300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jones221 View Post
    when a class does happen. They will need you to update your background packet and a polygraph. Who knows maybe the class will be some time next year. Some of you guys might not even take it because you landed another sweet job. I met a bunch of nypd guys that took the test and was called after the hiring freeze, some of them went to the academy but most of them didnt go. They didnt want to move.
    I started the process for the FBI the same time I started the process with the NYSP. Even with how long our process took I didn't even get a call to test for the FBI until I was in the third month of our academy. I politely declined and have never looked back. Timing is everything. You might get offered a job tomorrow and take it just for something to do while you wait for the NYSP to call and then when the call comes you realize you're already happy where you're at. There are tons of great jobs in LE don't turn one down waiting for another. The one you turn down might turn out better for you than the one you're waiting on.
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• The last academy that graduated had 242 selected and only 230 that showed. So if you look at it people always change there mind last minute. I feel like most of the people that dont show are the ones that live in nyc or long island because they know its quiet a wait to get back to there home town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jones221 View Post
        The last academy that graduated had 242 selected and only 230 that showed. So if you look at it people always change there mind last minute. I feel like most of the people that dont show are the ones that live in nyc or long island because they know its quiet a wait to get back to there home town.
        A few more always seem to change their minds after the first night too.
        In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
          or they wont come back after the first weekend

Comment

Last edited by Prospect07; 09-23-2015, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• I have not heard anything. I do not think they will contact anyone until they have a date set for the academy. Have they ever postponed an academy as this one was and had one the following month. So what are the chances they could have it in November or December or would they just wait till new year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
                The first night is very welcoming. They even offer to carry your bag. I would hate to be a backfill and miss the experience...

Comment

• Update on October Class

All,

As we know the odds for the postponement of the October class are high, based on word of mouth and the forum.

MHU will be sending out information regarding what is going on, and where we stand with the process. (source: MHU)

I Speculate these notices are not out yet bc of the possibility of a class still happening(my wishful thinking).

Time will tell.

Good luck to us all

Comment

• Bonus: more time to train physically and we don't miss hunting season. Lemons in to lemonade my friends.

Comment

• I wonder when they will send those letters out( would be nice if they didn't and decided to have an academy). I was reading around pages 195ish and in the past they had an academy start in November/December and some of them (one of them being Reils49) that got invited did not receive it Until 11/21 and they had to report on 11/30. So let keep our fingers crossed and let's hope they say yes to either November or December.

Comment

• Speculate all day....but the FACT is there is NO ACADEMY. All Academy staff was sent back to their respective troops and are back on their regular rotation. That place is now a ghost town. Possibly look for something late winter/early spring. Stay out of trouble and keep up with your physical training. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Comment

• Hey everyone. Super bummed out about this speed bump, especially after getting to try on all the different uniform pieces! Just trying to stay positive and focused on improving my fitness levels.

I was curious if anyone knows or can tell me how far out troopers are scheduled? Is it a month ahead or just a few weeks? My hopes are that they delayed the start by a month or two and didn't want to let their resources sit around waiting for an academy to start. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Comment

• Yea I agree, trying on the uniforms was pretty cool. But I feel that their budget won't change that much within a month or 2. I feel that they have to wait until they get their 2016 budget.

And for the troopers that teach the academy I would think that they mostly all live around Albany. Because I doubt that they would live by the academy for 6 months because why would they want to leave their family's every time there is a class.
                            Last edited by bigmitch123; 09-30-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Just got the official postponement letter in the mail today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did the letter say anything about the next anticipated class or just saying it has been postponed?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5782 users online. 312 members and 5470 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X