300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
    It awesome that the State Troopers carry glocks by far my favorite handgun it would be nice to add a couple to my growing glock family.
    I have a Glock 37 (.45 caliber) I could beat a suspect with it, smack it against a tree and drown it and it would still shoot straight. I love it.

Comment

Last edited by Trey1205; 03-06-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
        A Glock is a 1911.......and it will be your State Contract issued weapon so get used too it....
        Well thats a bold statement... Glock isnt a 1911.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prospect07 View Post
          Well thats a bold statement... Glock isnt a 1911.
          The Glock is built on a 1911 .45 caliber frame..........I was around when we had 9mm and they were terrible. I would spend twice as much money shooting on my personal time. Since switching to the .45 it has been much more affordable and yields more stopping power......if you aren't on the job yet you'll learn about it at the academy. There is a whole history module that discusses this.
          Last edited by UggyPreston; 08-28-2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Has anyone received Medical invites beyond 58xx? anyone receive DQ's yet?

Comment

• Well hopefully we are both fortunate enough to learn about it in the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by schoolsinsession View Post
                Has anyone received Medical invites beyond 58xx? anyone receive DQ's yet?
                People have received disqualification letters, unfortunately for them.

Comment

• UPDATE

So the NYSP has processed 7,100 candidates according to their website. For the next class, candidates have been processed and are receiving medical invites.

Do most of us assume that processing will resume this September when this new class of candidates begins? Or are we assuming that there is still a backlog of qualified individuals that have exceeded the number of spots available. With disqualification letters being sent we can assume that the NYSP has caught up to the previous processing.

Comment

Last edited by Trey1205; 09-03-2015, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• I think they will process another group of people For the spring of 2016 academy. The reason why I'm saying that is, when I was there in May I heard one of the troopers say it looks like we're gonna be back in the fall, I think he was saying that because so many people failed when they processed in May. they invited 2000 I heard only around 1200 showed up and after the PT test there was only 450-500 people left. To continue on in the process. I don't know if this true but this what people were saying. All I do know is tons of people failed the Pt test and that's when they released the statement on there website.

Comment

• Quick questions, if you get backloged to the next academy class do they make you redo the background investigation and the physical and all? or since you already passed the background are you good as long as you don't screw up and get tickets and such?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
                          Quick questions, if you get backloged to the next academy class do they make you redo the background investigation and the physical and all? or since you already passed the background are you good as long as you don't screw up and get tickets and such?
                          If I remember correctly the fitness test results and a few other steps are good up to 1 year. I'm sure they would update backgrounds to make sure candidates stay out of trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
                            I think they will process another group of people For the spring of 2016 academy. The reason why I'm saying that is, when I was there in May I heard one of the troopers say it looks like we're gonna be back in the fall, I think he was saying that because so many people failed when they processed in May. they invited 2000 I heard only around 1200 showed up and after the PT test there was only 450-500 people left. To continue on in the process. I don't know if this true but this what people were saying. All I do know is tons of people failed the Pt test and that's when they released the statement on there website.
                            They held the May processing because of the failure rate at the March processing. Between the two processing weekends I think they will have a full class and a good amount left over. One can only guess how many candidates are left but I would think there will be a good amount backfilled. Given the recent attrition rate I wouldn't doubt more numbers being canvased for the spring.

Comment

• Has anyone received Medical invites beyond 58xx? I am assuming the answer to this is no, being no one has posted. I was in May processing class and Background completed mid July.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
                                Quick questions, if you get backloged to the next academy class do they make you redo the background investigation and the physical and all? or since you already passed the background are you good as long as you don't screw up and get tickets and such?
                                If your backloged you have to do a updated background and a polygraph again

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9179 users online. 391 members and 8788 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X