Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51XX, Troop NYC, processed in March. Looking forward to going up to Albany.

Comment

• Troop G
      Rank 7XX (unfortunately had to defer processing LY)
      Received med invite for 9/12

Comment

• Got my invite today! See you all up in Albany!

Comment

• By any chance, does anybody know how many people they call for the medical compared to the amount of people who make the academy?

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSOFMIND View Post
            3,1XX, NYC. Letter Received. Afang and prospect, did either of you defer from the processing last September?
            I was out of the country at that time. Took the test in January of 2015, scored well and processed in March of 15. Sorry for bumping people

Comment

• Understood. Totally forgot about the military testing and how list #s were still being issued. Would anyone happen to know what's the highest list # of someone that is in the class, that is about to graduate?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSOFMIND View Post
                Understood. Totally forgot about the military testing and how list #s were still being issued. Would anyone happen to know what's the highest list # of someone that is in the class, that is about to graduate?
                The first class off this list processed through the first 2,000, but there were several candidates that were backfilled to the next class, so the second class ranged up to about 3,600-3,700 on the list. That's the class in now. I'm pretty sure those were the numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
                  That's what I heard as well. In fact, I heard it was so bad that it was embarrassing and that is why the NYSP released their updated statement on the recruitment page that expresses the importance of maintaining a physical standard. I suppose people aren't taking it serious. You would think that those who are testing for a lifetime career would at least perform to the minimum.......oh well, let them weed out the weak for us that are determined

No Trooper would want their backup, or a 2 shift partner to be the minimum type of guy, or gal. Unfortunately some happen to squeeze by...

Comment

• Received my medical invite yesterday with an 8:30 AM report time. I processed in March and I'm in Troop B.

Comment

• I have a few questions.

What's the daily PT like? (What do we do ho often and how long)

How many sit ups do they do daily?

Any recommended workouts to get ready for the academy?

I heard you have to always hold everything in your left hand, and it could be for hours. When and why is this?

Comment

• bigmitch:

Check page 9 of this thread, there is some pretty good info there, however I'm not sure if it's still valid.

I would assume the reason for carrying everything in the left hand is the same as in the military - because you should be prepared to salute with the right hand.
                        Last edited by CHI2NY; 08-24-2015, 08:23 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• 29xx
                          Troop E
                          Processed in March, received med invite for 9/12.

Comment

• What does the final medical exactly entail? Other than a physical, is there the push up, sit up and running test?

Comment

• Has anyone from May processing or around rank 6k received there med letter

Comment

• But is pt once a day or twice a day?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9768 users online. 464 members and 9304 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X