• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prospect07 View Post
    What was your rank?
    67xx

Comment

• Any response from Member Hiring?

Comment

• By recent post it seems like anybody with the rank 59xx or above didn't receive a medical invite.

Comment

• I wonder if anyone 54xx and above will be invited this October

Comment

• I sure hope so, if 500 is a true number of people they invited to the medical, there will probably be some deferments in there and possibly some DQ's also.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY1801625 View Post
              Any response from Member Hiring?
              I haven't been able to find their contact info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
                I sure hope so, if 500 is a true number of people they invited to the medical, there will probably be some deferments in there and possibly some DQ's also.
                Do you know what the lowest rank number they invited? maybe 32xx?

Comment

• Im 29xx and I will be there on the 12th.

Comment

• One person said they were 700 Ish that's the lowest I have heard of.
                    Last edited by Trey1205; 09-02-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• I'm wondering if all the DQ letters were sent out for both processing weekends. Do you guys think not hearing anything by now is a good sign to be in the next class?

Comment

• I would say yeah they might have just reached a certain rank for the medical between the two processing weekends, but just another thought why would they waste time and money doing your poly and background investigation if they were not going to reach your rank and we're gonna have to do it again in the upcoming months. Just a thought though I highly doubt this just a possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc0487 View Post
                          Do you know what the lowest rank number they invited? maybe 32xx?

Ranked 2589, be there on the 12th Good Luck!

Comment

• What are you talking about!!!

Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
                            A Glock is a 1911.......and it will be your State Contract issued weapon so get used too it....
                            A Glock is not a 1911. Other than being a semi-auto pistol a Glock and a 1911 have almost nothing in common. Telling someone to get used to a 1911 because they are going to be issued a Glock is like telling someone to get used to an AK because they'll be getting an AR. There is so much wrong with this statement it makes me believe you have never handled either. But But But they both have a barrel, a trigger and are magazine feed through the pistol grip they must be the same. FAIL

The Glock is built on a 1911 .45 caliber frame..........I was around when we had 9mm and they were terrible. I would spend twice as much money shooting on my personal time. Since switching to the .45 it has been much more affordable and yields more stopping power......if you aren't on the job yet you'll learn about it at the academy. There is a whole history module that discusses this.
                            The NYSP switched from 9mm to 45 GAP basically 9 years ago. If you are processing NOW why are you talking like you have been with the NYSP for 9 years? Furthermore the 45 calibre that the 1911 uses is the 45 ACP the Glock 37, 38 and 39 uses the 45 GAP so not only are the platforms completely different but so are the rounds. There is about 20 other things wrong with this quote to include the Glock being built on a 1911 frame.

I have a Glock 37 (.45 caliber) I could beat a suspect with it, smack it against a tree and drown it and it would still shoot straight. I love it.
                            WTF? Why are you talking about beating suspects with your weapon? Is this suppose to be impressing someone? This is not the type of statement I would want to see from someone representing the NYSP let alone someone still attempting to get on with the NYSP. Again anyone with a Glock 37 wouldn't call it a .45 caliber they would call it a .45 GAP.

UPDATE

So the NYSP has processed 7,100 candidates according to their website. For the next class, candidates have been processed and are receiving medical invites.

Do most of us assume that processing will resume this September when this new class of candidates begins? Or are we assuming that there is still a backlog of qualified individuals that have exceeded the number of spots available. With disqualification letters being sent we can assume that the NYSP has caught up to the previous processing.
                            Wait why are you worried about processing when you've been around since we had the 9mm? Here is a tip for you: Never lie, make stuff up, or talk out your *** about the NYSP in front of a sworn member; we don't suffer fools gracefully. I wish I knew who your Background Investigator is I'd love to show him how you can beat a suspect with your Glock.
                            Last edited by Empiregrey; 09-03-2015, 12:01 AM.
                            In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Just spoke with Member Hiring. According to the representative I spoke with, my background has not made it's way to them yet. I finished my background in mid-late July. It's possible they haven't reviewed it yet given my rank (67xx), but she (the representative) also stated that even if it were reviewed, my rank would not be reached for this upcoming class. She also said once it is reviewed, I'll receive one of two letters- the NYSP has overprocessed and you will be considered for the next class or a DQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by bc123123 View Post
                                Just spoke with Member Hiring. According to the representative I spoke with, my background has not made it's way to them yet. I finished my background in mid-late July. It's possible they haven't reviewed it yet given my rank (67xx), but she (the representative) also stated that even if it were reviewed, my rank would not be reached for this upcoming class. She also said once it is reviewed, I'll receive one of two letters- the NYSP has overprocessed and you will be considered for the next class or a DQ.
                                Any clue when the next Academy will be held following this Octobers?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7647 users online. 326 members and 7321 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X