300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys,

I am going up for processing this upcoming weekend and looking to go up Friday night. I was looking to get a room at a hotel on Washington Avenue. Anyone have any insight on the hotels. Its the same weekend as the U Albany's graduation so a lot of rooms are booked. Thanks.
    NYSP
    Score: 97.x

Comment

• Originally posted by Xstioner View Post
      Hey guys,

I am going up for processing this upcoming weekend and looking to go up Friday night. I was looking to get a room at a hotel on Washington Avenue. Anyone have any insight on the hotels. Its the same weekend as the U Albany's graduation so a lot of rooms are booked. Thanks.

Give those found on Wolfs Road in Albany a try... it (Comfort Inn) worked for me.. Good Luck

Comment

• I booked mine at quality inn

Comment

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
          I booked mine at quality inn
          Yea, I just booked mine a little while ago at the Hampton Inn on wolfs road. Thanks Prospect07
          NYSP
          Score: 97.x

Comment

• Originally posted by Prospect07 View Post
            Has anyone's BI contacted the references you have provided on the application? I've met with the BI, completed the psych eval & poly. Just curious....

Thanks
            All of my paperwork with my background investigator was done 2 weeks ago, So I'm sure my background investigator sent in my file.. Now the wait. Moving to Dubai in June so if i get the call i will be returning home.. Wish i could know if i get selected prior to moving

Comment

• Update regarding driving record...questionaire says driving and court records, the MV-15 does not have everything on it what I was told today is you have to report any tickets even if not on driving record such as reduced speeding tickets because background check can get records from courts and district attorney. If you did it report it!

Comment

• Originally posted by schoolsinsession View Post
                Update regarding driving record...questionaire says driving and court records, the MV-15 does not have everything on it what I was told today is you have to report any tickets even if not on driving record such as reduced speeding tickets because background check can get records from courts and district attorney. If you did it report it!
                Yeah mine only goes five years back..I'm sure I got a ticket seven years ago. It sucks I don't know exact date

Comment

• 10characters
                  Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                    Just write the year and the ticket. You don't need an exact date
                    Yeah thanks. I'm just really nervous lol

Comment

• Anybody know how bad will a DWI hold you back from appointment? I've heard it's circumstantial depending on how you answer and what the situation was.?
                      I'm up here now in Fairfield Marriott right across the street.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eguzman0920 View Post
                        Anybody know how bad will a DWI hold you back from appointment? I've heard it's circumstantial depending on how you answer and what the situation was.?
                        Are you serious?
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Anybody know how bad will a DWI hold you back from appointment? I've heard it's circumstantial depending on how you answer and what the situation was.?
                          It's bad. Any arrest is bad. (obviously)

Comment

• I'd be concerned with that. There isn't much tolerance with a DWI. Plus, any bull**** you try to use as an excuse will not work with the police. They've heard them all.

In addition, with the way processing is going (very fast) and so many people scoring really well, the NYSP have their ultimate choice in choosing candidates. They certainly don't have to "scrape the bottom" of the pot for troopers like they did 20 years ago so any thing and everything that sticks out may eliminate you. While we aren't all "squeaky clean", something like a DWI will definitely cause you to be passed up.

Comment

• Ok

Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
                              I'd be concerned with that. There isn't much tolerance with a DWI. Plus, any bull**** you try to use as an excuse will not work with the police. They've heard them all.

In addition, with the way processing is going (very fast) and so many people scoring really well, the NYSP have their ultimate choice in choosing candidates. They certainly don't have to "scrape the bottom" of the pot for troopers like they did 20 years ago so any thing and everything that sticks out may eliminate you. While we aren't all "squeaky clean", something like a DWI will definitely cause you to be passed up.
                              Well first and foremost, thank you for your time and actually writing something with meaning...
                              And @reils49.... Yes I am serious otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time out of my family's life and my work life to spend the weekend out in Albany....
                              Yes I am hopeful, Yes I've made a mistake, but s!!t happens and I just wanted an opinion or a fact or if somebody has ever heard of the situation, I went into the Marine Corps with the DWI, and came out with it as well, it never went away nor will it ever.... So yes I'm serious in ALL of my LE endeavors...
                              just looking to pick up the pieces of an effed up college life... It is what it is....

Comment

Well first and foremost, thank you for your time and actually writing something with meaning...
                                And @reils49.... Yes I am serious otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time out of my family's life and my work life to spend the weekend out in Albany....
                                Yes I am hopeful, Yes I've made a mistake, but s!!t happens and I just wanted an opinion or a fact or if somebody has ever heard of the situation, I went into the Marine Corps with the DWI, and came out with it as well, it never went away nor will it ever.... So yes I'm serious in ALL of my LE endeavors...
                                just looking to pick up the pieces of an effed up college life... It is what it is....

I think I met you at pt test lol..I was talking to a marine that also has a dwi in his record. Idk if that's you or not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4907 users online. 242 members and 4665 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X