300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ilovelamp View Post
    I was thinking that earlier today how quiet its been. I've probably read and re-read this whole thread 3 times. During the last couple days, I've gone back as for as 2013 to pick up any information I could about the medical on Saturday and what to expect after the medical. I didn't want to be that guy in Polo, Khakis and dress shoes while everyone else is wearing dress pants, button down and a tie. As of late, this thread hasn't been as active as previous classes. I'm as much to blame as anyone else. Lets keep this thread going and be more active with posting. Anyway, what are you guys wearing for your casual business attire?
    I'll be wearing black pants, button down and a tie also. See everyone Saturday, last step in the process and we're all in! Then I'm sure this thread will be very active before the academy starts.

Comment

• I am also wearing black dress pants and button up and tie. I am really getting excited for this next chapter to start!!!!!

Comment

• sorry if this has been asked fellas, but what does the medical consist of on saturday? very curious. Also i will be wearing a button down with tie as well as black dress pants.

Comment

• Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
          sorry if this has been asked fellas, but what does the medical consist of on saturday? very curious. Also i will be wearing a button down with tie as well as black dress pants.
          From what I read on this post it's a quick physical with a doctor while a trooper is present and then you fill out paperwork for sizes of PT gear, assuming he gives you the ok. Then your out the door waiting for your acceptance letter.

Comment

• It just like a physical you get by your own doctor. But he might ask a little about medical history and stuff and to make sure your not trying to hide anything. some people say in and out in less than an hour.

Comment

• Make sure all of you break out the purple tie for Saturday lol, I remember seeing somebody posting make sure you wear a purple tie it shows them you really want the job haha. I did see somebody on processing weekend wearing a purple tie (hopefully it was not anybody currently on here lol) and I was just thinking to myself you must be crazy.I wondered if he read that and took it seriously.

Comment

• haha that is awesome if i saw that i would start laughing at the stupidity. I am staying at red roof on wolf road. I stayed there last time and it was a good stay. Glad the medical is nothing crazy. Just got back from Dubai and had to quit my job there for a chance to become a state trooper. Praying it all works out for the best!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
                  I cannot believe how quiet it has been on here. We are 3 days away from the medical and about 1-2 weeks away from finding out if our lives are going to change and there has not really been anybody posting.
                  Not much to talk about, at this point it comes down to patience and completing the medical. I think one can interpret the silence as nervousness for the unknown, no one is guaranteed a spot until that letter inviting you for the 204th is received. I'm sure this thread will be buzzing soon after those who were fortunate enough to receive the invite do.

Good luck to all Saturday, see you in less than 48hrs.

Comment

• After this medical it's gonna be brutal waiting for that letter. I'm on vacation so the wait will probably feel even longer. My mailman is probably going to think I'm crazy because I'll come ripping out of my house when I hear him on the porch, Or maybe when I do my morning run I'll find him and just grab my mail lol.

Comment

• Congrats to all of the ladies and gentlemen that were invited to medical. I really hope that all of you move forward on to the academy and do us proud in joining one of the most elite agency's across the country. I hope to be given the opportunity to be in same position as you for the next academy. Good Luck during the rest of this process. Glad that everyone is finally starting to post on the thread again as it was silent as a mouse prior on here.
                      Last edited by Xstioner; 09-10-2015, 11:37 AM.
                      NYSP
                      Score: 97.x

Comment

• Originally posted by ilovelamp View Post
                        I was thinking that earlier today how quiet its been. I've probably read and re-read this whole thread 3 times. During the last couple days, I've gone back as for as 2013 to pick up any information I could about the medical on Saturday and what to expect after the medical. I didn't want to be that guy in Polo, Khakis and dress shoes while everyone else is wearing dress pants, button down and a tie. As of late, this thread hasn't been as active as previous classes. I'm as much to blame as anyone else. Lets keep this thread going and be more active with posting. Anyway, what are you guys wearing for your casual business attire?
                        The reason they want casual business attire is because you'll be undressing a bit for the medical and they don't want to wait for 100 guys to put their cuff links, ties, vest, pocket watch, pocket square and jacket back on.

Slacks and button down should suffice. I wouldn't worry about appearance too much, this will be the last time you'll see troopers without yelling, weeping and gnashing of teeth.
                        Last edited by jaguarshark; 09-10-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
                          The reason they want casual business attire is because you'll be undressing a bit for the medical and they don't want to wait for 100 guys to put their cuff links, ties, vest, pocket watch, pocket square and jacket back on.

Slacks and button down should suffice. I wouldn't worry about appearance too much, this will be the last time you'll see troopers without yelling, weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Thank you for the information. Myself and many others appreciate the sworn members on this thread, who take the time out of their day, that supply us with helpful information during this process.
                          Last edited by ilovelamp; 09-10-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Quick question about physical tests. Getting the time limit for running has been my weakest aspect. Endurance is not the problem but just the time is. In the academy I understand there are physical tests. How are you graded? Is it like other academies where you must pass a certain percentage of physical portions over time in order to graduate? Or if you don't get your run at a certain time you are terminated?

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc0487 View Post
                              Quick question about physical tests. Getting the time limit for running has been my weakest aspect. Endurance is not the problem but just the time is. In the academy I understand there are physical tests. How are you graded? Is it like other academies where you must pass a certain percentage of physical portions over time in order to graduate? Or if you don't get your run at a certain time you are terminated?
                              The best answer I'm willing to give you: It's a state police Academy. It's mentally tough as much as it is physically tough. Mentally prepare your body to pass the physical tests.

Asking stuff like "what if I fail?" is just nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc0487 View Post
                                Quick question about physical tests. Getting the time limit for running has been my weakest aspect. Endurance is not the problem but just the time is. In the academy I understand there are physical tests. How are you graded? Is it like other academies where you must pass a certain percentage of physical portions over time in order to graduate? Or if you don't get your run at a certain time you are terminated?
                                You are going to have to hit the 70th percentile by the last PT test in order to graduate. You will be tested several times throughout the academy. Failing to hit certain percentiles will not get you kicked out, but it will result in extra PT and unwanted attention. The academy is hard enough, so anything extra will make it that much more difficult. In the end, if you are working hard and pushing yourself past your comfort zone, you will not have a problem. Remember, 70th percentile is not the goal! Aim to be the best!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9595 users online. 440 members and 9155 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X