell upstate and be comfortable.

Comment

• some people just cant handle the paramilitary standard. when you are in the academy you will see people quit in front of you

Comment

It amazes me that somebody would take this job and then quit because they realize they are going have to move (and it probably happens more often than not). At least eventually you could get Back or close to home. My family realizes if I get this we could get put 6-7 hours away from home but they are supportive of it. The good thing is I have heard that They are getting getting back to troop A faster than they have ever have before. it was like 3-4 year wait now it's less than half that(don't know if that's true or not just going on what i have been told).
                      We had a guy graduate a few classes ago, make it through FTO, and then get assigned up in B troop. One day showed up at a station downstate with all his gear in a box, told the desk man "I am Trooper X, I work up in B troop. Here is my stuff, I quit." I don't get it, but it happenes.
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• one of my friends family member was a nypd officer, he went through the whole process, academy, fto. After that he left and came back to the nypd. He said he just couldnt live upstate. So it goes to show you

Comment

• that just amazes me.All of that hard work just to quit. So many of us would kill for that position

Comment

• So with NYS canceling the October class I would say there is a slim chance for November/December. I know it's hard to say when the next one is but could it be possible For January or would it more March/April because of budget reasons?

Comment

So with NYS canceling the October class I would say there is a slim chance for November/December. I know it's hard to say when the next one is but could it be possible For January or would it more March/April because of budget reasons?
                              Just wait for the next year fiscal budget. Hopefully then I can start my process.

Comment

• Originally posted by crosby87 View Post
                                Hey everyone. Super bummed out about this speed bump, especially after getting to try on all the different uniform pieces! Just trying to stay positive and focused on improving my fitness levels.

I was curious if anyone knows or can tell me how far out troopers are scheduled? Is it a month ahead or just a few weeks? My hopes are that they delayed the start by a month or two and didn't want to let their resources sit around waiting for an academy to start. Any and all feedback is appreciated.
                                Each schedule is two pay periods, so four weeks. Each station is different as far as how far out the schedule goes. The Sgts at each station do that station's schedules. Usually you know the one you are on and the next one out but sometimes Sgt fall behind and the one your working is the only one you have and other times you might have the current one plus the next couple. The schedules also have different status as well. There are posted, submitted, worksheet so looking at a schedule today doesn't mean it will be the same the next day or the day of. Schedules get changed on a daily basis so they could change it without notice. However when you have time to plan it is always nice to be able to make schedule changes at the beginning of the 4 week schedule to avoid issues with hours work when you go from 12 hours to 8 hours. So No the schedules really won't give you an idea at this point about the next academy.

Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
                                Yea I agree, trying on the uniforms was pretty cool. But I feel that their budget won't change that much within a month or 2. I feel that they have to wait until they get their 2016 budget.

And for the troopers that teach the academy I would think that they mostly all live around Albany. Because I doubt that they would live by the academy for 6 months because why would they want to leave their family's every time there is a class.
                                Troopers assigned to the Academy get a take home transport car and are assigned from all over the state. You have permanent academy staff but the majority of ATOs and instructors are TDY from their home troops and are still a number at their home station.When there is not academy you go back to your station. When I went through the instructors who come up for firearms, SFST, radar etc usually stayed at local hotels and the ATOs stayed in rooms at the Academy so they don't have to drive home each night.
                                In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4518 users online. 244 members and 4274 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X