300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
    Anyone know how long it takes to transfer to Troop areas C, D, & E ?

Also, a friend who is looking to take the test wants to know if he will be turned down during processing for a history of high cholesterol?
    According to Fucco this is the time period for every troop.
    A-1-3 yrs
    B- no wait
    C- no wait
    D- no wait- 1 yr
    E- 1-2 yrs
    F- no wait
    G- 1-3 yrs
    K- no wait
    L-1-3 yrs
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• John2008, I'm curious. Your signature says your journey starts at 1:30pm. I am also signed up for the 1/19 exam, but at 8:30am. Are there different exam sessions?

Comment

• Any speculation as to how many people have signed up to take the exam? I know past exams attracted thousands.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaejin View Post
          John2008, I'm curious. Your signature says your journey starts at 1:30pm. I am also signed up for the 1/19 exam, but at 8:30am. Are there different exam sessions?
          yes there are well for my location, I don't know if in another part if different but where I'm taking it the test is offer at 8:30am,1:30pm and there's another time I think is 4:30 or 5:30 I'm not sure I don't remember what the other one was, I picked the 1:30pm one because that way I'll be wide awake and be able to focus on the exam more. in the box where it says the date and time u click on those and you can change the date and time if you wish. I'll rather take it the 1st day that way I'll get my results back before the people in Feb hopefully.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
            yes there are well for my location, I don't know if in another part if different but where I'm taking it the test is offer at 8:30am,1:30pm and there's another time I think is 4:30 or 5:30 I'm not sure I don't remember what the other one was, I picked the 1:30pm one because that way I'll be wide awake and be able to focus on the exam more. in the box where it says the date and time u click on those and you can change the date and time if you wish. I'll rather take it the 1st day that way I'll get my results back before the people in Feb hopefully.
            I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt that the results will be sent out at different times. I think that everybody will know around the same time.

Comment

What location are you taking it at? I chose NYC because that is the closest to me I think (I'm in NJ) and the only option for Jan. 19th is Manhattan - 369th Armory Center at 8:30am. I would much prefer a later time, because like you said, I want to be as wide awake as possible. 8:30 in the morning is a bit early.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaejin View Post
                What location are you taking it at? I chose NYC because that is the closest to me I think (I'm in NJ) and the only option for Jan. 19th is Manhattan - 369th Armory Center at 8:30am. I would much prefer a later time, because like you said, I want to be as wide awake as possible. 8:30 in the morning is a bit early.

mmmm I'm taking it in Suffolk County (long island) at SUNY at Farmingdale, we are about 1 1/2 hour away from NYC so I don't know if your willing to drive that extra 1 1/2 hour to take the test at a later time.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Appointment Letters

Hopefully we get some good news this week. This is the second week since the medical so I am watching the mailbox like a hawk. Good luck!!

Mike

Comment

I don't think so as long as he passes the PAT test and doesn't have any heart problems. and passes all the physical stuff in the academy.
                    That's pretty much what I told him. I also told him it is considered bias today to turn down a candidate for any job due to high cholesterol. But lets face it, there are ways to turn someone down for a specific reason and claim it was something else. Either way it would have to be a good reason to take a chance of discrimination lawsuits though.
                    sigpic
                    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

It probably won't matter as when I took the exam, a friend who took his a week later got his score a week before me and had a lower score. I think everyone will get there's within a week to 2 weeks time and which test you take won't affect your list # either.

What matters is how you score on the exam, so try your hardest as it is not an easy exam compared to most LE exams and there will be alot of competition. Also, don't forget that Military Persons on leave get an alternate date for the exam that can be months later and will be put in proper place according to their score. I also believe military people can get extra credit, which will automatically give them an advantage too. After the list is established you will see many people with high scores who didn't expect to get called so fast wind up deferring until they are ready and unfortunately when they are ready they can bump people who are already called and processing. I'm just letting you know this beause these are examples of why you must try your hardest.

Good luck to all taking the exam.
                      Last edited by ATrooper2b; 07-10-2007, 10:52 AM.
                      sigpic
                      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDTROOPER View Post
                        Hopefully we get some good news this week. This is the second week since the medical so I am watching the mailbox like a hawk. Good luck!!

Mike
                        I'm not expecting anything until some time next week, so if they come this week it will be even better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                          It probably won't matter as when I took the exam, a friend who took his a week later got his score a week before me and had a lower score. I think everyone will get there's within a week to 2 weeks time and which test you take won't affect your list # either.

What matters is how you score on the exam, so try your hardest as it is not an easy exam compared to most LE exams and there will be alot of competition. Also, don't forget that Military Persons on leave get an alternate date for the exam that can be months later and will be put in proper place according to their score. I also believe military people can get extra credit, which will automatically give them an advantage too. After the list is established you will see many people with high scores who didn't expect to get called so fast wind up deferring until they are ready and unfortunately when they are ready they can bump people who are already called and processing. I'm just letting you know this beause these are examples of why you must try your hardest.

Good luck to all taking the exam.
                          yea and a lot of people turn it down because they are not willing to relocate and so on, My friend scored a 85 and got called a couple of months after but he turned it down(he's crazy) for MTA police so he could be closer to home but he's taking the test again lol, so I'm really aiming for 90-100 in that field so that way I have a decent chance for going for the next step I'll be really disapointed if I score less than an 90 because I really want this job as my career.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Another question lol, how do you(troopers) do your reports? do you do them on a computer by using computer programs or do you do them by hand? I know some departments in other states do all their reports on the computer so I was wondering how does NYS troopers do theirs?????
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Another question lol, how do you(troopers) do your reports? do you do them on a computer by using computer programs or do you do them by hand? I know some departments in other states do all their reports on the computer so I was wondering how does NYS troopers do theirs?????
                              John:

You are going to be learning all these things at the Academy and in field training, but yes, we do reports on a computer. The program is called SJS, and, from what I can tell by listenening to the Troopers, SJS stands for "Sucks, Just Sucks."
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Spectrum Justice System, actually.
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13378 users online. 522 members and 12856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X