Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember seeing those when i was waiting to head into the gym. I read one where the guy did 105 push-ups 51 sit-ups in a minute and 1.5 in like 9 minutes

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey1205 View Post
      I remember seeing those when i was waiting to head into the gym. I read one where the guy did 105 push-ups 51 sit-ups in a minute and 1.5 in like 9 minutes
      Then they need to work on their sit-ups and run.
      In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• That's actually really good stats for the run and sit ups...

Comment

I remember seeing those when i was waiting to head into the gym. I read one where the guy did 105 push-ups 51 sit-ups in a minute and 1.5 in like 9 minutes
          By the end of the Academy, unless you really give no effort, you will all do at least 50-50-9min.

Comment

• It just shows where some people are at fitness wise. Some people talk on here about just meeting the minimum standard, yeah it will get you by but it will also get you noticed and not in a good way. I remember before my Processing weekend my recruiter said what ever you do don't be last in the run lol. So if you are just trying to hit 10:47 in the 1.5 you might be the last one finishing.

Comment

It just shows where some people are at fitness wise. Some people talk on here about just meeting the minimum standard, yeah it will get you by but it will also get you noticed and not in a good way. I remember before my Processing weekend my recruiter said what ever you do don't be last in the run lol. So if you are just trying to hit 10:47 in the 1.5 you might be the last one finishing.

Performing at the minimum in this job could get you or someone else killed. Always strive for your best. If you want to operate at the minimum than go make minimum wage. This isn't the job to "get by". I happened to be a huge supporter of the physical standards, if you wan't to be overweight and take the easy route than go work security for $12 per hour, if you want to strive to be the best and exceed expectations and make a difference, come work for the NYSP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
                Then they need to work on their sit-ups and run.
                Yeah nothing like burning energy on 105 pushups that aren't necessary.....nobody is impressed by that. Crank out 60 pushups and reserve the energy to improve situps.....I can do 65 situps in a minute at 5'11 165lbs with a little belly so this guy must be all upper body..

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
                  Performing at the minimum in this job could get you or someone else killed. Always strive for your best. If you want to operate at the minimum than go make minimum wage. This isn't the job to "get by". I happened to be a huge supporter of the physical standards, if you wan't to be overweight and take the easy route than go work security for $12 per hour, if you want to strive to be the best and exceed expectations and make a difference, come work for the NYSP!
                  You could have not said it Better, I'm not where you are in my sit-ups my best is 49 in a minute buts that's with starting the timer myself then going, push ups are easy but like you said no reason to do a hundred your not going to impress anyone and my 1.5 is down too 10:20 but that's with some incline running on my route. if I am fortunate to gain the position of A Trooper I would like to be under 10 before the start of the academy.

Comment

• One question I have is, does the academy always start the first week of the month. So the medical is the 12th. The letters should be sent out the Thursday or Friday of the next week so you could possibly know if you are in around the 21st and you would have to report to the academy the 4th of October. Or have they started the academy in the middle or end of the month.

Comment

• I believe if you give member hiring a call they can have an proximate date for you. (That's the number that you have to call to confirm that you will be at the medical) if anyone finds out the approximate start date please share here.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
                        I believe if you give member hiring a call they can have an proximate date for you. (That's the number that you have to call to confirm that you will be at the medical) if anyone finds out the approximate start date please share here.
                        Chances are wk 2. Info not from MHU.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc0487 View Post
                          That's actually really good stats for the run and sit ups...
                          The top person in each class for PT is awarded a Glock. I finished 3rd in my class with much better scores in those two categories. My point was if that person wants to be number one they are going to have to pick it up.
                          In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
                            The top person in each class for PT is awarded a Glock. I finished 3rd in my class with much better scores in those two categories. My point was if that person wants to be number one they are going to have to pick it up.
                            A Glock I wish it were a Beretta or a 1911 then again... I like Glock too.

Incentive or not we should all strive for the top spot

Comment

• Originally posted by Prospect07 View Post
                              A Glock I wish it were a Beretta or a 1911 then again... I like Glock too.

Incentive or not we should all strive for the top spot

A Glock is a 1911.......and it will be your State Contract issued weapon so get used too it....

Comment

• It awesome that the State Troopers carry glocks by far my favorite handgun it would be nice to add a couple to my growing glock family.
                                Last edited by Trey1205; 08-27-2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11460 users online. 414 members and 11046 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X