Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybe April or May

    Comment


    • Officially a week away from the medical and another week closer to finding out, now this is getting exciting.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
        A Glock is not a 1911. Other than being a semi-auto pistol a Glock and a 1911 have almost nothing in common. Telling someone to get used to a 1911 because they are going to be issued a Glock is like telling someone to get used to an AK because they'll be getting an AR. There is so much wrong with this statement it makes me believe you have never handled either. But But But they both have a barrel, a trigger and are magazine feed through the pistol grip they must be the same. FAIL



        The NYSP switched from 9mm to 45 GAP basically 9 years ago. If you are processing NOW why are you talking like you have been with the NYSP for 9 years? Furthermore the 45 calibre that the 1911 uses is the 45 ACP the Glock 37, 38 and 39 uses the 45 GAP so not only are the platforms completely different but so are the rounds. There is about 20 other things wrong with this quote to include the Glock being built on a 1911 frame.



        WTF? Why are you talking about beating suspects with your weapon? Is this suppose to be impressing someone? This is not the type of statement I would want to see from someone representing the NYSP let alone someone still attempting to get on with the NYSP. Again anyone with a Glock 37 wouldn't call it a .45 caliber they would call it a .45 GAP.



        Wait why are you worried about processing when you've been around since we had the 9mm? Here is a tip for you: Never lie, make stuff up, or talk out your *** about the NYSP in front of a sworn member; we don't suffer fools gracefully. I wish I knew who your Background Investigator is I'd love to show him how you can beat a suspect with your Glock.
        I dont normally follow this thread and have no idea why I clicked on this one. But this whole entry right here had me laughing and spitting out my Mike and Ikes........ a Glock on a 1911 frame.........

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
          A Glock is not a 1911. Other than being a semi-auto pistol a Glock and a 1911 have almost nothing in common. Telling someone to get used to a 1911 because they are going to be issued a Glock is like telling someone to get used to an AK because they'll be getting an AR. There is so much wrong with this statement it makes me believe you have never handled either. But But But they both have a barrel, a trigger and are magazine feed through the pistol grip they must be the same. FAIL



          The NYSP switched from 9mm to 45 GAP basically 9 years ago. If you are processing NOW why are you talking like you have been with the NYSP for 9 years? Furthermore the 45 calibre that the 1911 uses is the 45 ACP the Glock 37, 38 and 39 uses the 45 GAP so not only are the platforms completely different but so are the rounds. There is about 20 other things wrong with this quote to include the Glock being built on a 1911 frame.



          WTF? Why are you talking about beating suspects with your weapon? Is this suppose to be impressing someone? This is not the type of statement I would want to see from someone representing the NYSP let alone someone still attempting to get on with the NYSP. Again anyone with a Glock 37 wouldn't call it a .45 caliber they would call it a .45 GAP.



          Wait why are you worried about processing when you've been around since we had the 9mm? Here is a tip for you: Never lie, make stuff up, or talk out your *** about the NYSP in front of a sworn member; we don't suffer fools gracefully. I wish I knew who your Background Investigator is I'd love to show him how you can beat a suspect with your Glock.
          ***Crickets***
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

          Comment


          • I cannot believe how quiet it has been on here. We are 3 days away from the medical and about 1-2 weeks away from finding out if our lives are going to change and there has not really been anybody posting.
            Last edited by Trey1205; 09-09-2015, 05:38 PM.

            Comment


            • Cause everyone is just waiting to get the medical over with and then wait for the final OK.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • I get that, I followed the thread when the guys that just finished the academy were on here and they were very active with posting just thought it would be more like that this time around. Now is the medical in the same building that we went to on processing weekend.
                Last edited by Trey1205; 09-09-2015, 06:54 PM.

                Comment


                • I believe so, building 24 the letter says.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Looking forward to this weekend and the near future! See you guys up there!

                    Comment


                    • Congratulations to all that received the medical! You guys/gals are extremely lucky. What do you think is going to happen to the remaining people that have not received the medical? I wonder how many candidates are remaining and if they will even have another class. I would think so because of all the people remaining. Thoughts?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NY1801625 View Post
                        What do you think is going to happen to the remaining people that have not received the medical? I wonder how many candidates are remaining and if they will even have another class. I would think so because of all the people remaining. Thoughts?

                        There will definitely be another NYSP class. When? Nobody knows.

                        There will always be available candidates remaining, that's just how it works.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
                          I cannot believe how quiet it has been on here. We are 3 days away from the medical and about 1-2 weeks away from finding out if our lives are going to change and there has not really been anybody posting.

                          I was thinking that earlier today how quiet its been. I've probably read and re-read this whole thread 3 times. During the last couple days, I've gone back as for as 2013 to pick up any information I could about the medical on Saturday and what to expect after the medical. I didn't want to be that guy in Polo, Khakis and dress shoes while everyone else is wearing dress pants, button down and a tie. As of late, this thread hasn't been as active as previous classes. I'm as much to blame as anyone else. Lets keep this thread going and be more active with posting. Anyway, what are you guys wearing for your casual business attire?
                          Last edited by ilovelamp; 09-09-2015, 09:34 PM.

                          Comment


                          • At least I was not the only person who thought that. I'll be wearing black dress pants button down and tie.

                            Comment


                            • I'm so glad I got a better hotel this time. during the processing weekend I was forced to stay at best western wolf rd, which cost over $300( which was one of the cheaper ones left) for the weekend, between processing weekend and U Albany graduation hotels were all booked up. And there happen to be like a biker rally going on in Albany and it seems liked every biker stayed there and was up to 5am lol.
                              Last edited by Trey1205; 09-09-2015, 10:24 PM.

                              Comment


                              • I booked a hotel for both weekends right on Washington Ave. I figured it was the most convenient place out of all to be staying at. I know for the PAT I did book over a month in advance. Not this weekend. I booked my hotel last night without any problems. Yes, I'll be wearing the same. Looking forward to Saturday!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12240 users online. 433 members and 11807 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X