• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • afang5439
    Forum Member
    • May 2015

Originally posted by bigmitch123
    But is pt once a day or twice a day?
    From what my friend said be prepared to do a lot of burpees everyday I mean a lot.... And push ups. He said the top 15% of the class only does pt three times a week while the rest of the class does PT twice a day. Normally there is no time to shower it's just like boot camp for those who went. Wake up and you have 10 minutes to get ready including cleaning your room shower shave make bed hospital corner style. I consider it a para military organization and yes they salute. If you haven't just start running doing burpees without the push-up and push-ups

Comment

• Trey1205
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Raiden567
      Has anyone from May processing or around rank 6k received there med letter
      Rank 58xx and processed in May I received my med letter last Monday when most people started to receive theirs. Based on what I have read in previous post the medical is just like a physical you get by your doctor and will ask about surgeries or anything else you may have and I don't think you do any push ups and etc if they wanted you to do that they would ask you to bring PT gear I would think but not 100% sure.

A question I have for anybody who has been through the academy, when does medical insurance kick in, I know this question was asked in a previous age but I do not think anyone answered but I might have missed it, any info on this would be helpful thank you.
      Last edited by Trey1205; 08-24-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• NY1801625
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2015

Hello all. Long time follower, first time poster. I am also waiting for the medical letter from processing in May ranked around 6,800. There isn’t much news on here about someone getting a DQ letter, do you think that those letters are over? Also, Do you think a rank such as mine will be reached for this class or most likely be put into the next class if I receive the medical? Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

• MSchwandt
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2015

Trey you're the first I've read on here that received their med invite and processed in May. What troop are you located in?

Comment

• rl0089
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by MSchwandt
            Trey you're the first I've read on here that received their med invite and processed in May. What troop are you located in?
            I processed in May and received my letter. Posted last week. 54xx Troop L

My best guess is they have a set number of recruits they invite to the medical and they stop at whatever rank meets that number.

Comment

• MSchwandt
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by rl0089
              I processed in May and received my letter. Posted last week. 54xx Troop L

My best guess is they have a set number of recruits they invite to the medical and they stop at whatever rank meets that number.
              I actually just received mine in the mail believe it or not. 57xx Troop A. Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• Trey1205
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by MSchwandt
                I'm in troop A and I know another person who processed with me that is in A and ranked where I am that got there med invite too.
                Last edited by Trey1205; 08-24-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• J.kopcza
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Trey1205
                  I'm in troop A and I know another person who processed with me that is in A and ranked where I am that got there med invite too.
                  Anyone in the early 6,xxx receive a medical invite? What does the medical consist of? Does it talk about another pt test like push-ups, sit-ups, run?

Comment

• Trey1205
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2015

If you read from page 412 and on the guys that are in the academy now talk about how the medical was. I don't think there is any PT, one person posted that you just get fitted for PT gear meet with the doc and sign paper work.

Comment

• Xstioner
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by J.kopcza
                      Anyone in the early 6,xxx receive a medical invite? What does the medical consist of? Does it talk about another pt test like push-ups, sit-ups, run?
                      I am also wondering if anyone in the low 6,xxx received an med invite yet? Patiently waiting and hoping to get mine soon.
                      NYSP
                      Score: 97.x

Comment

• Trey1205
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2015

I have not heard or read of anyone in the 6,000 plus range that has received there med invite yet, but they seem to be sent out at different times as some people are still receiving there's as of yesterday.

Comment

• nyc0487
                          Forum Member
                          • Aug 2015

Are there physical tests in the academy? As in such as for example, timed running for a certain mileage? Or is the running always just with the group, not timed but always keep up with each other?

Comment

• Dbthor14
                            Forum Member
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by nyc0487
                            Are there physical tests in the academy? As in such as for example, timed running for a certain mileage? Or is the running always just with the group, not timed but always keep up with each other?
                            From what I've heard, the 3rd or 4th day you do a PT test and then about 3-4 other times throughout the 6 months.

Comment

• Trey1205
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2015

I do believe the academy that is in now graduates this week. I hope some of them hop back on here so they can give us any insight or tips for the academy.

Comment

• rl0089
                                Forum Member
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by nyc0487
                                In the hallway we waited to enter the gym in during the processing week they had fitness results from what I assume were academy recruits and their percentiles. You need to test in the 70th percentile or higher by the end of the academy to graduate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12263 users online. 75 members and 12188 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...