• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete account
    Last edited by bigmitch123; 07-07-2015, 12:42 AM. Reason: Delete account

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
      Any one here ever go to the final medical evaluation? Do they check your blood pressure there? And I also heard I shouldn't eat that day.
      Medical Examination

Approximately one month prior to appointment to an Academy class, medical examinations will be conducted at the New York State Police Academy in Albany, NY, by a NYSP Division Physician. Each potential appointee will be required to authorize access to mental health records.

The Division Physician will examine the candidate's medical condition and general ability to perform the essential related job functions. Elements of the examination involve candidates hearing, dental condition, height/weight proportions and visual acuity.

If the Division Physician should recommend that a candidate is unable to perform the essential functions of the position, the conditional offer of appointment may be revoked by the Superintendent and the candidate will be disqualified.

The selection process has been developed through analysis of the Trooper position.

-------------

I'm sure whoever makes it that far would get a mailing informing you to be in Albany on X day, that mailing will likely include what to do and not do for the day of the evaluation
      Last edited by Prospect07; 06-03-2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• This is my first time posting but I have been monitoring the forums for a long time now. I'm looking forward to the next few months and can't wait for the next class to come around! My investigator told me that the next academy will most likely begin in October.

Good luck to all currently in the process.

Comment

• Yea I was told October also by a current trooper. if it starts in October then the medical most likely will be in early September.

Comment

• I think we might see some freezing with hiring. I was told by a valid source in the Comptrollers office that the millions spent on finding the prisoners has already exceeded this year's budget for both Corrections and NYSP...they may have a tough time finding the funding to keep up with the hiring.

Comment

• I hope not. What do you think the chances of that really happening is? Is it just a thought? Or are they 100% thinking of doing it? Because they are already so far into the process with us all. I'm hoping they just push this fall class in atleast.

Comment

• I doubt it. There will be a lot of retirements coming up now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
                  I think we might see some freezing with hiring. I was told by a valid source in the Comptrollers office that the millions spent on finding the prisoners has already exceeded this year's budget for both Corrections and NYSP...they may have a tough time finding the funding to keep up with the hiring.
                  I understand the thought behind that, however they just processed through almost 4,000 candidates and are currently conducting backgrounds, poly's, psych's, etc. I think they would at least keep the next class on track, but you never know with the politics that go on with budgets.

Comment

I think we might see some freezing with hiring. I was told by a valid source in the Comptrollers office that the millions spent on finding the prisoners has already exceeded this year's budget for both Corrections and NYSP...they may have a tough time finding the funding to keep up with the hiring.
                    I heard a similar rumor - not from the Comptrollers office but from ppl OTJ rather... I hope it wont effect the October class since candidates have completed the BI, Polygraph & psych...

Comment

I have no inside knowledge that this will happen but there is rumored past experience. A previous manhunt was allegedly to blame for a gap between classes. A class that supposedly had a November class date started in January. I say allegedly and supposedly because there was never anything official saying the class was going to start in November sent to the recruits who eventually started in January. So the manhunt could have pushed it to January OR when the class didn't start in November as rumored the manhunt became the scapegoat. Either way what is true is that this Manhunt was VERY expensive and that money has to come from somewhere.
                      In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Does anyone have a good workout schedule program to get ready for physical fitness test? I was told by the recruitment officer that there would possibly be a recruitment weekend in September/October. I was scheduled for the last processing weekend but got in an accident on the way up there as I am currently a CO and had to work a double and was deferred. I have been slacking since the accident and need to get back in a routine for push ups, sit ups, and the run. fyi I am on my wife's account.
                        Last edited by lawgirl9089; 07-23-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Lawgirl,

What I did was just kept doing push ups and sit ups and I timed myself to see how I compared to the troopers scores. Also have a good diet and do a lot of running( that helps abs). And by any chance do you guys know another other forums that the current trooper applicants are using? I feel like not many people are still using this one.

Thanks and good luck

Comment

• I sure hope they wont hit a hiring freeze, cuz my rank number is next for processing

Comment

• No one from the current crop of applicants monitoring this thread is getting hired if you let it fall to page two again!!!

But seriously this thread is almost ten years old don't drop the ball carry the torch. There are guys on now with almost 10 years on that started by asking questions here.
                              Last edited by Empiregrey; 08-02-2015, 06:44 PM.
                              In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
                                Lawgirl,

What I did was just kept doing push ups and sit ups and I timed myself to see how I compared to the troopers scores. Also have a good diet and do a lot of running( that helps abs). And by any chance do you guys know another other forums that the current trooper applicants are using? I feel like not many people are still using this one.

Thanks and good luck
                                Empiregrey has a point - but seriously this is the most active forum I've been monitoring. Its probably this quiet because we are all waiting for the Medical Letter - hopefully soon.
                                Last edited by Prospect07; 08-03-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9412 users online. 398 members and 9014 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X