300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
    I think I met you at pt test lol..I was talking to a marine that also has a dwi in his record. Idk if that's you or not.
    Maybe, although I don't think I spoke about it to anybody...
    But then again,
    What are the odds lol
    Did you take Passaic police exam?

Comment

• With the recent statement on the NYSP Recruitment page regarding the advise of staying in shape and preparing for the fitness exam, I can't help but think that there may be a lot of people failing the Physical Exam?

They have processed up to 7100 people in the two years since the results have been released. At this rate, by 2017 anyone within 15,000 should be reached. Obviously they will reach their goal in candidates as they are playing catch up from the previous hiring freezes.

My questions is for anyone that has been processed. Are there that many people failing the physicals? Most people who take the time to join this forum are serious about becoming an officer and therefore I'd like to think that we are those that prepare and attain the fitness level required, but I can't help but think that there are thousands of people that take the time to take the exam only to fail by not doing an adequate amount of situps? It seems this is the easy part.....any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eguzman0920 View Post
        Maybe, although I don't think I spoke about it to anybody...
        But then again,
        What are the odds lol
        Did you take Passaic police exam?
        Yeah lol

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
          With the recent statement on the NYSP Recruitment page regarding the advise of staying in shape and preparing for the fitness exam, I can't help but think that there may be a lot of people failing the Physical Exam?

They have processed up to 7100 people in the two years since the results have been released. At this rate, by 2017 anyone within 15,000 should be reached. Obviously they will reach their goal in candidates as they are playing catch up from the previous hiring freezes.

My questions is for anyone that has been processed. Are there that many people failing the physicals? Most people who take the time to join this forum are serious about becoming an officer and therefore I'd like to think that we are those that prepare and attain the fitness level required, but I can't help but think that there are thousands of people that take the time to take the exam only to fail by not doing an adequate amount of situps? It seems this is the easy part.....any thoughts?
          Some ppl were doing six sit ups..they are giving a second cchance to people that have failed pt

Comment

• 2000 were called my second processing, 1200 showed - we only had 500 or so for day 2. Majority failed the sit-ups...
            Last edited by Prospect07; 05-19-2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prospect07 View Post
              I failed sit ups first processing, I hit the mark on the second. Sit ups for some take extra conditioning.

2000 were called my second processing, 1200 showed - we only had 500 or so for day 2. Majority failed the sit-ups...
              Only 1200 showed!? I understand things change and not everyone can get to Albany ( I live 20 minutes from Academy so I'm very fortunate)....I just find it hard to believe that out of 2000 people they can easily throw so many out....

Comment

Only 1200 showed!? I understand things change and not everyone can get to Albany ( I live 20 minutes from Academy so I'm very fortunate)....I just find it hard to believe that out of 2000 people they can easily throw so many out....
                That, and, a lot of people from MY orientation class didn't take the tattoo policy seriously, out of about 200 that sat through orientation, I would say maybe 60-70 were told that their tats were too visible...

Comment

Its a prestigious/exclusive agency, in my opinion. As such they have high standards & a strict policy, it isn't for everyone.

Comment

• 10characters
                    Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I saw that as well..

Comment

• Originally posted by Prospect07 View Post
                        Its a prestigious/exclusive agency, in my opinion. As such they have high standards & a strict policy, it isn't for everyone.
                        Definitely a strict agency. You don't receive the great pay without having what it takes. I know that credit backgrounds can eliminate people quickly as well. People with judgements and/or defaulted student loans.

Comment

• What about car loans?

Comment

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
                            What about car loans?
                            They care about whether you're financially secure and you're not a credit deadbeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
                              They care about whether you're financially secure and you're not a credit deadbeat.

Yeah someone with a lot of debt that pays their bills relatively on time won't have any issues. I know that divorce can ruin someone's credit and that it all taken into consideration and relative to each own's situation. However the person with seized property and repo'd cars may not stand a chance as it shows irresponsibility.

Comment

• Oh ok thanks, I make 60k right now. I just owe car loans about 35k

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9036 users online. 463 members and 8573 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X