Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing that post makes me want to eat pizza rolls again and take a couple weeks off my diet....

Hope we get letters soon, until then we should all keep training, no one wants to be that guy in the academy

Comment

• Well if it plays true like the other classes letters should be mailed out At the end of this week or the beginning of next week. If we don't get anything in a week or two than the fall class is looking very slim.

Comment

• so depressing because i actually had to quit my job in a different country to make the medical thinking their would be a fall academy

looks like ill need to find a new job in the meantime
        Last edited by emlaxstar9; 09-17-2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Don't give up hope yet. Nothing's set in stone

Comment

• Like afang said nothing set yet. If someone is from troop G, the troop recruiter said email her and she will let you know what she knows or has heard about the upcoming academy. I'll give my guy a shout and see if he knows anything.

Comment

• The unfortunate truth is that these things are always changing. This truth about class dates, sizes and the overall budget is actually known by very few people. By the time that information becomes rumor at the road level the information could very likely have already changed. I've said this before but it needs to be repeated; just because an individual is a sworn member doesn't mean they have knowledge on all things pertaining to the NYSP. I'm not requesting a transfer right now so I don't follow the academy news with any interest. There could be a delay or cancellation and I would never know.

Believe me when I say I understand the stress. There was a three month delay from when my recruiter told me I would start and I actually started. That was three months with a wife and no job; not fun. I know when you are going through the process this is absolutely the most important thing going on your life. You are asked to basically put your life on hold and make huge sacrifices and decisions with very little information. But in your quest to find more info don't let your stress grow with every rumor.

It sucks but the reality is from the inside you are a set of numbers that have to be balanced against the budget and the overall needs of the state. Nobody making these decisions has their whole life on hold and really can't relate so they are not sending updates to the field every 5 minutes.

The fact is the mindset has always been if you want this bad enough you will be waiting when your number is called. To be frank yes it is entirely possible that the NYSP would hold a medical on a Saturday and Sunday only to find out the class' funding was cut on Monday. So the medical is not really proof of anything.

You are in a process that you have very little control over. You will drive yourselves crazy worrying about the things that go on in Bldg 22. What you need to do is worry about your fitness, diet and keeping your driving record clean. Enjoy the time you have with your family now because in this rush to get to the Academy don't lose sight of the fact that you will be pretty much removed from your entire life for six months.

Relax the NYSP has been around for 98 years, it's not going anywhere, I promise there will be another Academy.
              In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Anyone hear anything from their recruiters regarding October class? Please share any info received

Comment

• Originally posted by CO123 View Post
                  Anyone hear anything from their recruiters regarding October class? Please share any info received
                  The October class is not happening. 100%

Academy troopers got sent back to their stations.
                  Last edited by jaguarshark; 09-18-2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Well that's not good news.

Comment

• Well if Governer Cuomo want to raise the taxes for this year a couple of dollars im willing to pay in so we can have an academy lol. Maybe we can start one of those fund me websites like people do raise to money for certain things.

Comment

• Well jaguarshark is correct the academy in October is cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
                          Well jaguarshark is correct the academy in October is cancelled.
                          You heard back from your recruiter?

Comment

• No I trust my source though, I would not be the one to say something if it was not true, especially since my life is on hold like many people on here. All I can say is keep training men and women the time will come. We have waited this long a couple more months is nothing.
                            Last edited by Trey1205; 09-18-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• For any current trooper on here could you tell me since the academy is getting put on hold, What do we do when the academy is going to start again? I have heard that they will update our backgrounds, do we do the medical and poly again, any insight will help thank you.

Comment

• So this means we shouldn't be expecting a post medical packet I'm assuming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7418 users online. 417 members and 7001 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X