300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nybaseball5 View Post
    I'm assuming if we didn't get an invite for medical, we will not be in for this up coming class? Is it safe to say we are good for the next class?

I would say yes that's an accurate statement. Good luck!

Comment

• After completion of the medical does anyone have an inkling of what the criteria may be for further selection? It would seem odd for a significant amount to be dropped for medical reasons considering we have all gone through the medical questionnaires earlier in the process. I'm sure a few guys/ladies had a change in their medical status but there couldn't have been enough to disq. hundreds of people. Is it strictly rank order at this point?

Comment

• There was an earlier post of someone saying that 500 were invited to the medical and a trooper said that 285 showed for the medical on Saturday. The trooper also stated not everyone's background has been reviewed yet so there could still be multiple people Who get Disqualified (which I know a guy that happened too last year). So between that and medical there still could be many people disqualified. But i cannot answer your question on criteria, I would like to say they choose based on your rank but I'm not too sure. Hopefully someone with more knowledge about it can give you the answer to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHI2NY View Post
          After completion of the medical does anyone have an inkling of what the criteria may be for further selection? It would seem odd for a significant amount to be dropped for medical reasons considering we have all gone through the medical questionnaires earlier in the process. I'm sure a few guys/ladies had a change in their medical status but there couldn't have been enough to disq. hundreds of people. Is it strictly rank order at this point?
          Like Trey said, it sounded like under 300 RSVP'd or showed, not sure which. Plenty didn't show, many may defer, and several candidate applications are still being reviewed. I believe just from these factors they'll have their class number plus some backfills. Once they are done disqualifying candidates I'm pretty sure they go in rank order.

Comment

After completion of the medical does anyone have an inkling of what the criteria may be for further selection? It would seem odd for a significant amount to be dropped for medical reasons considering we have all gone through the medical questionnaires earlier in the process. I'm sure a few guys/ladies had a change in their medical status but there couldn't have been enough to disq. hundreds of people. Is it strictly rank order at this point?
            Unless they find something to DQ you, it's pretty much rank at this point. Rank determines seniority within your class too.

Comment

• So when is everyone thinking we will get our invites?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbthor14 View Post
                So when is everyone thinking we will get our invites?
                Anyone's guess is just that, a guess. Previous posts on this thread point to the upcoming week. In the past they have been sent out the week/Friday after the medical was completed. Then again you never know... So, every timeline can only add to the speculation.

I hope its soon because I'm running out of hobbies to keep my mind off of it.
                Last edited by Prospect07; 09-16-2015, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Hopefully we get them soon.. Nothing like being in suspense.

What's everyone's mile and a half times?

Anyone have any crazy workout plans they would like to share?

Comment

• This question is primarily for any LEO who has had to uproot but I welcome input from anyone.

I currently own a home just outside of Albany with my wife and 2 kids that I have been attempting to sell for about 8 months now with little luck. Now that the final medical is done, I doubt that I can sell this house prior to an Academy start. I know getting stationed in Troop G is out of the question fresh out of the Academy. I'm wondering if and how any of you have handled being stationed a considerable distance away from a home that you own before being able to sell. Is a multi-hour daily commute feasible (i.e. Albany to Troop A or B). Hoping that there is some option that I've overlooked.

Comment

• I have gotten my 1.5 time down to 10:20(ran it in 10:50 during processing weekend) but still working hard because I would like to be below 10 when the academy starts( if I get accepted). But for workouts I've have been keeping it simple lots of push-ups sit-ups and other core excercies and also throw in some weight workouts in there.

Comment

• Current classes there have been a number graduates coming to G. Troop selection is based on your test score average of the academy tests. Most of us have taken a ride for a considerable amount of time (me 2 years 1hr 30 min commute) and yes I have a house and family. If you want it bad enough you will figure it out. Fyi I wouldn't worry about being sent to Troop A or L very very slim chance of that. So if you get in study hard score good and it shouldn't be to bad for you.

QUOTE=CHI2NY;3733620]This question is primarily for any LEO who has had to uproot but I welcome input from anyone.

I currently own a home just outside of Albany with my wife and 2 kids that I have been attempting to sell for about 8 months now with little luck. Now that the final medical is done, I doubt that I can sell this house prior to an Academy start. I know getting stationed in Troop G is out of the question fresh out of the Academy. I'm wondering if and how any of you have handled being stationed a considerable distance away from a home that you own before being able to sell. Is a multi-hour daily commute feasible (i.e. Albany to Troop A or B). Hoping that there is some option that I've overlooked.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• For your question CHI2NY, getting placed out of the academy in troop G is not impossible. From the recent class there was 18 who got placed there. So I would say try to be top in the class so you can pick first. As for someone like me who is from troop A it's impossible to get placed there out of the academy it's always closed amd takes sometime to get transferred back there. Hope this helps you out so you don't stress to much about selling your house.

Comment

This question is primarily for any LEO who has had to uproot but I welcome input from anyone.

I currently own a home just outside of Albany with my wife and 2 kids that I have been attempting to sell for about 8 months now with little luck. Now that the final medical is done, I doubt that I can sell this house prior to an Academy start. I know getting stationed in Troop G is out of the question fresh out of the Academy. I'm wondering if and how any of you have handled being stationed a considerable distance away from a home that you own before being able to sell. Is a multi-hour daily commute feasible (i.e. Albany to Troop A or B). Hoping that there is some option that I've overlooked.
                            Most of us travel at some point in their careers. Whether it be your initial assignment, taking a promotion, teaching at the academy, or a manhunt, it's part of the job. The guys I came on with, (the last class prior to the hiring freeze) were stuck for 4 years as new guys, with no transfers. Some guys had a tough time living in the station for that long. Nobody has a chrystal ball to say when or where transfers happen, you just have to be ready to play the lotto. It's part of the game.
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

This question is primarily for any LEO who has had to uproot but I welcome input from anyone.

Getting G out of the Academy is not impossible, it's just really unlikely. Many of my buddies have commutes over 1.5 hrs. With the schedule we have it's not terrible being far from home, since you're working 2 days in a row most of the time. So stay over 1 night at the barracks (most barracks have bunks) then go home after the 2nd day.

Also there are plenty of stations reasonably close to Albany in Troop B, C, F, or K. I have guys in my class who live in Albany but stayed working in upper F and upper K.

You'll probably get your home station in a year or two which is better than NYC/LI guys who currently have around a 3+ year wait.

Comment

• I don't know of too many people (maybe not any) who actually moved for the job alone. It's called "taking a ride" and it's one of the "perks" of working for a state agency. I was actually working less than 5 miles from my house when I took an opportunity that was 120 miles away. Never moved. I'm back now. It's doable. Live where you want to live and raise your family NOT where the job puts you. You'll get home soon enough.
                                In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5019 users online. 230 members and 4789 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X