300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
    For any current trooper on here could you tell me since the academy is getting put on hold, What do we do when the academy is going to start again? I have heard that they will update our backgrounds, do we do the medical and poly again, any insight will help thank you.
    yes any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
      yes any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
      Much of this will depend on how much time elapses between now and when the next academy starts. The way it stands now the October class is cancelled. This is not rumor or assumption. The troopers who are TDY to the academy as instructors are returning to their home stations. So that's actual action that is a result of no class. Now as far as the next class the way I understand it at this point no one in the SP has the answer to that because no decisions have been made. Therefore it would be very hard to give accurate answers as to what is the next step. Sorry.

After reading the last few pages I feel like I've gone back in time to when I was waiting. I have so much empathy for you all I feel like I'm on this journey with you. I'm tempted to put a memo in to be an Academy Sgt just to greet you all on your first day…whenever that is. Maybe Reils and I will stand in the driveway of the academy holding up signs with all your screen names like its the airport. We could meet and laugh and then go see how many push-ups you can all do. It will be so much fun.
      Last edited by Empiregrey; 09-20-2015, 10:52 PM.
      In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• I took the exam in 2008 and then there was a 4 year hiring freeze. It wasn't even waiting, I simply forgot I applied and had a whole career doing something else.

Comment

• some people waited 5 years to get the job when the hiring freeze happen. try to join another agency for the time if you could. You could be like my childhood friend who moved to canada and now makes good money in Ontario provinces

Comment

• Thats exactly what im doing. Ive got my poly and physical set up for PA state police.
            Last edited by Dbthor14; 09-19-2015, 07:23 AM. Reason: Adding

Comment

• Yea true, I'm in the NYC correction process for the January academy Lol

Comment

• Does anybody know if this will be a prolonged hiring freeze or just a delay? Any insight is appreciated.

Comment

• Talked to my friend "who is a trooper" maybe he hasn't heard but he said the academy was suppose to start Oct 12th and he didn't hear it was cancelled and neither did his partner... So I'll wait until I get the letter in the mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSOFMIND View Post
                    Does anybody know if this will be a prolonged hiring freeze or just a delay? Any insight is appreciated.

At this point I don't think it qualifies as either. Again not every trooper knows everything but when you're scheduling troopers assigned to the academy to work the road we've moved past rumors into facts. Now speculating on a hiring freeze or how long of a delay there is going to be would be rumor and speculation because no one has information on that right now. The NYSP did not cancel this class. New York State did.
                    Last edited by Empiregrey; 09-20-2015, 05:58 PM.
                    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Thank you.

Comment

• Thank you for the information Empiregrey. Could it be possible for NYS to say no academy in October and say yes for one start in November or December? Or would they likely wait till 2016 along with the new budget.

Comment

• Originally posted by afang5439 View Post
                          Talked to my friend "who is a trooper" maybe he hasn't heard but he said the academy was suppose to start Oct 12th and he didn't hear it was cancelled and neither did his partner... So I'll wait until I get the letter in the mail.
                          Keep the faith!

Last edited by jaguarshark; 09-19-2015, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• when a class does happen. They will need you to update your background packet and a polygraph. Who knows maybe the class will be some time next year. Some of you guys might not even take it because you landed another sweet job. I met a bunch of nypd guys that took the test and was called after the hiring freeze, some of them went to the academy but most of them didnt go. They didnt want to move.

Comment

• Just imagine how happy & excited we would all be if we recieve a call from home saying.... Hey a large yellow envelope came in the mail for you, any idea what it is

Yea, back to reality.

Comment

• That would defiantly make my day. But like you said back to reality. Going off what jones221 said about people finding other jobs and sticking with them it's going to shrink the number of candidates eligible for ths academy even more. So if you think about it with that happening, people still getting DQ there might not be a whole lot of people left from the pool of people that attended the medical(285 I heard). I wonder how many people were left that didn't get into the last academy that were possibly going to be in this one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13589 users online. 499 members and 13090 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X